EpyoN is offline New Member

Steroids and potential future with law enforcement

Hey guys, Im planning on running my first cycle sometime before winter and had heard that a bunch of agencies wont accepet you if you have taken steroids before. Im not just talking about local police, Im interested in working for the fbi or other federal agencies. I was mainly wondering if they just drug test you as part of the application process or do they polygraph you? I know asking this here might be a long shot but I dont really know where else to ask this. Thanks in advance.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    If you're serious about a career with a respectable agency, I wouldn't touch AAS.

Most of them polygraph.

powerws is offline Associate Member
    My uncle used to work for the fbi and I'm sure they would do background checks, ploygraphs, and drug test ect. Some compounds from what I have read can stay in your system for years. Goodluck!

sfour_tay is offline Member
    they will most likely do a truth verfication test on the polly. there more looking to see if you will lie. i know the departments around me cant dismiss you just on the polly as long as you tell the truth. with that being said, if you admit to using aas with in the past 6-months to a year or that you like to get it on with goats..... they will prob use that to build a case as to why they wont accept the application.

its a double edged sword. on one hand yes i want the police that are " protecting " me to be bigger and stronger than the thugs out there but, some times you run across a cop with some serious issues with having all that power and the last thing you want is a juiced up cop going on a rage spree. there was a cop who beat a suspect close to death and blamed the out burst on the juice ..........

good luck

UMFan is offline Junior Member
    Here is an interesting article on polygraphs in the FBI: link. I agree with the guys above; don't do it.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I had two guys next door became air marshalls, they interviewed me an a bunch of other neighbors as well as all the guys freinds. As a side note I had another friend whose fiance worked for the CIA as a translater when they asked her about her boyfriend one of the questions was has he (not her) ever taken any drugs...she thought about it and said yes he has smoke pot, they let her know later if she had lied they would not have hired her regardless of the polygraph because they had already established that he smoked on a regular basis from other sources....

Just food for thought.

stpete is offline Banned
    Wait till you get hired. Then you can talk to your cop buddies and get some of the best shit around. Probably dirt cheap! haha...Got my eyes on you cop!

shennen is offline Associate Member
    ++++
    Last edited by shennen; 09-28-2010 at 05:46 PM. Reason: oops

Stephen73ta is offline Associate Member
    Yeah i'd wait until you get into a program then jump on some hgh or hg gear!

ar-gun is offline Junior Member
    corrections doesnt polygraph here in ny state just went through it

matt77 is offline Member
    All federal agencies ask about AAS usage and they all do polygraphs. Only very small departments do not do polygraphs but you usually already have to be a certified peace officer to work for them as they don't send people to the academy. I would not suggest using AAS ever if you go into LE. The only way I would do it if it were me would be the legal way through a anti aging clinic.

Just think about the crap you would go through if you got caught. All the normal charges plus violation of oath of office.

I just met a fellow in the gym that was a former police officer. He got nabbed with gear and got fired. Yeah, some cops are juiced but nearly all of them will get fired if they got caught.

40plusnewbie is offline Senior Member
    I agree with the others. If u have not touched AAS and want to, but also want to get into one of the more prestigious law enforcement agencies I would NOT TOUCH steroids . I remember being asked as part of a background check aobut a guy I wokred with like 5 years prior and it wasn't even some high level job he was applying for, the whole background thing was totally standard.

I have read there are ways to beat the poly, but wounldn't try, not worth it (taking a valium, biting your tongue a ouple times during random questions to throw off the machine, clinching up your asshole during standard questions like what is your name so the machine spikes even though your telling the truth and they know it, etc.

I also know with reg police they give u a chance to come clean and admit to any crimes u have committed before being sworn in and getting a pass so long as the 'crimes' are minor like smoking weed a couple of times, drinking under age a few times. But a friend of mine had caffeine pills in high school, not even illegal. For some reason they suspended him. Well his father had connections with the town so he supposedly had it buried, burned, had it disappear. So during the come clean interview my friend didn't mention it. He was a part time cop for like 4 years and the Sargent fired him because he found out about he caffeine pills and that he lied about it during the come clean interview. If he had come clean he probably wouldn't have been booted but evidently the record didn't get burnt/disappear. For the fbi or whatever I have no idea if any of this minor drug crime come clean thing would get u a pass and get u on the job. They worry about people having tendencies that could lead them to corruption, gambling, drugs, etc. U get in deep with that shizat and become a double agent with the criminals to avoid going bankrupt due to your very expensive vice. The higher the agency in the chain of command the greater the risk.

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    1 example... Ronnie Coleman (all natural of course). Depends on your local laws. Here in Canada Polygraph is not admisable so it doesnt get used. Just know going in that is could affect future plans. If you are not huge you may just look like a guy in shape.

Thread Information