Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    okiedude is offline New Member

dr. approved test c replacment

Howdy all! I am a 45 year old fat guy who is on test c replacement for energy and sex drive. I have noticed some fat loss, and some increase in strength while working out. Also my shoulder which was fractured does not bother me when i lift, nor does my "hammer-hand" bother me w/ arthritis. I want to start to seriously work out, my body has always responded quickly to physical activity, and wonder if i should increase my test c dose from 200mg 2 times monthly to something else....My doc lets me self administer. I am also considering HCG weight loss. What do you experts think? I am clueless and dont want to waste my Test....
    Thank you for your help

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    Welcome 45 year old fat guy , Cant help you with upping your dose but I do take HCG regularly. IMO you should wait and see how you react to the Test C as HCG may/will increase your side effects drastically.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    You might feel better doing 100mg/week rather than 200/mg every two weeks (rounding a bit). Same amount per month, but more consistent blood levels. You might also want to have blood work done to see how that dose is working for you.

I am on 200mg/week, plus HCG and it is working well for me.

I use HCG for testicular atrophy...don't put much faith in the HCG diet. Testosterone , clean diet and cardio will change your body pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    You might feel better doing 100mg/week rather than 200/mg every two weeks (rounding a bit). Same amount per month, but more consistent blood levels. You might also want to have blood work done to see how that dose is working for you.

I am on 200mg/week, plus HCG and it is working well for me.

I use HCG for testicular atrophy...don't put much faith in the HCG diet. Testosterone, clean diet and cardio will change your body pretty well.
    i agree with Johnny Vegas,take 100mg EW instead of 200 every other week you will feel better,my endo had me on bi-weekly,and i changed to every week split,cause i was on a rollercoaster ride,you will feel better,trust me i know,im 45 as well lol,be sure and keep your estrogen levels checked regulary

okiedude is offline New Member
    I'm really hoping to lose weight,I want to pump up too, but i'm not looking for big weight gains. I am hoping the Test makes my workouts more effective and helps me to re-shape my body. I can tell a big difference in my biceps allready on my limited workout. I just joined a gym, so hopefully I can make some progress. i will post some before and after pics.... I'm pretty out of shape now, but I do have really good upper-body strength.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    before you think about increasing any test, you really need to get your bf% down.... a good target would be 15%. Invest in some calipers since you will be needing them.

test administration has a feminizing effect if your bf% is too high.

focus on intensive cardio for 40 minutes at least 3x a week at 80% of your max heart rate.

focus on eating small meals 6 or 7 times a day.

determine your BMR (base metabolic rate). You can search that in the diet section. You will want to reduce your calories to below that amount, by a couple of hundred calories a day depending on how quickly you want to lose fat

only drink water. no diet soda. no milk. only water when you are drinking fluids to quench thirst.

develop a target weight you want to achieve as your first step. As you slowly make progress, you can shift your routine more towards the strength end. But in the beginning, just focus on losing the weight. And at your age, large amounts of excess fat can be a deal breaker!

Once the fat is off, then you can start thinking about your next step.... muscularity!

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    before you think about increasing any test, you really need to get your bf% down.... a good target would be 15%. Invest in some calipers since you will be needing them.

test administration has a feminizing effect if your bf% is too high.

focus on intensive cardio for 40 minutes at least 3x a week at 80% of your max heart rate.

focus on eating small meals 6 or 7 times a day.

determine your BMR (base metabolic rate). You can search that in the diet section. You will want to reduce your calories to below that amount, by a couple of hundred calories a day depending on how quickly you want to lose fat

only drink water. no diet soda. no milk. only water when you are drinking fluids to quench thirst.

develop a target weight you want to achieve as your first step. As you slowly make progress, you can shift your routine more towards the strength end. But in the beginning, just focus on losing the weight. And at your age, large amounts of excess fat can be a deal breaker!

Once the fat is off, then you can start thinking about your next step.... muscularity!
    X2 above.
    In regards to the HCG diet sure it works for some but MOST gain the weight right back. It's just the latest and greatest miracle diet. If you like to follow fad diets and they work for you great but if you want to keep life simple and have very good long lasting results just learn to eat different as said above. Learn to eat 6x a day, eat healthier foods (no magic to this) and cut out some/most of the junk. I lost almost 40 lbs in just over 3 months and have not had any problem with weight gain/fat in 3+ years.

gymfu is offline Knowledgeable Member
    HCG diet works!!!
    My wife lost 28lbs in the 6 week hcg phase. Its not eazy and requires a lot of discipline but it works better than any other diet. If your considering it you really need to get the book and read the whole thing, there is a specific protocal to follow to both loose the fat and not to gain it right back when you get off.

GL

SlimJoe is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gymfu View Post
    HCG diet works!!!
    My wife lost 28lbs in the 6 week hcg phase. Its not eazy and requires a lot of discipline but it works better than any other diet. If your considering it you really need to get the book and read the whole thing, there is a specific protocal to follow to both loose the fat and not to gain it right back when you get off.

GL

Sounds good

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gymfu View Post
    HCG diet works!!!
    My wife lost 28lbs in the 6 week hcg phase. Its not eazy and requires a lot of discipline but it works better than any other diet. If your considering it you really need to get the book and read the whole thing, there is a specific protocal to follow to both loose the fat and not to gain it right back when you get off.GL
    The question is has your wife been able to maintain the weight loss once the HCG was discontinued?

^^^^ Agreed.

Check out the diet section. Believe it or not, they can give you advice that will change your body more than increasing your Test will.

Do any research, anywhere but a site that sells the HCG diet, and you will find science doesn't support it. I think the biggest benefit comes from the extremely limited caloric intake.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    congrats on your progress so far

agree with all above your dose sounds as if its working and is a good dose....like JV mentioned, you might want to take notice of how you feel that 2nd week from your shot and you would most likely benefit from 100mg every week instead of 200 every other...
    youre losing fat already so youre on the right path...slow and steady wins the race...keep improving your diet slowly and keep lifting what your body alows...listen to it...dont get carried away with the new strength and energy...keep those gains slow as well

best of luck

sanman is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by okiedude View Post
    Howdy all! I am a 45 year old fat guy who is on test c replacement for energy and sex drive. I have noticed some fat loss, and some increase in strength while working out. Also my shoulder which was fractured does not bother me when i lift, nor does my "hammer-hand" bother me w/ arthritis. I want to start to seriously work out, my body has always responded quickly to physical activity, and wonder if i should increase my test c dose from 200mg 2 times monthly to something else....My doc lets me self administer. I am also considering HCG weight loss. What do you experts think? I am clueless and dont want to waste my Test....
    Thank you for your help
    I am no expert but from reading all the stickies & research on alot of forums losing weight is started in the kitchen.....DIET DIET DIET!!!!

Thread Information