JCB-MMA is offline New Member

does jabbing in the leg have a higher risk of infection?

iwas told by someone i know very well not to jab my leg cos the leg is alot more prone to infection?? this does not make much sense to me can anyone shed any light on the matter . are there any reasons why the leg is not a good choice is a massive muscle group ?? and easyer to do on your own than your glute

EASTCOASTKID is offline Associate Member
    I pin my quad everyday with B12 injections(22ga 1.5 inch). I switch sides and places in the quad daily. I wash my hands and area I'm pinning with surgical hand scrub just to ensure everything is clean. I have no bruising soreness etc.

booze is offline New Member
    I've been told not to pin quads because of the increased chance of finding an artery or similar. But I also no that quads are a popular place to pin. If you're not confident I would stick to glutes.

eGGz is offline Anabolic Member
    Quads (vastus lateralis/outer quad) are not "prone" to infection. If your injection technique is sterile and your gear is sterile then you should be just fine.
    Calfs on the other hand may be problematic due to the distance from the heart and the inherent muscle density.

cro
    cro is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    thats all i pin is quads.

dosXX is offline Member
    as long as you sterilized the area then it will be fine. It doesn't matter where you pin yourself infection may or will occur if you don't keep everything sterile.

SAMS_DAD is offline Junior Member
    quads is my primary spot for pinning as well, just go in slowly, if you start to feel pain, take it out and find a new spot. If you have trouble pinning quads, try delts, you hardly feel the pin going in.

Thread Information