Thread: In a Pickle...

stevo123 is offline Junior Member

In a Pickle...

Age 22

I have been on TRT androgel 1% (trying to get it switched to injections) for over a month and a half now. All of my levels have dropped even more since being on the gel so I am in limbo waiting for the doc to get me into an endo to get an MRI for possible tumor or other issues with my pituitary gland.
    Sorry for the background story but since I have been on the gel I have developed gyno in my left nipple, not like itchy or puffy even a small lump but a large lump encroaching on a small grape size and is still incredibly sore.

the problem is i cant take any anti estrogens or AI's because of being an ncaa athlete, and when I brought up the issue to the doc he almost dismissed the question when I asked is there anything that can be done chuckling saying well by stopping the gel, but didnt give any alternative options or medications to fix the issue.
    is there anything that can be done to fix this its like im SOL unless he prescribes me something, do doctors prescribe AI's? should i just stop the TRT or will the estrogen still build up. if anyone has ANY info please chime in please...
    Last edited by stevo123; 02-07-2011 at 11:58 AM.

Pac Man is offline Senior Member
    Yes they do prescibe ai. Most docs don't know shit about hrt even though they prescribe shit, you might just have to go in there with a bunch of literature and show him. Docs also don't like that because allot of them have a god complex. This should be in the hrt forum but i'll help.
    If you need it than don't stop. If you want the inj script than just tell him you don't want the gel. If you're married than you're trying to have a baby or your wife is scared to lay next to you, etc.

stevo123 is offline Junior Member
    alright well ill go to our team doc and try to get back in there, he kinda felt like he was way over his head with my situation and the results that came back and is fearing a pituitary tumor so hes trying to push me off onto someone more qualified so it may just be better to wait till I get into the endo but for the estrogen problem that shouldnt be anything that needs much explaining and not a difficult fix on his part, he did have that god complex you mentioned when i started throwing out some stats about absorption about the gel, and others opinions, he knows im married and the issues there regarding the gel, really frustrating situation but thank you for the response

Thread Information