gunnery is offline Junior Member

when to start eating big for your cycle?

hey brothers, getting ready to start my third cycle , sus 250 , 500/wk for 12 weeks... my problem is i gain weight really easy when i eat big for a cycle (fat early on ) i just did clen for two weeks ,down about 17 lbs ,lost only a little muscle because of my diet but ive been getting back to a higher cal diet again...(ar-r fvcking rocks btw) i want to maximize my gains this time around because of a long enough cycle to do so but dont want all that fat back!!! so when do i start to add more food to increase my cals??? also ... can i do two more weeks of clen and then start my cycle a week later? i had a little palpitation at 120 mcg but other than that it was comfortable... as long as i wasnt around poeple, haha. thanks bros G

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    stats? age?

42yrs old
    6'3"
    252lbs
    bf...? alot less now just a little mid range fat
    lifting many yrs just a hard gainer till i took the aas plunge!
    i do a lot of physical work during the day but do get in a little am cardio

Blog Entries
    do you have a base diet?

well it changes cause i get bored but ...while im feelin it ...
    1.6 egg whites,1 whole,oat meal,juice ,coffee
    2.yougurt/fruit, tuna
    3.couple burritos or whatever my big carb is for the day
    4.chicken/brn rice , brocoli (raw)
    5.pwo shake
    lift
    6.6egg whites,one whole..pwo
    7.light dinner ,salad, greens
    before bed casein shake ...this all depends on my mood really. some days better than others

Blog Entries
    in the nicest possible way, get in the diet section mate, if you want to make the most of tht cycle.

is my diet to heavy? that is only when im on my cycle otherwise im pretty clean nowdays! hey thanks bro for your input ill hit up the diet section tomorrow! G

gp170 is offline Junior Member
    so many questions but still no answer??? I dont understand some of the people on this board, I understand the reason to get someones stats and history but he didnt come here asking for help with his diet. He simply wants to know when should he bump the cals up so that he doesnt put on alot of fat eating excess amounts of cals early on in the cycle before the test kicks in......Im no vet but you dont have to know much about him to answer that question. So instead of an answer he has to go back and forth and still gets none of the information he came here for!

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by gp170;56***32
    so many questions but still no answer??? I dont understand some of the people on this board, I understand the reason to get someones stats and history but he didnt come here asking for help with his diet. He simply wants to know when should he bump the cals up so that he doesnt put on alot of fat eating excess amounts of cals early on in the cycle before the test kicks in......Im no vet but you dont have to know much about him to answer that question. So instead of an answer he has to go back and forth and still gets none of the information he came here for!
    if its so simple whats the answer?
    If he is getting fat the his diet is the problems. And how is he upping the calories? So seeing his diet we can give a better answer and figure out the cause of fat gain. But if you like we can give really vague answers and not really solve the problem since thats easier then asking another question.

putting on fat doesnt always mean his diet is the problem, if you eat more cals then you burn your gonna store fat even if you eat 100% of those cals from protein and again thats not the question. Hes not asking why hes gaining fat..... He wants to know if starting a bulking diet from week one of his cycle is necessary or is the surplus of cals only going to turn to fat rather then being synthesized into muscle since the test wont kick in immediately. I also never said the answer was simple but that he simply wants to know "simply" as in just answer the question. You dont need to know his stats the question is more aimed at testosterone and its effect on cals consumed, does the excess protein get synthesized during week one as it does in week 6, does the body burn more fat as the test becomes effective....Im not trying to be a dick but I read alot on this forum and I have recently seen alot of unnecessary comments when the questions not geared to the user.

to begin with thanks all ...this site is a great wealth of knowledge , thanks gp170 , a simple answer would be nice but i also understand the complexity of the situation... soooo i guess the difference is my first cycle i was fat and gained a lot of muscle in exchange for fat but held alot of water so when i stopped eating big and went off cycle i lost a lot of water and looked pretty good but went on second cycle and still had fat and gained more muscle now ive done a two week cycle of clen and am looking like i know what im doing so i would like to do this cycle without any adverse affects ... i understand how to eat big for cycle and just checked out the diet forum ( wich will provide hours of reading) but im just concerned about when to start the big cal. thing??? thanks bros. G

guess we posted at the same time gp170, yes thankyou for simplifying my question...i apreciate all input but you hit it on the head brother!

