john230481 is offline New Member

HCG and clomid....sperm count is worse!

Hey guys,

I'm in a slight panic at the moment. I'd never used HCG before during cycle, however after my dbol /test cycle had finished, my sperm count always went back to 20m/ml after a few months.

My last cycle I took 300iu twice a week and clomid during PCT, yet two months on and my sperm count came back as 'not enough sperm to count'.

Rather than assisting me, the HCG seems to have had a negative affect on my count.

Anyone else had this?

Vitruvian-Man is offline Banned
    So you took HCG @ 600iu/wk for the entire duration of the PCT?

Wait a minute - let me ask you this.... Are you on TRT? and using the HCG/clomid to 'come-off' steroids to aid with fertility? or was your clomid/HCG just your entire PCT?

In any case, my best bet is that you're still very suppressed by using that HCG throughout. Do you got any bloodwork? Or just sperm count examinations..

-VM

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    did you take the hcg and clomid at the same times? that is a no no

Sorry. not very clear was I? I took the HCG from week 4 of the cycle and stopped one week before the end of my cycle. Nolv and clomid only for PCT. I'm not on TRT.

Dianbol (4 weeks) and Test E on a 10 week cycle. HCG from week 4 of the cycle at 300IU twice a week which I stopped on week 9 of the cycle. My PCT included Clomid and Nolv which I finished on June 30th. Sperm count on Friday contained too few sperm to count.
    Last edited by john230481; 09-07-2010 at 12:17 PM.

MrGreen is offline Member
    Well I cant answer the question for you but to my I would consider that a blessing! LOL I fear having kids or getting some chick prego and taking me for about 1k a month!!

I'm very happily married, and we've recently decided to start a family. My previous cycle is my last until I get my wife pregnant. I'm just concerned as to why my sperm count is lower now than it was before I ever took HCG during cycle.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    might have been fake hcg . i really don't know too much about hcg tho

FuzzyPeaches o.O is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGreen View Post
    Well I cant answer the question for you but to my I would consider that a blessing! LOL I fear having kids or getting some chick prego and taking me for about 1k a month!!
    Personally I did not think I was ready for a child and when my wife said she wanted to try I reluctantly agreed. It took 3.5 months of trying before we were able to put a "bun in the oven" due to her hormones being all over the place as a result of birth control for 8 +/- years. However the birth of my son was nothing short of a miracle and apart from not being able to sleep for the 1st 6 to 8 months, due to feedings and all of the other things you have to do in the middle of the night w/an infant, I could not be happier with the decision we made.

Like I said I am not sure I would have ever said "I'm ready" before hand but I took a leap of faith and what a joy it has turned out to be. To know that you have created life and to see this baby, who is completely dependant and full of unconditional love, for me it changed everything.

I'm nearly 30 and I am definately ready to be a father, I just hope my count improves otherwise i'll be devastated.

FuzzyPeaches o.O is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by john230481 View Post
    I'm nearly 30 and I am definately ready to be a father, I just hope my count improves otherwise i'll be devastated.
    Don't sweat it. Stressing yourself out is not going to help your levels either. My advice is to enjoy the "baby making" process and enjoy the time you both have with each other now. Believe me everything will change once 2 becomes 3 and the little things become a lot harder.

I'm sure you will be fine.

MrGreen is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyPeaches o.O View Post
    Personally I did not think I was ready for a child and when my wife said she wanted to try I reluctantly agreed. It took 3.5 months of trying before we were able to put a "bun in the oven" due to her hormones being all over the place as a result of birth control for 8 +/- years. However the birth of my son was nothing short of a miracle and apart from not being able to sleep for the 1st 6 to 8 months, due to feedings and all of the other things you have to do in the middle of the night w/an infant, I could not be happier with the decision we made.

Like I said I am not sure I would have ever said "I'm ready" before hand but I took a leap of faith and what a joy it has turned out to be. To know that you have created life and to see this baby, who is completely dependant and full of unconditional love, for me it changed everything.
    I understand this entirely! My girl has a daughter and I am the only father she knows. It has been that away since she was 3 1/2 and now she is about to turn 5. I work offshore and the times I get in late when she is asleep having her walk into our room calling for mom then seeing me start laughing and running to jump in my side of the bed is priceless. Its something you cant explain and yet has the largest impact on my life over anything else no matter good or bad.

Just as Fuzzy said you will be fine man! Think positive BE positive!!

dirtybrd is offline Associate Member
    Don't sweat it just yet! Have lots of sex just for the fun of it, sometimes the pressure of trying to conceive a child can damper it. I was unlucky/lucky. My GF said, I want you to cum in me, reluctantly I did and now have a beautiful 2yo daughter. I joked around about being an ovarian sniper, one shot, one kill. Anyway good luck and don't stress about it!

It's not easy though bro when two months after cycle my sperm count is still stupidly low even after using HCG . I'm normally up to the 13m/ml point after 2 months without hcg.

PistolStarta is offline Senior Member
    It's not easy though bro when two months after cycle my sperm count is still stupidly low even after using HCG. I'm normally up to the 13m/ml point after 2 months without hcg.
    2 months isnt that long, only recommendation Is try a few weeks of clomid by itself for a boost. did you run 100/100/50/50 for pct or lower doses?

I ran 100/50/50/50 on Clomid during PCT. I'm just hoping my next test shows some positive signs. There will be about 6 weeks between the tests so here's hoping.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Goto an endocrinologist or a fertility doctor...... theres no point in messing around..... i'd just go straight to a doc and get a straight answer.

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

legend1022 is offline Junior Member
    Hey Jon don't mean to change the subject but how did that cycle go for you? I am about to start the exact same cycle in about a week.

thanks

40plusnewbie is offline Senior Member
    I went to a fertility dr with my wife because we couldn't conceive. In the end we learned my wife's eggs are just messed up, they are like a 45yo woman's eggs and she is 35. But re: sperm count: I did research and started injecting 1000mcg of B12/day and 50mg of B6/day and my count went up by like 300% or something.

If worse comes to worse and you can't conceive naturally and consider a fertility dr as an option, your sperm count becomes less of an issue. It can still be an issue with IUI procedures (they take your sperm and shoot it up into your wife after giving her a drug to have her produce more eggs) but if that doesn't work and you do an IVF (in vitro fertilization) your sperm count won't matter at all because what they will do is take your sperm and pick out a few of the most active/healthy ones and put them in with your wife's eggs in a petri dish and let them grow in there for a few days then put the little egg baby up in your wife.

Might not want to go that route, just providing the info so you know low sperm count doesn't mean no baby.

Thread Information