BigJuice777 is offline Associate Member

Gear left in the plunger after injection

Hey everyone,

Is there anyway to get and use the remaining gear left in the plunger after injection? I know it's not a ton, but after measuring, there is close to a tenth (.1) of a ml that I'm not able to use and just gets wasted. After using a 10ml bottle, I am losing almost an entire ml.

The gear stays in the nipple portion of the syringe and the housing of the needle.... not sure if there is anything that can be done.

Is this just part of the cost associated with injecting? Thanks

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Draw .1 ml of air into the syringe and keep it at he back behind the oil

Keep the syringe vertical if u can

Wen u pin the air will then push all of the oil out

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    You'll want at least .2ml of air in there.

Then just stop when the gear has been injected? Or push it all in?

Thanks guys.

S8jack3d is offline New Member
    I would just considered it wasted. Not worth the chance of injecting air into yourself. That may cause more harm than good.

from what I understand you have to mainline an air bubble for there to be serious issues. A small Intramuscular air bubble shouldn't be an issue.

So again, just stop when the gear has been injected? Or push it all in? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by S8jack3d View Post
    I would just considered it wasted. Not worth the chance of injecting air into yourself. That may cause more harm than good.
    You'd have to mainline well over 3ml to cause an air embolism. There is no risk here.

Quote Originally Posted by BigJuice777 View Post
    from what I understand you have to mainline an air bubble for there to be serious issues. A small Intramuscular air bubble shouldn't be an issue.

So again, just stop when the gear has been injected? Or push it all in? Thanks
    Just push it all in.

great! Thanks

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    unfortunatly the air method doesnt work, you will still be left with the nipple full, it pisses me off aswell mate

Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    unfortunatly the air method doesnt work, you will still be left with the nipple full, it pisses me off aswell mate
    How?
    It works fine for me. Sure, I have to use .3ml of air and there are still always like 1 or 2 drops left, but that's unavoidable. You must not be holding the syringe vertical enough, or you aren't using enough air.

0331FTW is offline Associate Member
    Wouldn't you feel it if you mainlined once you started injecting the oil in anyways? I read that the symptoms are coughing and feeling light headed if you inject straight into a vein.

robofish is offline Associate Member
    Does is not hurt or burise if you inject .2ml of air? I injected a bit of air once and it bleed like a B#### and bruised.

coonhunter is offline Member
    I would throw away 10ml of gear before I injected .2ml of air into my ass cheek every dose.

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Used this method for years without issue....
    Do not ask me for a source check.

Quote Originally Posted by coonhunter View Post
    I would throw away 10ml of gear before I injected .2ml of air into my ass cheek every dose.
    Go for it. What do the rest of us care?
    I don't know where everybody got the idea that injecting air=death. Air is only a huge concern if you're shooting it into your carotid artery.
    And no, you don't feel it and it doesn't cause any bruising.

critical is offline Junior Member
    air in a blood vessel = not good

Quote Originally Posted by critical View Post
    air in a blood vessel = not good
    Did you even read the thread, or are you just posting blindly?
    I've been assured by several medical professionals and a shitload of AAS vets that you'd need an entire IV line (5+ml) of air to cause an air embolism(This is also what is written in medical textbooks)....and that is obviously in a vein. You couldn't inject enough air IM to hurt yourself. So if you don't mind throwing away over 10% of your gear, then go for it. Otherwise, just draw in a bit of air to push out the last bit of oil. This isn't religion or politics we're arguing here...

robofish is offline Associate Member
    ima give this another try at .2ml that will just get most of it outta the nipple right?

Yes.

eGGz is offline Anabolic Member
    A little bit of air at the end, or, just don't worry about it.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Not only is adding some air at the end not harmful, it is actually good medical practice as shown in this excerpt taken from the "Encyclopedia of Nursing & Allied Health".

•Prepare the syringe by removing the needle cover, inverting the syringe, and expelling any excess air. Approximately 0.1–0.2 ml of air should be left in the syringe so that the air in the top of the syringe chamber, when the syringe and needle are pointing down, forces the entire amount of medication to be delivered. This also prevents medication residue from being left in the needle, where it can leak into the subcutaneous and dermal layers when the syringe and needle are removed from the muscle.

FFM

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    How?
    It works fine for me. Sure, I have to use .3ml of air and there are still always like 1 or 2 drops left, but that's unavoidable. You must not be holding the syringe vertical enough, or you aren't using enough air.
    ive used up to 1ml of air, as soon as the pressure lets go, the plunger will release quickly and you gather what was left in the syringe space between the pressure dropn and the plunger shooting down which always equals a nipple full for me, and yes its always vertical although i doubt if that makes much diff. c'mon man, i know how to inject at this stage!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 0331FTW View Post
    Wouldn't you feel it if you mainlined once you started injecting the oil in anyways? I read that the symptoms are coughing and feeling light headed if you inject straight into a vein.
    you'd have to be pretty stupid to inject in2 a vein, its 100% avoidable

Good stuff here guys.... funny how everyone is different. Air via IM injection shouldn't hurt so I will give it a try this afternoon for the next round. Gears expensive.... it hurts to see so much just getting thrown away with the needle.

Thanks again.

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    You would have thought that this problem would have been resolved with a simple redesign of the barrels......
    Do not ask me for a source check.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    You would have thought that this problem would have been resolved with a simple redesign of the barrels......
    I think we represent such a small portion of the market that no company has addresed the issue, with standard meds they don't worry about the loss of a tenth of a ml. Then of course ( as I posted) you also have the chain of thought that by having air in the barrel it helps clear the AAS or other med from the syringe and needle so that if the needle has passed through a vein on the way in it won't dribble AAS/Meds into the vein on the way out.

zebra is offline New Member
    IF you want to make sure you aren't in a vein, you can pull back on the plunger (It's called "aspirating") just before you inject. If you are in a vein, you will get a little plume of red back into the barrel of the syringe. You can't miss it. I'm an RN and I have given thousands of IM shots over the years, and I have only had it 'flag' twice in all that time.

Injecting air IM or SubQ doesn't hurt a thing. Air gets into IV tubing all the time. We usually try to run the bubbles out before hooking up tubing to an IV catheter, but it isn't a big deal if some gets in.

The worst theoretical scenario would be if you injected some of the oil into a vein or artery, but like I said above, the chances of hitting a vessel, especially in the sites you are using, are extremely low.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Awesome info at the right time...I do my first injection on Sunday.

covert025 is offline Associate Member
    Damn, is it really that serious. That extra .1ml of gear is not gonna make you any bigger. Let it go bro, not worth the trouble.

boz
    boz is offline R.I.P. T-Gunz Gone but, Never Forgotten.
    Quote Originally Posted by covert025 View Post
    Damn, is it really that serious. That extra .1ml of gear is not gonna make you any bigger. Let it go bro, not worth the trouble.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by covert025 View Post
    It equals an entire weeks worth of gear (500mg over the duration of the cycle) and it means I don't have to buy a 3rd bottle to complete a 10 week cycle. If there is a SIMPLE remedy (like adding .2ml of air), I am all for it. There is no harm in it.... Why wouldn't you want to keep your gear and reap the benefits?

Maybe it's just me, but it seems stupid not to.

Thread Information