np! and I hope to the admins that im not trying to be a prick.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gp170;56***82
    putting on fat doesnt always mean his diet is the problem, if you eat more cals then you burn your gonna store fat even if you eat 100% of those cals from protein and again thats not the question. Hes not asking why hes gaining fat..... He wants to know if starting a bulking diet from week one of his cycle is necessary or is the surplus of cals only going to turn to fat rather then being synthesized into muscle since the test wont kick in immediately. I also never said the answer was simple but that he simply wants to know "simply" as in just answer the question. You dont need to know his stats the question is more aimed at testosterone and its effect on cals consumed, does the excess protein get synthesized during week one as it does in week 6, does the body burn more fat as the test becomes effective....Im not trying to be a dick but I read alot on this forum and I have recently seen alot of unnecessary comments when the questions not geared to the user.
    i directed him to diet section for the simple reason that im a lazy ass who can never be bothered to go into diet detail unless im getting paid for it, as i did previously, when employed in the field. there are guys in there who love to get into it. i dont see your problem with that?

ACE5HIGH is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gp170;56***82
    putting on fat doesn't always mean his diet is the problem, if you eat more cals then you burn your gonna store fat even if you eat 100% of those cals from protein and again thats not the question. Hes not asking why hes gaining fat..... He wants to know if starting a bulking diet from week one of his cycle is necessary or is the surplus of cals only going to turn to fat rather then being synthesized into muscle since the test wont kick in immediately. I also never said the answer was simple but that he simply wants to know "simply" as in just answer the question. You dont need to know his stats the question is more aimed at testosterone and its effect on cals consumed, does the excess protein get synthesized during week one as it does in week 6, does the body burn more fat as the test becomes effective....Im not trying to be a dick but I read alot on this forum and I have recently seen alot of unnecessary comments when the questions not geared to the user.
    Putting on fat means EXACTLY that his diet is the problem. His problem is that hes looking for a quick solution to a question that can only be answered by his diet. So going to the diet section and learning how to eat is the solution. You can rant about Vets/Mods not providing simple answers but the facts are the facts. Diet is the key to our success in this world, period, there is no way to short cut that. Really when he starts "eating correctly" for his cycle is not the question. He should always be eating this way, if he were then there wouldn't be any problem to begin with.

Not to mention the fact that you make bold incorrect statements after the guy posts a diet that is CLEARLY the issue here...
    Last edited by ACE5HIGH; 07-11-2011 at 09:29 AM.

Forbidden16 is offline Junior Member
    It would depend on the ester. If say you're taking test prop which usually on average users start to perceive gains around day 14+ I would start eating semi-big at least 3-4 days prior to the 2nd week mark and full bulk onwards.

This is the kind of answer you needed right?

Pac Man is offline Senior Member
    That diet doesn't look like it's all that bad as far as putting fat on goes. Could be a thyroid issue.

yes forbidden thanks, im hoping that having more muscle now and less fat ill be able to utilize the cals better too! ill spend some time in diet and clean up my diet more also...damn no more burritos ill bet , thanks bros. G

Quote Originally Posted by ACE5HIGH View Post
    Putting on fat means EXACTLY that his diet is the problem. His problem is that hes looking for a quick solution to a question that can only be answered by his diet. So going to the diet section and learning how to eat is the solution. You can rant about Vets/Mods not providing simple answers but the facts are the facts. Diet is the key to our success in this world, period, there is no way to short cut that. Really when he starts "eating correctly" for his cycle is not the question. He should always be eating this way, if he were then there wouldn't be any problem to begin with.

Not to mention the fact that you make bold incorrect statements after the guy posts a diet that is CLEARLY the issue here...
    This is am insert from IFBB pro FOUAD ABIAD's last blog which can be found here.
    http://www.flexonline.com/blogs/foua...ad-fresh-start

"It’s not too different from what I’m used to but much more carbs for sure. I don’t think it will hurt me in anyway; I will definitely grow, my only fear is that I will get a little fatter than I like but I’ll keep an eye on it.

This is a pro clearly stating that he will definitely put on fat because it is a by product of keeping the body feed, but with the new diet he might put on more fat then usual.

Again hes not asking a question that has anything to do with his diet. The question is more about the effect of test. Forbidden understands that and the question was properly answered. Can the guy clean up his diet sure 90% of ppl can but that is a whole other topic.

slimshady01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ACE5HIGH View Post

Not always the case. Some people have perfect macros and a insanely clean diet but still gain to much fat in the start of their cycle. Why? Probably because they listen to all these bumbos that say... OMG raise calories 1-2k over maintainence and you will grow like a weed, etc etc. They could post their diet in the diet section and get an A++ from everyone and still gain fat because they simply are getting to much to soon.

On top of that not everyone has a equal metabolism, some need to keep carbs very low and up fats to what some would say in the diet section is much to high.

Thread Information