Dragon666 is offline Junior Member

Arnold's Cycle of Choice... 10mg dbol ED.... what else?

I've heard talk that Arnolds gear was Primo, Test and dBol mainly. But I haven't found any place to confirm this. Do you know what gear Arnold and the old 'timers were on?

binsser is offline Senior Member
    yeah i had exactly what he took somewhere and it was mainly alot of primo,if i find it ill post it up!!

Vullfromsc is offline Associate Member
    primbolan and dianabol (no test).. from what ive seen online about Arnold, the cycles that he supposedly did would be laughed at today

dirtysouth is offline Associate Member
    600-1000mgs of primo a week along with 60mgs dbol for about 30 weeks, then Deca and dbol. I forgot where I saw this but if you dig enough on google you can find it. You cant argue with the results even though like Vullfromsc said " the cycles would be lauged at today". But hey maybe it was safer considering all the compounds put out on the black market today that shoot your lipids and hormones all over the place. I believe thats why the bodybuilders in Arnolds days all had a unique physique ex: Frank Zane, Big Lou, Franco Columbo, Sergio Olivia, Robbie Robinson, Serge Nubret. Everyone today is taking so much of the exact same compounds they all look the same to me (just my opinion). You can keep things moderate with anabolics and workout hard and diet hard and achieve what some of those guys did in the 70s and 80s. My .02

Just found this regarding his cycle... confirms the primo/dbol thing. No test though.... eshh, hard to believe:
    primabolan D-Bol
    Week 1 600mg / week 60mg / day
    Week 2 600mg / week 60mg / day
    Week 3 600mg / week 60mg / day
    Week 4 600mg / week 60mg / day
    Week 5 600mg / week 60mg / day
    Week 6 800mg / week 80mg / day
    Week 7 800mg / week 80mg / day
    Week 8 800mg / week 80mg / day
    Week 9 800mg / week 80mg / day
    Week 10 800mg / week 80mg / day
    Week 11 1000mg / week 100mg / day
    Week 12 1000mg / week 100mg / day
    Week 13 1000mg / week 100mg / day
    Week 14 1000mg / week 100mg / day
    Week 15 800mg / week 80mg / day
    Week 16 800mg / week 80mg / day
    Week 17 800mg / week 80mg / day
    Week 18 600mg / week 60mg / day
    Week 19 600mg / week 60mg / day
    Week 20 600mg / week 60mg / day
    BRIDGE D-Bol Deca
    Week 21 30mg / day 200mg / week
    Week 22 30mg / day 200mg / week
    Week 23 30mg / day 200mg / week
    Week 24 30mg / day 200mg / week
    Week 25 30mg / day 200mg / week
    Week 26 30mg / day 200mg / week
    START CYCLE (1-20) AGAIN

...no PCT, no off time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon666 View Post
    Just found this regarding his cycle... confirms the primo/dbol thing. No test though.... eshh, hard to believe:
    primabolan D-Bol
    Week 1 600mg / week 60mg / day
    Week 2 600mg / week 60mg / day
    Week 3 600mg / week 60mg / day
    Week 4 600mg / week 60mg / day
    Week 5 600mg / week 60mg / day
    Week 6 800mg / week 80mg / day
    Week 7 800mg / week 80mg / day
    Week 8 800mg / week 80mg / day
    Week 9 800mg / week 80mg / day
    Week 10 800mg / week 80mg / day
    Week 11 1000mg / week 100mg / day
    Week 12 1000mg / week 100mg / day
    Week 13 1000mg / week 100mg / day
    Week 14 1000mg / week 100mg / day
    Week 15 800mg / week 80mg / day
    Week 16 800mg / week 80mg / day
    Week 17 800mg / week 80mg / day
    Week 18 600mg / week 60mg / day
    Week 19 600mg / week 60mg / day
    Week 20 600mg / week 60mg / day
    BRIDGE D-Bol Deca
    Week 21 30mg / day 200mg / week
    Week 22 30mg / day 200mg / week
    Week 23 30mg / day 200mg / week
    Week 24 30mg / day 200mg / week
    Week 25 30mg / day 200mg / week
    Week 26 30mg / day 200mg / week
    START CYCLE (1-20) AGAIN

...no PCT, no off time.
    Thats exactly what I found. Primo is very expensive to be running it at that dosage

Quote Originally Posted by dirtysouth View Post
    600-1000mgs of primo a week along with 60mgs dbol for about 30 weeks, then Deca and dbol. I forgot where I saw this but if you dig enough on google you can find it. You cant argue with the results even though like Vullfromsc said " the cycles would be lauged at today". But hey maybe it was safer considering all the compounds put out on the black market today that shoot your lipids and hormones all over the place. I believe thats why the bodybuilders in Arnolds days all had a unique physique ex: Frank Zane, Big Lou, Franco Columbo, Sergio Olivia, Robbie Robinson, Serge Nubret. Everyone today is taking so much of the exact same compounds they all look the same to me (just my opinion). You can keep things moderate with anabolics and workout hard and diet hard and achieve what some of those guys did in the 70s and 80s. My .02
    Yup, "unique physique" is the keyword there for me. I notice the same thing, the guys total all look like the exact same MMA middle-weight fighters, can't tell their bodies apart. Looking to put some of the old timers cycles together with some modern day diet, and lifting techniques and strive for that unique physique thing again, instead of a carbon copy or scaled down miniature of the all BB pros out now.

