IRONMAN_84 is offline Junior Member

getting all the gear out of the syringe.....

every time i inject i push the plunger down all the way but there is a little bit of gear at the end of the syringe and obviously in the needle, how can u get it all in, i feel like imwasting alot

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Keep an airbubble in the syringe and angle it as remove the last of the steroid without injection of the bubble.

Very easy to do.

Bulkn is offline Productive Member
    Even with the bubble you can't get ALL of it but it definitely helps

dirtybrd is offline Associate Member
    Its only 2-3 drops

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by terraj View Post
    Keep an airbubble in the syringe and angle it as remove the last of the steroid without injection of the bubble.

Very easy to do.
    agreed. That will get all the oil out.

DGK
    DGK is offline Member
    Yes i agree with the above post i keep an air bubble at the top as well. gets all the oil out nicely.

so do you mean when you draw the gear, and draw out the extra gear in the needle into the syringe then u switch needles and normally i would push down the plunger all the way just until the gear is about to come out of the needle, instead dont clear all the air? how do u create the airbuble cause u would think i would have to be near the top in other words inside of the syringes but in between the gear and the plunger pushing it out.

Bulkn is offline Productive Member
    Hold the syringe upright. Bring the gear near to the top, bit before it starts going in the pin. Turn the syringe upside-down and a air bubble should float up to the plunger. Keep the syringe this way then push the plunger to fill up the needle. When you inject make sure you hold the syringe slightly upright so the air bubble gets left at the end.

sdmlsu1 is offline Junior Member
    I leave about 3 tenths of a cc of air (they have a medical term for injecting using this method but forgot it) in the barrel and inject air and all, been doing it for yrs. Not only will you get all the gear out but if your sitting in a vessel the upper portion of the tip (the little blue or green plastic part that screws on) will fill with blood so you know right off if your in a vessel. I've seen many nurses through the years do the same thing. Years ago I asked either a nurse or Doc about injecting the small amount of air and was told (I researched it also) you can inject up to 3mls of air IV without issue, more than that it gets risky so a few tenths is nothing IM.
    Last edited by sdmlsu1; 05-18-2011 at 08:52 AM.

thanks for the help guys, tommorow is my next injection and will def give it a try

DGK
    DGK is offline Member
    i think its called power packin right?

Thread Information