aitaronz is offline New Member

AAS and hair growth

Hi there, I'm thinking about doing my first AAS cycle soon, but there are a couple of potential side effects that I'm not too keen on. One of them is hair growth. I've had laser hair removal done to my legs, chest and abs, and it's so f'ing expensive, I'd rather not stimulate any regrowth if I can help it!

- Is there any AAS that's less likely to stimulate hair growth?
    - How much hair growth could I expect on a basic cycle of test, eg 500mg?
    - If the first cycle does stimulate hair growth, is that going to be pretty much the worst of it? Or will subsequent cycles stimulate more?

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    If you use androgens (especially Test), you're going to get hairy.
    BTW, I honestly can't believe that this is your main fear with using AAS. It never even crossed my mind.

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    Shrunken balls no problem, hair falling out no problem, bitch tits no problem, acne no problem, hair growing on my back f that I'm not doing steroids :

delta1111 is offline Associate Member
    I turned into a gorilla after using AAS, no joke, my missus loves it though.

Cycnasty is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MBMETC View Post
    Shrunken balls no problem, hair falling out no problem, bitch tits no problem, acne no problem, hair growing on my back f that I'm not doing steroids :
    funny

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    the lazer treatment has advanced alot but its still not 100% permanent unless you do many sessions (5 sessions or more per area). So if u only did one or a couple then consider the hair grown from the cycle as just a reminder that its time for another lazer treatment.

dece870717 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Usually extra hair growth seems to happen over time, over multiple cycles. If you only did one test cycle and thats it, I wouldn't even worry about it. AAS that would be most likely not to cause hair growth would be AAS with low androgenic activity like anavar , T-bol, deca , EQ, and those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

stretch26 is offline New Member
    so does this mean that i finally get hair on the top of my head again? looks like im gonna up my test from 250 to 1000mg every week.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Ive got a little more hairy over the years but I'm no bigfoot or anything

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Chest and stomache get harier. Thankfully back is still hair free. I shave my head so not worried about that either way.

Quote Originally Posted by stretch26 View Post
    so does this mean that i finally get hair on the top of my head again? looks like im gonna up my test from 250 to 1000mg every week.
    Are you joking?
    Androgens cause body hair and facial hair growth (because those hair follicles respond positively to androgens).
    The hair on your head is the opposite, and androgens will cause it to fall out if you're prone to baldness.

aitaronz is offline New Member
    Thanks guys. I know it seems like a trivial issue, particularly compared to the other sides, but it seems like most of the other sides are temporary or can be controlled with the appropriate precautions.

KAEW44 - I had lots of treatments. I stopped counting after about 12. However, 5 years later and my legs are still pretty clear (especially lower legs). Chest and abs were good, but now I'm getting older, new follicles have appeared recently. Still highly recommend laser treatment to people though.

dece870717 - thanks for those suggestions. I'll do a little more research into the low-androgenic compounds now.

Most people say test is best though (both for a first cycle, and as a base for stacks). Would a dose that's low enough not to cause hair growth still be worth taking? And if so, how much is that dose?

Quote Originally Posted by aitaronz View Post

Most people say test is best though (both for a first cycle, and as a base for stacks). Would a dose that's low enough not to cause hair growth still be worth taking? And if so, how much is that dose?
    No, since even 300mg of test (which is the lowest dose that I would bother running alone) will cause noticeable hair growth. But it's only going to grow more while you're on cycle, so just shave. I doubt the effects would be permanent for you.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I have always been very low on body hair but with a thick head of hair (thanks Dad), after my first cycle I did not notice any hair growing where it was not before (back shoulders etc.) however I have noticed that my facial hair is a lot coarser, and although my hairline has not receded noticably unfortunatly I can notice thinning of hair on the top of my head.

FFM

Quote Originally Posted by Far from massive View Post
    I have always been very low on body hair but with a thick head of hair (thanks Dad), after my first cycle I did not notice any hair growing where it was not before (back shoulders etc.) however I have noticed that my facial hair is a lot coarser, and although my hairline has not receded noticably unfortunatly I can notice thinning of hair on the top of my head.

FFM
    You noticed thinning hair on top from one cycle???

Thread Information