esca_laid is offline Junior Member

Exclamation Joint pain, need a solution ASAP!!

I have been having extremely bad joint pain for about a month now. I recently was on cycle and got some really bad acne to which I had to go on accutain to get rid of. I was on accutain for about 2 moths 80mg a day. Then I stoped after that because of aces and pains. I got off cycle about a month ago now and ever since I have had such bad knee, shoulder, and arm pain that causes me to have horrible workouts - I also feel extremly week. I'm on HGH 5 iu/day, nolva 20mg and clomid 50mg. I have never had joint issues before or while on pct. First time on HGH so unsure if this is a cause. I take fat supplements and joint recovers supplements also. Could this be due to the accutain? Also I'm thinking of just getting on 300mg of deca a week till pain goes away.

Any help is appreciated

BOBfromfightclub is offline Associate Member
    Cissus ive heard is good

lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member
    HGH can cause joint pain. Are you taking Fish oil/Omega3? If not start. Drinks a lot of water, keep salt low and there is nothing wrong with one aspirin a day.

If those things doent help try cutting back on the HGH for a while, go down to 3iu and see if it's that or not. Also for joint pain for the last year I use DMSO gel with Aloe and it helps quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by BOBfromfightclub View Post
    Cissus ive heard is good
    It depends on what you mean by good. I got some to try, 2 bottles of pure powered. It's a PITA to try to cap and no way I can take it raw mixed with anything. I have had a lot of stuff in my life, drink eggs, drink amino acids and meds but that stuff is nasty... If you get it make sure it's in pill form.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 11-14-2010 at 09:17 PM.

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    Adequan
    Aprotinin
    Cynatine
    Hyaluronic Acid
    Synvisc
    Long R3-IGF-1

Breakdown:

Lots of athletes suffer from chronic discomfort in their joints, which is usually due to long-term overuse. This discomfort can be accelerated by poor training techniques, inadequate rest, inadequate nutrition and a variety of other factors. The bottom line is that once you have developed a chronic connective tissue injury, it is very difficult to recover. The process requires cessation from certain exercises for quite a long time (which sucks) as well as traditional treatments such as ice/heat, mild stretching and physical therapy. The process is usually frustratingly slow and improvement is often minimal, even after several months.

The most common joint-related injury in strength athletes is chronic tendonitis (also known as tendinosis). Cartilage and ligament injuries are seen less commonly; these are usually a result of acute injury or a more serious degenerative condition such as rheumatoid arthritis. This month, I will be speaking mainly in the context of tendonitis-type injuries, although much of what I present will be applicable to all types of joint problems.

Adequan, also known as polysulfated glycosaminoglycan, is an injectable preparation that is chemically similar to the mucopolysaccharides found in connective tissue itself. Adequan inhibits some of the proteolytic enzymes that degrade the structural integrity of connective tissue. Additionally, Adequan can act as a precursor from which the body can increase production of the proteoglycans that Make Up connective tissue. Adequan also reduces inflammation by suppressing production of prostaglandin E2 and increases hyaluronic acid concentrations in the joint, thereby making synovial fluid more viscous. This injectable is commonly used in animals such as dogs and horses and is widely available on the veterinary market.

Aprotinin consists of a polypeptide molecule. It used to be isolated from the lungs of cows, but now it may be made via transgenic bacteria or plants. Its primary use is for the control of bleeding during cardiac surgery, but it is also used to treat tendonitis and other joint-related maladies. Aprotinin has strong anti-proteolytic properties (inhibits breakdown of proteins), which makes it useful for the treatment of connective tissue disorders. When connective tissues are injured and inflamed, they are highly vulnerable to the actions of enzymes such as collagenase and hyaluronidase, which can break down key structural components. Aprotinin will work to suppress these actions, which can help switch the metabolic balance away from catabolism and toward regeneration and healing.

Aprotinin is another product that needs to be injected into the damaged tissue, so it’s not the most user-friendly stuff. It also can give a severe allergic (anaphylactic) reaction in some users, and people often experience an intense itchy sensation after using the stuff. On the plus side, it is relatively inexpensive and readily available as a prescription. On the minus side, it is related to heparin and shares some of its blood-thinning properties. So if you have a stomach ulcer, are going to have surgery, or have a condition where the risk of bleeding is a problem— avoid the stuff.

