PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Is it possible to do a cycle and NOT gain weight or gain only 5-10 lbs?

I'm no longer body building and haven't been since about Feb. Last year I did a 12 week Test C only cycle 500mg/week with 250mg Sunday morning and 250mg Wed. night. I ran a PCT of Clomid and Nolva without any issues. I finished PCT just before Christmas and haven't done any cycles since or prior. This was my only cycle.

I'm in great shape and have since been back to training MMA 5 days a week since January. On my first cycle I gained approx. 30lbs. which was great because that's what I was looking for. I'm not trying to keep my weight down somewhat but I'm looking to add some strength to offset being much smaller than most of my training partners. I'm currently 5'8" tall and 181lbs. At my peak I was at 206lbs. but have dropped back here.

During my first cycle I was trying to bulk and kept to a strict bulking diet where I was eating a TON. I'm curious if I were to do another Test E or C only cycle and keep my food intake where it is currently if I could do a cycle and only gain a few pounds or will I automatically gain 15+ pounds regardless of diet? My assumption would be that if you aren't eating you're not growing so I would think this is somewhat possible.

The other option would be Anavar but I don't think the results are worth the risks. I know the weight gain is very minimal with Anavar but so aren't the gains. Plus, with such a short cycle I'm not sure it will help much.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Pete

UMFan is offline Junior Member
    I did a Winstrol cycle in which I had great strength gains and looked and felt great, but didn't gain much weight. I was eating very clean and was on a cutting diet, doing lots of cardio, but still hitting the weights hard. It was one of my better strength gains but I only jumped about 10 lbs or so, and all this was very clean and i kept it on. I've heard Masteron is really good for this as well, but I've never personally done it. From what I hear, Winny will give you better strength gains but Masteron is better for getting shredded. Can anyone validate that? Pete, where do you train MMA at?

428scj is offline Junior Member
    Var/Tbol would do it for you or just a Tbol OR Var cycle.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Did I miss it?

What are you goals?

Why think about AAS, if you don't want to gain too much weight?

Quote Originally Posted by D7M View Post
    Did I miss it?

What are you goals?

Why think about AAS, if you don't want to gain too much weight?
    I'm looking for the strength and recover benefits of AAS. Dealing with constant injuries and strains of training the AAS will help recover from the muscle aches and would help increase strength to help with the bigger guys.

BOBfromfightclub is offline Associate Member
    Id say that there are other AAS out there designed for gaining strength with out mass. Id personally just supplement up on Aminos and joint supplements. much safer. Train hard and eat right man.

gonzo6183 is offline Senior Member
    The risks of anavar are very minimal and it may suit your goals exactly, worth a look. That being said if you want to keep the few extra pounds you gain then you will need to adjust your diet accordingly to maintain the extra size and strength you could gain with a var only cycle

BOBfromfightclub is offline Associate Member
    Also if your set on AAS perhaps stick with the test. C or E and train different.
    IE avoid bulking techniques.
    Use higher reps etc....

If your training MMA style you should have plently of cardio to burn those calories you should still always eat right...

IMO

Are you trying to keep the weight off because of the MMA weight class? i feel like it's hard NOT to gain weight when doing test IMO. bob may have a point though, massive cardio might offset some gain, but then what's the point, ya know? i still like the winny option...

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Im really happy with 5 lbs a year, and thats pulling teeth!!! The only reason you gained 30 lbs your first cycle is that you were no where near your genetic potential and first time using. 30 lbs is an insane amount of weight and will never happen again.

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    There is no "garaunteed" weight per cycle. Its all individual dependant and diet. You can cycle your test as you described, drop some bodyfat and only put on a couple lbs. Its all in your diet and training, which incidentally controls everthing when it comes to bodybuilding.

powerliftmike, your avatar picture is awesome....lol. i haven't seen that movie in like 10 years

You guys are most def. right and I prob. won't do another cycle. I do want to fight next year and want to fight at 155lbs. Because of my height I'm better off fighting lighter. That being said if I do another cycle and gain even 10lbs. it's going to be that much harder to get to 155lbs. It's frustrating training with guys that weight 260lbs. and that are on steroids as they are SO much stronger than I am and outweigh me by 80lbs. But, with bodybuilding it was just me vs me so taking AAS only impacted myself. That being said in MMA it's me vs. my opponent which would def. give me an advantage but is that truly fair? Plus, if I take a fight I would NOT be on a cycle because again that isn't fair. However, I'm sure most amateur fighters are on cycle because there isn't any testing.

Thread Information