Nuzzi is offline Associate Member

accutane woes....

i went to my doc to try and get a script for accutane, i figured i might as well do it legit since my insurance will pay for it, but for some reason he was pretty against using it and recomended trying the other regular anti bacterial crap that doesnt work. i have a history of bad acne since i was probly 11 years old so ive tried everything out there, and now that im stepping into the world of aas i dont want it to get out of control again. so im curious as to why he would be so against it and if anyone else has encountered this....looks like ill be sourcing it myself afterall.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Some derms prescibe it like candy and others wont prescribe it...... especially with the latest warnings about crohns disease. I'd rather get it myself and use a low dosage then go on a stupid high dosage recomended by the doc.

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Nicky843 is offline New Member
    i taken accutane its a miracle drug but im 100% it screwed my insides so bad....not to mention the back pains when i lift now and im sure my liver wasnt to thankful ;/

dkoslo22 is offline Associate Member
    yeah theres a commercial on tv

RB3232 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuzzi View Post
    i went to my doc to try and get a script for accutane, i figured i might as well do it legit since my insurance will pay for it, but for some reason he was pretty against using it and recomended trying the other regular anti bacterial crap that doesnt work. i have a history of bad acne since i was probly 11 years old so ive tried everything out there, and now that im stepping into the world of aas i dont want it to get out of control again. so im curious as to why he would be so against it and if anyone else has encountered this....looks like ill be sourcing it myself afterall.
    I took it about 5 years ago and it was the best decision i could have done for my skin. Nothing else worked and it cleared everything right up and kept it off. Although I do get some mild acne on the back of my neck from AAS it flares up and down but its nothing dramatic and it gos away. So I would try to get the prescription or get a different doctor.

Pac Man is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky843 View Post
    i taken accutane its a miracle drug but im 100% it screwed my insides so bad....not to mention the back pains when i lift now and im sure my liver wasnt to thankful ;/
    What was your dosage and how long?

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    agree some dr wont prescribe at all. I had 1 derm i asked when i made my first appointment if he used accutane. He said yes but had to try other meds first. So i did and they didnt work. In the end he wouldnt give me accutane. He said he doesnt really prescribe it. I caused a f'n seen. That he mislead me and ripped me off in the middle of his busy waiting room. I got my records and the money i paid him in co-pays back

PK-V is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Some derms prescibe it like candy and others wont prescribe it...... especially with the latest warnings about crohns disease. I'd rather get it myself and use a low dosage then go on a stupid high dosage recomended by the doc.

~Haz~
    Same, I have access to it on the market of the black and get blood work done bi-annually, but im affraid of the sides

But im also sick of spending loads of money on zinc/vit a/c/zinc/B5/benzoyl peroxide/exfoliating body lotion ect to keep it under control

/wrists

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by PK-V View Post
    Same, I have access to it on the market of the black and get blood work done bi-annually, but im affraid of the sides

But im also sick of spending loads of money on zinc/vit a/c/zinc/B5/benzoyl peroxide/exfoliating body lotion ect to keep it under control

/wrists
    i only run 20mg e3d. and stay clear.

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I went to a derm from the age of 14 until 20 that insisted on using everything but accutane. I had bad cystic acne all over my back and chest. Finally i decided to try someone new. First day i walked in he says "you need accutane". Prescribed me at 120 mgs a day for 6 months. He told me had has prescribed thousands of patients on accutane. He is deadset on that being the acne treatment.

And let me tell you it is. It is hell while you are on it at that dosage, but since i got off i may have one or two small zits even when i ran over a gram of test. It is gone. No more painful cystic acne

I will say st ives lotion for my arms, facial lotion with spf, and dr dans cortibalm saved me while on it. The first month or two was the worst. My acne got twice as bad, my lips were cracked and bleeding to the point that i had to make sure to put vaseline on them before i attempted to open my mouth in the morning, and i developed eczema type rashes from the dry skin. I found out what helps ( the dr dnas made my lips completely normal again, i suggest anyone running accutane invest in some) and for the next few months i saw improvement.

Looking back now im glad i did it but i swear those first few months made me want to just deal with the acne

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    The side effect are too up and down with ACCUTANE. Some people handle it well,,,while the next guy may hang himself. Its a weird drug and kind of like a loose cannon.
    My guys and gals I train,,along with myself,,have been using a topical wash from platinum labz called acne annihilator. I dont boast or brag about too many products
    out there but this stuff is the real deal. It works amazingly well and is very cheap.

PK-V is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by **** View Post
    The side effect are too up and down with ACCUTANE. Some people handle it well,,,while the next guy may hang himself. Its a weird drug and kind of like a loose cannon.
    My guys and gals I train,,along with myself,,have been using a topical wash from platinum labz called acne annihilator. I dont boast or brag about too many products
    out there but this stuff is the real deal. It works amazingly well and is very cheap.

I remember crossing another board before and they worshiped this stuff, what does this stuff contain and what are the directions for use?

I must test it out!

Thread Information