Cynatine, also known as functionalized keratin, is obtained by the partial chemical digestion of sheep’s wool (from New Zealand sheep). Keratin is a protein found in hair and it is very tough, fibrous and insoluble due to an abundance of what are known as ‘disulfide bonds.’ In the manufacturing process for Cynatine, the disulfide bonds are broken and the resulting protein becomes water-soluble. When administered orally, this digestible protein supplies highly sulfated peptide building blocks for connective tissue construction. It also has been shown to greatly inhibit the production of the inflammatory cytokine prostaglandin E2. On top of that, it has very potent antioxidant properties (both intrinsically and via increasing cell’s glutathione production), which helps protect connective tissue from the destructive ravages of free radicals.

Glucosamine/Chondroitin is a very common supplement that’s cheap, and you really should be taking a couple of grams every day. It provides some of the building materials for tendons, ligaments and cartilage and has also been shown to suppress proteolytic enzymes and inhibit the production of pro-inflammatory mediators. Several studies have demonstrated reduced joint pain, as well as increased flexibility, with the use of glucosamine and chondroitin. What’s more, a recent study showed that glucosamine/chondroitin supplementation can increase the molecular weight of hyaluronic acid in joints (which increases synovial fluid viscosity). The downside to these supplements is that they take a few months for positive effects to be realized, so if you are someone who demands instant gratification, you better learn to be patient.

Hyaluronic Acid is a glycosaminoglycan (type of large carbohydrate molecule) that is present in many tissues in the body, particularly in joints where it helps form a sort of lubricating ‘goo’ called synovial fluid that is essential for the smooth function of joint flexion. It also is an important component of articular cartilage, where it plays a key role in providing resistance to compression. Hyaluronic acid may also provide biological functions beyond simple mechanical assistance, such as helping control growth and proliferation of cells. Doctors have used injectable hyaluronic acid solutions for years to build up the synovial fluid in injured joints, and many positive results have been reported.

There is a new synthetic hyaluronic acid-like product called Synvisc, but some insist that it’s not as good as the original, since it won’t provide some of the cellular biological benefits that the real thing does. Oral hyaluronic acid is also available and shows promise, but the ‘joint jury’ is not yet in on the extent of its effectiveness.

Long R3-IGF-1 is something you’ve probably heard of. It’s an IGF-1 analog that has been altered so that it does not bind to serum-binding proteins. As a result, it is cleared from the body rather quickly, but this property also renders it valuable for use in localized applications. Many people have used this stuff in ‘****tails’ mixed with other things such as GH, aprotinin and hyaluronic acid. These ****tails are usually injected into the intraarticular space, where it helps speed the healing of injured cartilage. Long R3-IGF-1 has also been injected under the tendon sheaths to help speed recovery from tendon tears or chronic tendonitis. The strong anabolic properties of this peptide hormone may complement the activities of many other joint-recovery compounds.

lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member
    HawwianPride. As usually NICE write up.

gymnerd is offline Senior Member
    Regeneration is crucial. Learn how to take care of your body and prevent these injuries as best as you can. Foam roll what you can, get art if you have insurance, roll your triceps with a softball (gradually increase pressure over time) Alot of these injuries are due to knots or tightness in a muscle that pulls on the tendon and cause it to rub and Frey which will over time cause tendinitis. Also get deep tissue every 2-4wks. If you can

As far as supps go take gelatin, fish oil, joint supps are OK but in reality the prob will not ever go away till you do something to rehab the problem. I also suggest regular planned light wks or deload wks. dont wait till you are beat to shit, do it every 5-6wks do higher rep light weight focus on form and DO NOT push yourself this is a regeneration phase so your body can recover.

I will also say take nsaid as needed, just be smart it drives me nutts seing guys saying not to take aleve etc cause it will hurt your gains which is not really even 100% BUT dont you think having an injury that you cannot train around will hurt gains more than alittle aleave?

esca_laid is offline Junior Member
    Thx for the great write up and advice. This joint pain is new to me and all came at the same time which is why im not sure if its due to training techniques. either way I am on fish oil and allfex to help in the mean time. I am also taking 3 aleve a day for 1 week to reduce swelling and going to take a bit of time off for recover. I hope it gets better as times goes on. thx for the input again

deladude is offline Associate Member
    i had maaaaaad tendonitis when i came off my cycle in july. just lifting my arms was painful. i hit up the doc for some prednisone. it brought down the inflimation and allowed me to do my daily activities. i still couldnt lift heavy for a few months..... its a mother****er to recover from but from what i am told once you finaly do recover fully it isnt as easy to get(please correct me if im wrong)

Thread Information