Brewster is offline Member

OK...WTF? Weirdest injection ever

SO i did a shot in quad

immediatly after I was done I had this burning feeling going through my lips,tounge, legs and toes..

I did aspirate ...

WTF>> I never had felt something like this b4

I think the feeling is gone now

i have now broken out in a sweat...
    The burning tingly feeling only remains in my toes..
    I thought I was having an allergic reaction or something..

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Never had that but I did have a 2inch spray of dark blood from my shoulder 2 weeks back. If I hadnt done a fair few injections in the years it was enough to make a newbie pass clean out IMHO!

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Let me preface this post by saying I am not a doctor and could be wrong, however unfortunately in my past life in the 1980s I used a lot of IV drugs and have some first hand knowlege along these lines.

The burning feeling is what you normally get when you hit an artery and it winds up dead ending in the tissue, however to hit all those spots in the body you would have had to have hit an artery in your chest which is clearly not the case since you pinned your leg. The wierd thing considering you must have hit a vein is that there was no sudden onset non productive cough as they call it in med speak. Anyway it sounds like you hit a vein and for some reason it did not affect the lungs the strange part is it really does sound like some of the compound has somehow made the round trip and made it to the arteries and is ending up at your circulatory extremities causing the burning tingling.

Anyhow don't panic, what you probably have is very minute quantities of oil that have made it to the extremities, and oil is biodegradable in tissue. If you ever inject a large amount of crap into an artery you will immediatly feel like you have frostbite ( If it were in your arm you hand would feel kinda like someone put in ice for an hour then smashed it with a hammer) and severe pain and possible tissue destruction will result, but in this case its very minute quantities that have somehow been passed to the arterial system so you will be fine.

And as said I am no doctor and it could be something else (maybe a nerve) but I think my scenario above is most likely the case.

FFM

Quote Originally Posted by Far from massive View Post
    Let me preface this post by saying I am not a doctor and could be wrong, however unfortunately in my past life in the 1980s I used a lot of IV drugs and have some first hand knowlege along these lines.

The burning feeling is what you normally get when you hit an artery and it winds up dead ending in the tissue, however to hit all those spots in the body you would have had to have hit an artery in your chest which is clearly not the case since you pinned your leg. The wierd thing considering you must have hit a vein is that there was no sudden onset non productive cough as they call it in med speak. Anyway it sounds like you hit a vein and for some reason it did not affect the lungs the strange part is it really does sound like some of the compound has somehow made the round trip and made it to the arteries and is ending up at your circulatory extremities causing the burning tingling.

Anyhow don't panic, what you probably have is very minute quantities of oil that have made it to the extremities, and oil is biodegradable in tissue. If you ever inject a large amount of crap into an artery you will immediatly feel like you have frostbite ( If it were in your arm you hand would feel kinda like someone put in ice for an hour then smashed it with a hammer) and severe pain and possible tissue destruction will result, but in this case its very minute quantities that have somehow been passed to the arterial system so you will be fine.

And as said I am no doctor and it could be something else (maybe a nerve) but I think my scenario above is most likely the case.

FFM
    Wow,
    That pretty much sums up what happened.

I came on now to add that all last night my lungs were so sensitive. Never was coughing... just felt like i inhaled an entire cohiba

Did the back of your throat ever feel wierd and dry? I have on two different occasion both on my right thigh had a wierd experience where after pinning when I would massage all of a sudden I would get a wierd dry feeling (taste) in the back of my throat then the cohiba in the lungs deal LOL. I was really wierd since one time I got a phone call right after pinning so I did not massage for a minute or two after pinning but once I started massaging I guess it forced a little oil into a vein ? anyway thats when it occured.

FFM

The second I pulled the pin out, My body started tripping out. I thought I was going to pass out and wake up in the hospital.

As I was tripping, I cleaned up all the needle packages, needle etc. Hid in a drawer and sat down and waited. I did not pass out and came on here to see what was up.

I for sure hit a vein.

Sounds like a "Heavy George" as we used to say back in high school..glad you are OK must of been some scary stuff.

You might wanna have someone else pin you the next shot..I am not saying you don't know what you are doing..just thinking your hand will be shaking so bad the needle will be like a tatoo gun LOL

2big2btru is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Far from massive View Post
    Sounds like a "Heavy George" as we used to say back in high school..glad you are OK must of been some scary stuff.

You might wanna have someone else pin you the next shot..I am not saying you don't know what you are doing..just thinking your hand will be shaking so bad the needle will be like a tatoo gun LOL

I too have had a "past life" with experience in pinning. I can say that the only times I have ever had bad experiences with pinning was when I did so in the quads!! I don't know what the hell it is with my darn quads but they just don't like being pinned. I attributed it to having more veins and sensitive areas. I now use my shoulder and glutes exclusively but more so the shoulders.

A good lesson here is the importance of GOOD, CLEAN GEAR! Imagine having dirty gear and what the outcome could've been. And I realize no one knowingly uses dirty gear (at least I hope not).

Good lluck, glad you're back.

maybe i was feeling some of the impurities in my gear

Thread Information