Muscledweebe is offline Junior Member

Pinched nerve midcycle!!!

Ok guys my biggest fear has happend!! An injury midcycle, been having pins n needle and numb feeling in my arms for a week now and just learned from the doc i have a pinched nerve in my neck!!! Im currently in wk 9 of my 12 wk cycle test e 500mg wk. My gains are great ive put on 16lb and my strength is up as well. This injury should put me out for like 1-2 wks. Ive been scripted perks and ibubrofen for inflamation. But i believe i can still go to the gym and do abs and legs without bothering my damaged nerve. So some changes need to be made, first off im gonna be on light duty at work and not gonna be as active so my caloric intake should go down, also should i keep my cycle going or stop and go with planned pct. My biggest concern is since im bulking and not gonna work on my upper body for a few weeks ide hate to loose my hard earned gains. Any ideas on how to keep most. Any advice is greatly appreciated

Muscledweebe is offline Junior Member
    Bump!!!!!!!

GetSwole83 is offline Associate Member
    Are you going to PT? If you know a good PT who does manual therapy they may be able to manip your neck for a short term quick fix...much like a chiro...or you could try traction. You are really only in danger of making the condition worse doing squats, deadlifts, and heavy flat barbell bench where you will arch your neck and throw your head forward. I would lighten up on the weight and go for higher reps working hypertrophy anyway (which is what you want) and focus on perfect technique. Look up chin tucks on the net and stay in one on all exercises. ESPECIALLY bench. But honestly I would competely avoid the big 3 for a while.

lil_herc81 is offline Member
    IMO- I personally would keep on cycle since its only 2 weeks down and PCT should begin 2 weeks prior to end of cycle anyway. As indicated if you can, high reps low weights. You should know your body and feel if an exercise is causing pain if this happens note the workout and move on not to do it again. I had to abort a cycle once due to a hernia, It was a huge waste!

Thread Information