jasonmarc is offline New Member

recovery of weight and strength

any advice welcome. I am 34 6'1" 140lbs. In september I got west nile. Now through 2 weeks in the hospital I got down to 119 pounds. I had been at 170 before i got sick. I have been working out for 2yrs. but lost everything when I got sick. when i say lost everything i mean everything. I went from benching 220 to barely being able to get up 100. I started going back to the gym as soon as i was able to walk again. Now 5 weeks later I m seeing little improvement. I am considering running a deca dbol cycle. I did a cycle last year of deca and sust and had great results. any opinions

BOBfromfightclub is offline Associate Member
    1. What are your goals?
    2. What is your BF%
    3. Deca should be run with Testosterone .
    4. Your Diet must be spot on for you to gain and maintain, my guess is if you where 170lbs after your last cycle of deca your not eating enough.
    5. How long since you've had west nile?

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yikes, you definitely need to try and eat as much as you can.

My goal is to get back to 170 175 I felt great and looked great at that weight. I know I problay wont ever be huge. Right now I eat 6 times a day. I take around 200g of protein just in shakes. I also drink an ensure in between meals. I work out 2hrs 6 days a week. I got out of the hospital on the 29th of sept. I dont know my bf but at 6'1 and 140 a dont think its to high. I have a very high metobolism. I have always had a hard time gaining weight. The 170 I was at was 7 months after the cycle. Before that i was 155. I have taken 6 months off work so right now getting my body back is my only focus

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    2 hours is too much working out when you are trying to put on mass.

FuzzyPeaches o.O is offline Senior Member
    I agree you are not eating properly. I understand getting sick, better than most. Several years ago I got double pneumonia and it progressed to complete respiratory failure and I was on a respirator for 5 days. They had me on paralysis for that entire time because I was in pure survival mode pulling IVs out and kicking/punching anything/anyone I could reach. Needless to say that was a long 10 days in the hospital and I lost a ton of weight BUT after being released and eating and training properly again it all came back within 8-10 weeks without any additional help (No AAS).

I'd like to see your average daily diet if you would not mind posting it...

themoreyouknow is offline Associate Member
    eat eat eat, bro..you'll get back there.
    also, 200g of protein a day at your weight is way too much, imo..you're body will not be able to use all that.
    surprisingly, ridiculously high intake of protein does not equal increased muscle growth

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    2 hours is too much working out when you are trying to put on mass.
    agreed.. eat more work out less

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    dude i think you need to slow down a bit, i understand you want to get back up there in weight and strength but working out 2 hours a day you will more than likely be overtraining. not to mention the fact that even though you feel better you more than likely aren't 100% health wise.
    try to utalize food more than shakes and tame down the gym time, im hope your not doing lots of cardio although a slow walk on the treadmill just for cardiovascular health would help i wouldnt overdo it

diet. 6:30am one bowl of oatmeal,bannana,20oz of oj, andd whey protein 48g protein. workout from 8:30 to 10:30. Pick up a 12" subway club sandwich on the way home and then have another protein shake. eat again at 12 usually a steak with potatoes and salad. Take a 1 and a half hour nap. Eat around 3:30 usually a turkey and ham sandwich and drink another protein shake. eat again at 6pm usually try to have some sort of pasta (lasagna spagehtti, sometime enchiladas). i eat before i go to bed at 10pm. Chicken and a salad. also another protein shake. I also put down about 4 ensures a day. I go through a gallon jug of water a day

think i will wait for awhile to cycle again, gonna cut back to every other day work outs. i still want to keep my cardio up so i think i will just concentrate on getting in optimum shape then worry about the size and strength

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Nothing you "lost" is truly lost. With muscle memory, you'll gain it back 5-10 faster than it originally took to amass.

i think maybe I should evaluate my trainer situation. I told her my goals when we started and I have been following her routine.The only reason I hired her was because the first time i went to the gym I had a hard time curling a 15lb dumbell and knew that I was in for a lot of dissapontement. And its kinda hard to let yourself puss out when there is a hot chick telling you that you can do it. Pretty lame I know

what ever motivates you, you would be pussin out if you didn't step back in the gym so what ever works more power to u

Here is an Idea for my knew routine..any critiques welcome
    monday= chest and triceps. all are 5 reps 5 sets. flat bench, flat dumbell bench, db flys, and alternate every other week between incline and decline db press. for triceps skull crushers, cable pushdowns, kick backs. i warm up with dips but i go as many as i can on these.
    wends=legs 5 reps 5 sets. squats,seated leg extentions, seated press, lying leg curls, and standing calf raises
    friday=back and biceps start with as many pull ups as possible. then lat pull downs, cable row,db rows, db curls, preacher curls, and cable curls,
    i do abs every morning as soon as i get up. And I am trying to figure a way of getting atleast an hour of cardio in a week.
    So there it is also my diet is posted in a previous posting, I know its not the cleanest and has a lot of fat. But I am also the guy that could live in a bowl of pudding and not gain a pound

i dont see shoulders in your plan, as far as cadio just do 20 mins on the treadmill after workouts except on leg day(might be to much) if you have insurance maybe they can give you a nutritionist to get you a healthy diet.
    you say you were 170 lbs before you got sick, at 6'1" thats still to light (no offence)

dam i meant to put shoulders in on the same day as legs. no insurance so thats not an option. Ya 170 is light for my height but it was a lot better than the 150 I had always been before. I am sure that if things had went better I would be thinking of 190 instead

listen lets just set a goal to get you where you were before you got sick and then we can build off that.
    get on the diet section and lets get a plan going for you. you have a new beginning so lets do this rite and get you healthy and ripped...

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I would take some time and look at the diet section as you diet is less than ideal, too much dirty food and too much relience on powders. I am sure in addition to all the wieght loss and muscle atrophy every other organ in your body took a beating...it may take a while to get your digestion (you might wanna try some acidophilus if your stools are not consistant) etc up to snuff so your body can maximise a high calorie diet. That said good luck on your recovery and really glad to hear you made it sounds like it was a damn serious case.

Here is a link that will show you how to make a pretty good estimate on your dietary needs based on age/weight/activity/workout level

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...sample-diet...

Right now I would give anything to be where I was. It sucks I look like a cancer patient. I even broke up with my chick just cause I dont really want her to see me so frail

Been on the acidophilus for three days. Already can feel a diffrence. I was feeling bloated and miserable full. Also started using sublingual b12 this stuff is great. changed workout. weighed in at 146 today.

Thread Information