SHADO is offline Junior Member

Bad injection experience last night

So im into around my 9th on test e, 3 weeks ago i started shooting myself in the quad, as opposed to getting my mate to do it for me in the glute.

1st and 2nd times i shot went quite smoothly, though i still need to sit there for a bit and build up courage everytime hehe

Last night i was sitting on my bed, everything ready to go, and i went to stick it in my leg, and it just hurt like hell, i tried to keep pushing but it was just too painfull, the needle would of only been in a few millimetres.

So i took it out, and wanting to get it over with right away i tried poking it in again in a different location, i knew i should of changed the needle but i didnt want to sit there building up the courage again.

So once again i stuck it in, and it hurt even more, due to the needle being blunt, so once again i took it out.

This time i decided to change the needle and try further down on the quad, closer to the knee, this time it went in ok, but all in all i just really dont want to do it anymore, i know i have to but the thought of me doing it again next week really turns me off.

Does anyone know why this happened or what i can do to ease it? Im using Terumo 23g 1" pins. Should i maybe try 25g pins?

Natureboy71 is offline Associate Member
    Some guys change the needle after drawing up the gear since you have to pierce that rubber top to get into the bottle. Are you pushing a tiny bit of the juice out so it runs down the needle before you strike? That will lubricate the needle which can help also.

IRONMAN_84 is offline Junior Member
    I agree with nature boy, it does help lubricate altough u lose a small amount of gear, but i use 2 needles for every 1 injection, i switch out after drawing.

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR

I think this picture says it all

manblue is offline Junior Member
    I let a little test run out on the needle seems to work a treat im using 23g's as well

I use pharmacy Primoteston Depot so it comes pre-loaded in the syringe, so i dont draw from vials, just stick the pin on and away i go.

For some reason it just reallyy hurt this time, and took me like 30 seconds just to get the needle all the way in cos i was so paranoid. Its gonna take a hell of a lot of courage for me to do it again next week.

Do you guys think maybe using a 25g pin would ease the pain a bit? And is there any downside to using a thinner needle?

Tlee8769 is offline Associate Member
    Man up its all part of the game bro.

MercuryEvo is offline Junior Member
    i use 1" 22G. The thinner the needle, the longer it takes to inject as the oil is so thick. People say not to jab it in, but I always do. I just find it easier. I sometimes ICE it first too. I know this constricts the skin making harder to get the needle in, but I don't feel anything and I usually wont bleed because the vessels are constricted long enough for a clot to build. Call me a PU55Y, but being my first cycle, thats what I do, lol.

Think of your thigh as a quadrant with 9 boxes. upper, middle and lower between your waist and kneecap. Then think of the front, diagonal and side. If you inject exactly in the middle box, you should be good. thats the Anterior/Lateral spot

Quote Originally Posted by Tlee8769 View Post
    Man up its all part of the game bro.
    True that, worst part of it is everytime i've pinned myself i get really light headed after pinning, last night i had so much built up tension and took me so long that i started getting light headed during the injection, not a good feeling, was so happy when it was finally over

betterat40 is offline New Member
    I use a 23g to draw & 25g to inject. You do have to inject slowly, but should be doing that anyway. It should only really hurt going through the skin. If there is pain once you've pierced the skin, then you're in a bad spot. Pull out & try again in another spot (swab with alcohol). Once the needle makes it into the muscle, it should just keep sliding right in very smooth. I don't jab though, I just apply steady pressure until it pierces the skin & then it's usually smooth sailing from there. Just position it, apply pressure & look away until it's time to aspirate . Good luck!

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    If you are getting to the point where you dread injections, you might want to move to the glute. Most of the guys that inject there say they don't feel much of anything...I know I don't. Don't think you need to be a contortionist to do it. You jab and aspirate by looking in the mirror. Easy.

awms is offline Senior Member
    Anything larger than a 25g to inject hurt for me! and takes alot of force due to scar tissue that has built up. 25g slids in smooth every time...I ran out of 25g needles and only had 23g which I use for loading...used one today and man did it suck! about 1/4 the way in the needle wouldnt move I had to use so much force to get through the scar tissue! painful shot! 25g is the way to go!

GunSlingR is offline Junior Member
    Relax you muscle your shooting. pull the skin tight, it makes the needle pop right in. push it all the way in, stay steady and take a good full minute to get it all in there if you like. I also like to heat mine up a little as the oil thins out. Also Ill usually pin quads leg day pre workout. Or glutes. Pin shoulders pre shoulder workout. I've found that it helps move the oil around so not to cause that discomfort of a pocket of oil in your muscle.
    I also think your psyching yourself up to much. Just alcohol prep and pin, dont over think it.
    Your pinning should never hurt more that that same muscle after workout

Thread Information