robert93710 is offline New Member

Hi new here Question if I may?

Hi, My name is Robert I am in California. I have been training hard for 13 months.
    I am 49 yrs old good health. I went from an overweight 240lbs down to 188lbs. 13 months ago I started training 5 days a week I am up to 197-198. Am I too old to gain much muscle mass? I have been reading about steroids for the last couple months and I am very tempted to try? I have no illussion of ever being "Arnold" but would love to gain some size? I have my diet down pretty good I think and have no issues working hard. any thoughts?...
    Thank you for taking the time to read this.
    All the best, Robert

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    Welcome,
    What are your full stats
    Height
    Bf%
    yrs training
    Cycle exp
    Planned pct
    Goals for this cycle
    Also a sample of your diet would be helpful with macros if you can

Full stats:
    I am 49 yrs old, 6' 1" 196-198lbs. Weight training one year and a month. Couple things you mentioned I have to admit I dont know such as body fat and I don't know what a macro is sorry?. When I get up in the morning I have a protien shake then I eat 4 eggs 4 pieces of wheat toast and a small cup of oatmeal for breakfast. mid morning I have a couple hard boiled eggs or a bagel with honey. Lunch I have fish or chicken with a sweet potatoe and rice. mid afternnoon I have a apple or celery with peanut butter. Before the gym I have a protein shake. after the gym same. and then dinner which varies from chicken to fish to beef with sweet patatoes and rice. and before bed a casin protein shake.
    I have no exp with cycles at all. so I am not sure which I would use or which pct to take?
    My goals are to put on some mass......
    Thanks for asking. all the best, Robert

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Just a thought, you may qualify for trt, have you had blood works done recently??

Oh and welcome....
    Do not ask me for a source check.

cro
    cro is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    49 thats not that old bud . theres guys in the gym that ive seen make huge gains in there 50s on test . go to the doc tell him to check your blood work . see if you can get on some trt . testosterone replacement therapy. tell him you have strength loss/ low labido what ever it takes but blood wont lie. free legal test . well co-pay only.

Thanks for the replys I really appreciate it. I had blood work done in May this year my Total Testosterone was 610 ??? does that mean anything as far as TRT goes?
    All the best, Robert

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    It's more a free test score I think, but at 610 total test I would say you don't qualify for trt.
    Your diet isn't that bad you should be putting weight with that diet. Head over to the diet section and look at some sample bulking diets, post a pic of yourself and we can estimate your bf you can black out your face if it makes you more comfortable. Before you think cycle you need to have your diet in check because of your new gained mass and you will be eating to support that gain. Read the pct stickies and familiarize your self with a proper pct also read the test beginners cycle for info on a first recommended cycle. There is plenty to learn keep reading and be patient you waited 49 years a couple of months or so won't kill you.
    Good to have you aboard.

SlimJoe is offline Banned
    Try get some blood work done atb joe

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by robert93710 View Post
    Thanks for the replys I really appreciate it. I had blood work done in May this year my Total Testosterone was 610 ??? does that mean anything as far as TRT goes?
    All the best, Robert
    pretty good especially for 49! Many guys in their 20's don't have this....

GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Welcome Robert...post your status and sample diet in the diet forum cuz there are guys over there who will help you will help you achieve your goals!! Very helpful members on this site.

BTW...congrats on your progress so far!

Thank you very much for the replys I really apprecite it......really. I will do as recomended. Thanks again and all the best to all of you, Robert

pwnflow is offline Associate Member
    I would recommend reading. Read the stickies, read a book on training such as starting strength, and a book on nutrition like one by Chris Aceto or Lyle McDonald. Refer to Anabolics by William Llewellyl. Then you can made an educated and independent decision and ask us to critique on your understanding.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Robert you old fart, why would you even consider wasting your time taking test at your age!

Just kidding buddy welcome aboard, I am 55 and have a background fairly simalar to yours. I was 53 and 240 and could barely walk up a hill without getting gassed LOL. Well after walking a couple of miles a day for two years, I finally started lifting and like you was unhappy with my gains as even though my test scores were also good I was just unable to gain like I used to. Anyway I did an ill advised cycle before coming here and although I had really dirty gains (fat, water and muscle) it did motivate me to spend at least an hour a day reading this site.

I can tell you this after finishing my first cycle and spending some time in the diet section, I was able to maintain and actually increase my muscle mass due to the changes in diet, really small things like not mixing carbs with fats and placing carb meals on each side of my workout made a huge difference for me as far as fat loss without loss of lean muscle mass. Enjoy the diet section, learn how to eat clean, build you connective tissue, cns and base and learn all about a beginner test cycle and proper pct.

Another great tip for the future is manipulating the diet so as to prime the body before starting on your cycle, I am on my second cycle and this made a huge difference for me as far as gains in the first 10 days. There is just so much good information here, I really wish I had found the site and read it before I had found a source of steroids and done them but what the hell you can't turn back the clock.

Take your time and read and while reading realize that a lot of what you read may not be aimed at the first time user or someone of our age group. As you gain more knowlege you will find out how to tailor what you read to your own usage, also pay attention to what the Vets/Mods/Admin have to say, these guys are a wealth of knowlege.

Welcome aboard,
    FFM
    Last edited by Far from massive; 12-13-2010 at 08:51 PM.

Thank you very much for the replys I really apprecite it......really. I will do as recomended. Thanks again and all the best to all of you, Robert

Thread Information