Yup, "unique physique" is the keyword there for me. I notice the same thing, the guys total all look like the exact same MMA middle-weight fighters, can't tell their bodies apart. Looking to put some of the old timers cycles together with some modern day diet, and lifting techniques and strive for that unique physique thing again, instead of a carbon copy or scaled down miniature of the all BB pros out now.
    Your right man, you cant beat old school training. Lots of basic compound movements. I would love to see bodybuilding go back to how it use to be where everybody was unique, but oh well past is past. Genetics will also play a big factor. I'm a lean ectomorph so it takes alot of calories and good basic training to get results. Good luck to you bro

HALTEH is offline Junior Member
    100 mg a day of dbol , and being on dbol for 26 weeks straight? DID I READ THAT CORRECTLY!? WTFF LOLLL

sxxen is offline Associate Member
    How can anyone even trust what this says? Only Arnold will ever know what he took.

mani_bono is offline Associate Member
    ^^ Agree
    plus copycat-ing some one else is not a very smart thing to do! especially if that person is from 40 years ago. we all love arnold but I think most important thing is knowing your body and finding out what works for you.

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    I think i've lost some intelligence reading this crap. Compunds don't give you a "look".

The main difference today is the HGH giving the huge guts. Doing the same compunds as Arnold will NOT give you his "look". That is all genetics.

Quote Originally Posted by auslifta View Post
    I think i've lost some intelligence reading this crap. Compunds don't give you a "look".

The main difference today is the HGH giving the huge guts. Doing the same compunds as Arnold will NOT give you his "look". That is all genetics.
    Not trolling you dude... but of course compounds can give you a certain look.

Obviously, Masteron will tighten you up, whereas dbol will round you out.

But I think you're talking about overall body makeup, and genetics, which is totally different than compounds which cause different types of growth or body composition changes, thus changing your overall "look". Your playing semantics, which is fine.

False. D-bol rounds because you hold water on it. It does not change shape of muscle, insertions or bone structure. Again masteron does not change the shape of your muscle. It's all down to genetics. The "look" they had in the past was the look of the time. HGH has changed the look of todays BB's, through enlarged organs that give distended stomach's they have. Larger legs and backs are viewed as more "complete" by todays standards. If you could follow Arnolds cycle, training program and diet and I'll guarantee you will not look like him.

bodybuilder is offline Senior Member
    False. D-bol rounds because you hold water on it. It does not change shape of muscle, insertions or bone structure. Again masteron does not change the shape of your muscle. It's all down to genetics. The "look" they had in the past was the look of the time. HGH has changed the look of todays BB's, through enlarged organs that give distended stomach's they have. Larger legs and backs are viewed as more "complete" by todays standards. If you could follow Arnolds cycle, training program and diet and I'll guarantee you will not look like him.
    Agree 100%

You just, "false" - and then repeated what I said and gave your reasoning for that. So what that is it that I said exactly that was false again? I view your responses as ego driven friend, stating mundane common-knowledge facts we all know as some type of way of proving your original point, that compounds don't change the way you look. Keep in mind, it's CLEAR a compound will change the way you look -- this is the cosmetic purpose of steroids we discuss on the form and thus the myriad of before/after cycle photos you see. Certain compounds suchas dBol and Masteron will give you different looks. Now if you again want to play semantics, and change out the word "look" for genetics, thats your own game and really just your egotistical desire to be right, by down grading the context of this post by saying, "I think i just lost intelligence by reading this," which is an distasteful insult to this threads contributors. Whatever you say now will again just be in defense of your ego and your self-proclaimed elitist mentality and from my perspective, childish. I'm not Dr Phil, but damn... I could be.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    who the hell cares what arnold took 40 years ago.

This is a lounge thread.

I don't think you'll find I agreed with you anywhere. You're talking about body builders on stage right? Well I don't know any pro bodybuilders that go on stage bloated from D-bol. Running compounds the same as bb's from the 70's will not give you the same type of porportions, shape or "unique physique" (as you put it) stop trying to back peddal from you're statements now you look like a fool for asking about Arnolds cycle so you can mimic his "unique physique" . The whole reason to ask what cycle those guys were on was to emulate their "unique physique". You even said you want to copy their cycle to look like them in post #7. Sorry to call you out Dr Phil. Its a bit of a running joke in this place when noobs ask about celebrity cycles to look like them.

Here you go if you forgot.............

Well man, we could keep this going. But it's gone sour. I will agree with you, taking those compounds won't make you look like Arnold. Obviously, his total look was a combination of compounds, training, diet and genetics. However, I will disagree with you that compounds won't give you a certain look -- you made this clear when you pointed out the HGH-belly we commonly see in pro BBs. Anyways, I don't want to flame about this. To clarify my intention with this whole thread, I was hoping to get some insight into vintage cycles because I prefer the "look of the times" those guys had over now.

stpete is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    who the hell cares what arnold took 40 years ago.

This is a lounge thread.
    Best post yet.

Thread Information