MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"

running clen while on a bulking cycle..

okay so im half way through my bulking cycle of 300mg DEca /600mg Test.. started first 5 weeks with 100mg Anadrol a week.. gonna run 75mg proviron the last 7 weeks.. 12 week total cycle..

I started at 243 and am now over 265.. this being the middle of week five i am concerned that i am going to continue to bloat up (despite dropping the A Bombs as the Deca is building in my system.. So i am going to run a bit of Arimidex through the end of it to get rid of water retention..

All that being said, i am wondering if it would be worth my time to run Clen 2 wks on 2 weeks off for weeks 6-16 (through the end of my PCT).. I know that Clen is used for cutting, and i am going to keep my high protien bulking diet, but was wondering if running clen will be a waste of time or will it cut the fat and not interfere with my muscle gains..

I know i need to lose some BF, but don't know if i want to wait three more months to start running clen and on top of that i am concerned of running clen while on no AAS might burn through a decent amoutn of muscle...

What do you guys think?

265lb
    3rd cycle (all bulking)
    20-22% BF

forgot to say doing 30 min cardio in the AM 5x week plus playing Rugby three times a week

big_ron is offline Anabolic Member
    I think you should have just run a cutting cycle

stpete is offline Banned
    I wouldn't be concerned w/ the clen right now. It sounds as if your diet is off. Get that straightened out and you might be ok....Are you sure about your cardio? Playing rugby and doing that cardio should be showing some results. It's diet related. If you think the same, please post your diet in the "diet forum" and those guys will be more than happy to help you. Good luck...

RE CARDIO... just started doing the cardio recently about 8 weeks ago ....up to 20min 3x a week stairmaster now but bought a stationary bike gets here monday and gonig to step it up.. just started rugby around a month ago.. i suppose i can just keep the diet clean for a while more, ive only cleaned it up a couple months ago as well.. i only recently stopped drinking too (8 weeks ago).. i think i have lost a bit of fat while on this cycle already.. im just wondering if running clen while on no AAS will melt away LBM.. or if clen would be useless if you are still on a bulking diet..

FYI Diet is 450g protein/ 300g Carbs / 100g fat (split up on 4-5 meals and 2-3 shakes a day) roughly 4,500k calories TDEE = 3800 on most days

Sector is offline Associate Member
    I would definatly change your diet up. Its obvious that you dont want to full on cut but perhaps lowering your calorie intake a bit and turning the rest of the cycle into a lean bulker would be a good choice.

im still not quite satisfied with the answers on this.. i suppose what i am asking is will clen melt fat even if you are doing a bulking cycle?? assuming diet is in check??? or will it melt muscle and fat indiscriminantly??

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    in my experience you still need a squeaky clean diet whilst on clen , if you are bulking then clen wouldnt be much use. also clen strains the heart, you dont want that in on top of the AAS. you'd be best running a cutting cycle next time, ive had more joy doing these than i have had anytime with clen. TBH i wouldnt consume that much protein, excess will store as fat, i never have calculated protein intake on body weight, not all your body is comprised of muscle after all. ive found i can maintain 15st on only 180-200grms pd. i have been as heavy as 16st 7lb before and that was still only on 230-250grms protein in the diet.
    back to the clen thing, i dont use it anymore for the simple reason that i can do the same on my trt dose of test and hold my muscle at the same time. as a side note, tren seemed to eat the bf off me, i was amazed by that stuff!!!

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    Quote Originally Posted by MACHINE5150 View Post
    im still not quite satisfied with the answers on this.. i suppose what i am asking is will clen melt fat even if you are doing a bulking cycle?? assuming diet is in check??? or will it melt muscle and fat indiscriminantly??
    I'll shed some light on the subject of Clen , and it's thermogenic properties in conjunction with AAS.

As you know, this catabolic precursor increases the rate of protein and fat being burned in the body. This thermogenisis and an increase in the rate of fat being burned usually has as a result that the metabolic rate of the subject is much higher and he burns more calories. This in turn results in loss of adipose tissue which is what you are aiming for. The downside to this effect is that there is a concomitant rise in the rate of protein being burned. Where fat is robbed from the fatty tissue in the body, protein is generally robbed from the muscle. As with all catabolic hormones, in time muscle loss is possible and highly likely to occur. With that being said, the combination of AAS and Clen would be wise simply because it will help preserve your current LBM while reducing fat. However, if you go this route, be wear of your liver enzymes. As you may or may not be aware of is the inherent liver toxicity associated with Clen especially in conjunction with other 17AA, I would highly suggest you monitor your liver values.

So taking into consideration the combination of anabolics and catabolic hormones, I feel (as others do in this thread) that there would be better alternatives to running a catabolic drug while one is trying to achieve a constant anabolic state.

Besides all that, your BF may be an issue here. Clen will elicit higher body temperature and higher BP. These 2 side effects in conjunction with too much adipose tissue may have the tendency of additionally adding more problems then solving. The use of these 2 may better suite someone who isn't as susceptible to side effects that accompany higher BF. Understand the risks vs. the rewards here, and take into consideration all variables as you set your sights on only the positive effects of Clen.

thank you for the informative post HP.. That is EXACTLY the information i was looking for.

Thread Information