HyPeRtRoPhIc is offline Junior Member

blood in dart ok?

What do you do if when you inject and pull on the plunger and blood does come back into the needle? do i just pull it back out and pick a new spot injecting the contents and the blood as well? jw

TopDogUK is offline Junior Member
    When it happened to me i changed the needle, because it will have been blunted and swapped injection sites. Yeah its ok to inject, its your own blood, came out of your body lol.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    ^^^ This.

Quote Originally Posted by TopDogUK View Post
    When it happened to me i changed the needle, because it will have been blunted and swapped injection sites. Yeah its ok to inject, its your own blood, came out of your body lol.
    lol thanks that what i thought thanks bud

Skyler is offline I thought I knew it all...WRONG!
    Not the popular answer, but when this happened to my buddy, he picked a new spot, injected, and the next day his leg was swollen and sore. He tried to ignore it, and within a few days he couldn't bend his knee, and the pain was unbearable. He went to the hospital, and they said if he had waited even 12 more hours, they would have had to cut open his quad and let the infection drain out.
    It doesn't matter if its your blood. Thats what he though. My research, his research, what his new girlfriend tells him (she is a nurse) and what the doctor that day told him, was that it doesn't matter if it came out of your body. If you inject anything deep into your muscle that is not sterile and clean, you could get an infection. Once blood leaves your body, and is exposed to the outside environment, it is no longer suitable to be placed back into your body.

I'm not saying you are guaranteed to get an infection or anything, as a matter of fact you will probably be fine. Just keep in mind that it's not 100% safe, and it does come with risk.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    Not the popular answer, but when this happened to my buddy, he picked a new spot, injected, and the next day his leg was swollen and sore. He tried to ignore it, and within a few days he couldn't bend his knee, and the pain was unbearable. He went to the hospital, and they said if he had waited even 12 more hours, they would have had to cut open his quad and let the infection drain out.
    It doesn't matter if its your blood. Thats what he though. My research, his research, what his new girlfriend tells him (she is a nurse) and what the doctor that day told him, was that it doesn't matter if it came out of your body. If you inject anything deep into your muscle that is not sterile and clean, you could get an infection. Once blood leaves your body, and is exposed to the outside environment, it is no longer suitable to be placed back into your body.

I'm not saying you are guaranteed to get an infection or anything, as a matter of fact you will probably be fine. Just keep in mind that it's not 100% safe, and it does come with risk.
    That's the thing: the blood in this case is NOT being exposed to the outside environment, nor is it being left in the syringe to fester. There is no way that you buddy got that abscess from immediately repining gear containing a drop of his own blood. There had to be another factor at play.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    That's the thing: the blood in this case is NOT being exposed to the outside environment, nor is it being left in the syringe to fester. There is no way that you buddy got that abscess from immediately repining gear containing a drop of his own blood. There had to be another factor at play.
    Exactly!

You could be right, but he has never had any problems injecting over the years, except twice. Once in the shoulder, once in the leg, both times he re injecting blood.

Bonaparte is right,

I assumed he was going to pin again straight away lol...

damn you double post!!!!

so all in all is it ok? from what i understand it is i just want a definitive answer

Yeah it happened to me the other week but i pinned again right away.

Quote Originally Posted by TopDogUK View Post
    Yeah it happened to me the other week but i pinned again right away.
    ok cool, thanks you guys

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    I would always change the needle and pick a new spot. Pins cost pennies so it is never worth trying to use the same one twice for any reason. My opinion, but I feel once a sterile needle leaves the body it is no longer sterile and any chance at infection should not be risked.

cro
    cro is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    good post ive been wondering this 2

BigDawg44 is offline Junior Member
    Im a nurse and when you (aspirate ) or draw blood into the chamber it means youve hit a minor vein or some type of blood supply,remove the needle change it and just pick a new spot.

Stephen73ta is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDawg44 View Post
    Im a nurse and when you (aspirate) or draw blood into the chamber it means youve hit a minor vein or some type of blood supply,remove the needle change it and just pick a new spot.
    ^^^He's a nurse! haha jk jk!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDawg44 View Post
    Im a nurse and when you (aspirate) or draw blood into the chamber it means youve hit a minor vein or some type of blood supply,remove the needle change it and just pick a new spot.
    Not to sound rude, but we are all aware of that, it is the entire reason why we aspirate . He was asking about re-injecting the blood once he has changed out the pin and found a new spot.

Thread Information