UberSteroids is offline Anabolic Member

Calorie intake on cycle

Hey guys, is there a general rule or a way to calculate how much extra calories/macronutrients I should be consuming when training on a cycle? To be more specific a Test E only cycle.

Thanks.

big_ron is offline Anabolic Member
    It all depends on your stats and your goals

boxin23 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UberSteroids View Post
    Hey guys, is there a general rule or a way to calculate how much extra calories/macronutrients I should be consuming when training on a cycle? To be more specific a Test E only cycle.

Thanks.
    Like Ron says depends on what you want to do.

Look up the Harris Benedict Formula for men. That will give you your BMR then figure out your TDEE from there. That will give you pretty much exactly how many Cals to Maintain, Lose or Gain. Good Luck.

PS....you should know this stuff before you cycle....

UberSteroids is offline Anabolic Member
    Well... I never heard of anyone doing Test E only cycle to cut down or maintain

So yes, muscle gain is the goal.

As to BMR and TDEE... Isn't that suposed to be for natural training?

I don't think that my bulk TDEE of 3200 for being natural stays the same while training on cycle.

BOBfromfightclub is offline Associate Member
    There is a formula for how many calories you need to stay the same size resting. when i find it ill post it here

SlimJoe is offline Banned
    you need to do your macros all comes down what your wanting to do bulk? cut?

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    500 calories over maintenance in my opinion unless you're looking for a dirty bulk, meaning you dont' mind gaining a little fat. And i've seen people cut on test E. Cutting/maintaining can be done on almost any gear of any ester with few exceptions.

themoreyouknow is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UberSteroids View Post
    Well... I never heard of anyone doing Test E only cycle to cut down or maintain

So yes, muscle gain is the goal.

As to BMR and TDEE... Isn't that suposed to be for natural training?

I don't think that my bulk TDEE of 3200 for being natural stays the same while training on cycle.
    actually, you can cut with test e...

either way, just aim for at least 500 above your TDEE

boxin23 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by themoreyouknow View Post
    actually, you can cut with test e...

either way, just aim for at least 500 above your TDEE
    To the OP .....exactly...just eat above your TDEE....and remember this that when you are on a bulking cycle your TDEE is going to change along with your weight.

If you are on cycle and wanting to get to 200 from 180.....then IMO you need to be eating like a 200 lb guy.

If you only eat above your TDEE based on 180 then gain 15 lbs....you need to adjust your caloric intake.

And NO it doesn't matter whether you are on or off. These aspects of diet (your tdee and bmr) are important to know whether on or off. Without them you are really flying in the dark and you don't know what to give your body. It really depends on what your level of training is. I mean some people bulk or dirty bulk and they count nothing and have never built a spreadsheet of their macros and eat everything in sight and gain like crazy. Other people who don't track it all don't gain much even on cycle and wonder why.....it's because they dont know how much their body requres to maintain, gain, or lose.

Good luck

Thread Information