lefty2guns is offline New Member

Why do I need a low Bf% for my first cycle?

Age 27
    Ht 5" 11
    Wt 180 pounds
    Bf 20%

Complete noob here lol. Ive been weight training for 2 years (4 days a week) and have made some good gains. I'm reading up on doing your first cycle and youre supposed to have a low bf% What is the target range and why do you have to have low bf%?

38jumper38 is offline Senior Member
    best results is when you have less then 12% BF
    Last edited by 38jumper38; 05-09-2011 at 09:10 PM.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Because if you are fat you will:
    1) have higher estrogen levels and be more prone to gyno, etc
    2) experience higher blood pressure

Also, your stats indicate that you have very little lean mass and could easily make improvements for a long time without AAS.

Linuxian is offline Junior Member
    5'11" and 144 pounds of lean mass? Dude, you need to fix your freak'n diet before you start doing aas! You're going to rip your skeletal structure apart if you start rapid strength gains like your thinking about. If you do anything, start with something that produces slow steady gains and doesn't amoritize. something mild like var would be good. Keep an eye on your natural test levels though. If they start to fall, add a little test and make sure you have a solid pct in place.

Build slow so your bones and ligaments have time to adapt to the increased stress and strain.

Quote Originally Posted by Linuxian View Post
    5'11" and 144 pounds of lean mass? Dude, you need to fix your freak'n diet before you start doing aas! You're going to rip your skeletal structure apart if you start rapid strength gains like your thinking about. If you do anything, start with something that produces slow steady gains and doesn't amoritize. something mild like var would be good. Keep an eye on your natural test levels though. If they start to fall, add a little test and make sure you have a solid pct in place.

Build slow so your bones and ligaments have time to adapt to the increased stress and strain.
    Not the best advice...
    OP, just bust your ass for a few more years before worrying about AAS.

Linuxian is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Not the best advice...
    OP, just bust your ass for a few more years before worrying about AAS.
    Despite being the author of the previous post.....I have to agree with Bonaparte. Just keep working, don't do AAS right now. I dunno why I even wrote that post..... Must be jet lag lol

psa
    psa is offline Junior Member

Also, your stats indicate that you have very little lean mass and could easily make improvements for a long time without AAS.
    x2, but more so, having a high BF % generally gives the notion that you dont have your training and diet squared away. Thats why I ultimately think noobs get told to hold off.

27300man is offline Associate Member
    I all depends on what your goals are. You will still make good gains and drop BF with higher BF. A person with lower BF might have the same gains as the person with higher, but it will be more noticeable on the skinny guy. There are no studies out there about Fat vs. skinny people and steroids . So all that stuff about more sides is not 100%.

Tlee8769 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 27300man View Post
    I all depends on what your goals are. You will still make good gains and drop BF with higher BF. A person with lower BF might have the same gains as the person with higher, but it will be more noticeable on the skinny guy. There are no studies out there about Fat vs. skinny people and steroids. So all that stuff about more sides is not 100%.
    ^^^^^^^^^ You sir are clueless and need to do more research yourself before you give any trash advice like you just did estrogen is usually higher in people with higher b/f and more estrogen means more sides. Do not listen to sheep like this the previous members gave you great advice stick to it and best of luck with your diet and lowering you b/f%.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~

Agreed ^^

When you have a high bf % it increases the conversion factor of testosterone to estrogen, this will increase the sides related to high estrogen. You can also be more likely to higher water retention sides and increased BP when you have a higher BF %. Fat cell receptors have more of an affinity to aromatising so if you have more fat cells than you have more of a chance estrogen related sides.

Blade15 is offline Senior Member
    More bf more sides bro.. just my 0.2$

Maybe 20% Bf is actaully too high because I doubt I have only 144 pounds lean mass. I carry most bf in my chest and stomach area and was going by pictures of other peoples bf%. That being said its too early to start a cycle? Thats shitty news lol

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Wise decision

warren916 is offline Associate Member
    Bro with those stats you should stay away from steroids . You will be surprised at what gains can be made with a proper diet.

You guys talk as if I'm some fat ass I think I may have rated my bf% too high. Here are my pics. What do you think my bf% is?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Why do I need a low Bf% for my first cycle?-0510112214-00.jpg   Why do I need a low Bf% for my first cycle?-0510112217-00.jpg   Why do I need a low Bf% for my first cycle?-0510112215-00.jpg  

Good news is that you aren't a huge fatass, lol...but you're still pretty small and have extra bodyfat. I still stand by the advice in my first post. You can do way better than that naturally. Wouldn't it be sad using a bunch of steroids just to look like every natural in your gym at 5'10 180lbs with 12% BF? Get there first, then start thinking about AAS.
    Last edited by Bonaparte; 05-11-2011 at 03:24 PM.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You can get in shape easily without the use of any aas and I agree with everyone else who said get your body fat down before consider to use any. Get into the diet section and learn how to eat, get into the gym and do some real working out and at least 30 minutes of cardio 3x a week and you will be down to 12% in no time. Still, being a newbie you are at least 2 years of good honest hard work before being ready to use any aas and get good results. All gains over the next 2 years can easily be made with food, diet and training alone.

Thread Information