SilverTest is offline Senior Member

hyperthyroidism anyone??

hey guys,

1) anyone have hyperthyroidism ? what was the symptoms?

2) can a person have hyperthyroidism without all the symptoms for example the goiter and the buldging eyes??

3) i have a resting heart rate higher than everybody else in my family or my friends and it sounds like its pounding and sometimes i have palpitations, i do not have any heart conditions, i have a resting heart beat of 85-100, while members of my family have like 60-75 bpm, although i am the only one that exercise.

could that be a symptom of hyperthyroidism? i have some of the symptoms but not all of them.

i will be bloodwork soon to find out, but i need some insight on it if anyone here experience in it .

here is my last bloodwork, even though my cortisol was high(which lowers thyroid hormones) and i was on cycle(AAS lower thyroid function as far as i know) my tests came back as this:

thyroid panel :

Free T3 4.02 pg/ml range 2.0-4.4
    Free T4 1.41 pg/dl range 0.93-1.7

TSH 1.89 microUI/ml range 0.27-4.2

my thyroid is just on the borderline, i am going to take a new blood test since i am not on cycle now and i am recovered fully as far as testosterone goes( i did bloowork) .

total cortisol 8 AM 34.75 ug/dl range 6.2-19.4
    total testosterone 69.1 ng/ml range 2.8-8.00

thanks
    Last edited by SilverTest; 06-06-2011 at 08:35 AM.

bump

jtuner77 is offline Member
    I don't think this is hyperthyroidism. You will not fall into the range if you have it. I have had it twice and got it to go away but when I had it my T3 & T4 was like 2-3points out of the range. Why do you ask this? feeling sluggish & tired?

ya i remember i felt sluggish and tired all through puberty till now .

the reason i am asking this is because my cortisol was high, and cortisol lower thyroid hormone, but still they are borerline just below the maximum. i feel that they will be even higher now that everything is normal including my cortisol and testosterone .

Hyperthyroidism in about 80% of people cause a speedy metabolism and in about 20% of people it causes them to be overweight and sluggish. I do not have bug eyes nor any of the other tell tale signs and when I did have it I felt SUPER sluggish like no energy to work even.

How as your build throughout life? When my cortisol went back to normal It would just peak my T3 and T4 levels, so you could suffer a slight case of Hyperthyroidism.

THE-DET-OAK is offline Banned
    Record your underarm basal body temperature with a glass thermometer (not digital). The procedure for doing so is the following:

1. Get a glass thermometer, not digital (the digital ones stop reading after a minute or two and are not as accurate). Non-mercury glass thermometers are now commercially available at Walgreen’s and other pharmacies (if you have trouble locating a mercury thermometer).

2. Shake down the thermometer the night before you do the test (using your muscles to shake the thermometer will raise your temperature and throw off the test).

Place the thermometer at your bedside with a book (the book will be obvious in a moment).

3. Go to sleep without an extraneous heat source such as a bed partner (spouse, dog, etc), an electric blanket or on a waterbed (they are heated). You are allowed to wear pajamas and use as many blankets as you desire, as they do not throw off the test.

When you wake up in the morning (or if you sleep during the day, when you wake up after at least 4 hours of sleep), use as little movement as possible (all movement moves your muscles and raises your temperature) and place the thermometer in your armpit. Why the armpit? Patients with low thyroid often have allergies or get sinus infections – which raise the temperature inside the mouth. Patients rarely get armpit infections, so this site is more reliable. I have had only one patient who had a difference in temperature between armpits, but that was due to unusual anatomy (she had something called an atrial-venous malformation (AVM) in one armpit). Leave it there for at least ten minutes (hence, you have a book to read. J)

4. Women who still have periods should take their temperature over the first 3 days of their period and average the numbers. Women who have had a hysterectomy but still have at least one ovary will probably want to test over a period of 14 days and use the 3 days with the “lowest" readings. Men and postmenopausal women can test for any 3 days and average.

5. Normal axillary body temperature is between 97.4 and 98.2 degrees Fahrenheit. Temperatures below that are suggestive of low thyroid.

ya actually i am a little bit fat , just a little bit, i am very irritable, my cortisol spikes a lot if i even drink a little of caffeine even though i dont have anything wrong with my adrenals. but i am tired all the time, i dont feel strong at all, i get anxiety very easily, sometimes depression. and i just cant focus, i have a serious brain fog that is screwing up my college studies. plus its really weird that my heart beats that much while everybody else i know have a much slower hear rate, right now my heart is 95 as i am writing this , my brother's is like 65 right now and he doesn't even exercise or eat right , and he just sits all day long studying on his laptop. i exercise really good and i take care of my nutrition and i have the fastest resting heart rate its really weird, i know NO ONE at ALL that have this much resting heart rate even those who smoke et.c.....

sounds like depression to me or ADD/ADHD. The problem hyperthyroidism normally causes the adverse affect to your HR plus if your body is in good shape your hr and RHR should be lower not higher.

Where is your cholesterol level at?

i dont really know , the last time i was 6 weeks in cycle at 500 mg of test e per week it was really good, triglycerides were excellent too i cant find the paper containing the results right now but the results were very good.

by the way i dont think it is depression right now, maybe it really was depression during puberty i was really depressed all the time. But for sure not now because i am not really depressed at all.I feel very normal psychologically.
    Last edited by SilverTest; 06-06-2011 at 12:30 PM.

Thread Information