doug1108 is offline New Member

Exclamation cycle whilst taking anti depressants...

hey guys i was looking to start my 2nd cycle soon but i have been prescribed anti depressants by my doctor about 8 weeks ago and i am just wondering what the effects are if they are negative or if any of yous have still cycled whilst taking your anti depressant drugs...

stats

age 25
    height 5,11"
    weight 205 (give or take a few lbs)
    training for 5-6 years
    diet is very clean as my partner is a nutritionist
    anything else yous wanna know just ask..

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    i read somewhere that dr scally stated there is no problem with taking anti d's whilst cycling. it may of course depend on the type of anti d

i am taking 40mg of Citalopram daily which is quite a high dose (i think) just dont want to start cycle if there is gonna be any negative effects bcos of them... thanks for any input dec

pstacks is offline Associate Member
    Everybody is different bro but I cycled test and dbol while taking lexapro (escitalopram, name brand citalopram with less sides) and felt great throughout the whole cycle. Of course this doesn't mean that there it will be the exact same for you, but I had no issues whatsoever. Good luck man.

And 40 mgs is a higher dose, I was only taking 10mgs of lexapro which is equal to about 20mgs of citalopram. So I'm not sure how much of a difference that will make.

SilverTest is offline Senior Member
    DO NOT DO IT .

fvcking up your CNS more with cycles while already screwed up will get you into REALLY BIG problems.

dont play this game and assume that "naaa...everything will be fine", you have a medical condition which is very much affected by steroids if you use them and can

have devastating consequences on your mood, and neurotransmitter levels which are already being affected by the anti d

not worth it.

ok.. thanks pstacks! i may do short ester test then so i can be on and off and recover quicker and see how it goes.. maybe just do 7-8 weeks what do you think about that? i know a few people who say cycling makes them feel depressed but i felt my mood get a LOT better during my 1st cycle so hopefully the same happens again...

I read one study where admission of steroids to rats lowered their serotonin levels. Although I am not sure what steroids were given. Like I said, my cycle gave me a feeling of better overall wellbeing, decreased anxiety, and better moods.

Best thing would be to ask your doctor.

I have a theory that my low test levels (pre cycle, I will be getting them checked again very soon) may be part of the problem. Low test can cause many symptoms of depression, such as bad moods and Lethargy, as well as many others. I think it is possible that the low test may be a big factor in my case. It could also be the case with you, if test made you feel that much better.

Just a thought, I'm no doctor. Unfortunately I may be looking at hrt at the age of 24, but my levels are way too low for my age. But maybe getting bw done could be a good idea if you haven't recently, especially since you ran a cycle before you got on the SSRI.

Good luck bro, and if you really wanna be safe talk to your doc.

Blog Entries
    google 'dr scally steroids and anti d's', im sure it will pull up the article

Quote Originally Posted by pstacks View Post
    Everybody is different bro but I cycled test and dbol while taking lexapro (escitalopram, name brand citalopram with less sides) and felt great throughout the whole cycle. Of course this doesn't mean that there it will be the exact same for you, but I had no issues whatsoever. Good luck man.

And 40 mgs is a higher dose, I was only taking 10mgs of lexapro which is equal to about 20mgs of citalopram. So I'm not sure how much of a difference that will make.
    the same here,ive been on anitdepresants for 17 years,and now for the last 8 years ive been taking Lexapro 40mg/day,Wellbutrin 400mg/day and Valium 40mg/day and ive never had any problems while on cycle,actually made me feel better to an extent

Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    google 'dr scally steroids and anti d's', im sure it will pull up the article
    I haven't been able to find it...let me know if you come across it again though. I'd love to read it.

PK-V is offline Productive Member
    I haven't been able to find it...let me know if you come across it again though. I'd love to read it.
    http://forum.mesomorphosis.com/mens-...tml#post672484

Blog Entries
    yep thts it, i didnt want to post the link incase it was against forum rules

run_n_fool is offline Associate Member
    I'm surprised no onehas mentioned that you are going to rely suffer during pct. That'd be my concern, not during cycle. I'd try to keep the cycleshort as possible so you recovers soon as possible

Quote Originally Posted by run_n_fool View Post
    I'm surprised no onehas mentioned that you are going to rely suffer during pct. That'd be my concern, not during cycle. I'd try to keep the cycleshort as possible so you recovers soon as possible
    Yeah pct was rough, but it was my first real cycle so I didn't have another experience to compare it to. You think it is a lot worse than for someone not on meds?

Blog Entries
    Yeah pct was rough, but it was my first real cycle so I didn't have another experience to compare it to. You think it is a lot worse than for someone not on meds?
    everyone is different mate, hell i know one guy who doesnt even pct and only trains for afew months at a time, still walks around at 220lbs and sub 10% bf.

everyone is different mate, hell i know one guy who doesnt even pct and only trains for afew months at a time, still walks around at 220lbs and sub 10% bf.
    Lucky guy huh. I'd definitely lose all my gains and feel like total sh*t with no pct or lifting. Thanks for the article, it's a good read.

Blog Entries
    Lucky guy huh. I'd definitely lose all my gains and feel like total sh*t with no pct or lifting. Thanks for the article, it's a good read.
    yeah hes one of those lucky feckin genetic freaks, touches a weight and muscles start popping up everywhere!

i'd love to know exactly how some guys arent affected by shutdown, i mean this guy can do deca only etc and not suffer any ill effects at all

yeah hes one of those lucky feckin genetic freaks, touches a weight and muscles start popping up everywhere!

i'd love to know exactly how some guys arent affected by shutdown, i mean this guy can do deca only etc and not suffer any ill effects at all
    Yeah I wonder that myself. It's wild how much genetics play a role in bodybuilding and AAS. I looked a little and didn't find any have real answers...I would guess that swifto has a theory. I'll let you know if I come across anything worthwhile.

To the OP (if you're even still on here lol), I'd say your plan of a short test cycle would be your best bet other than talking to your doc. Id honestly look into getting some bw too to check base levels. Either way, make sure if you introduce other compounds do it slowly and one at a time. This way you can really gauge your reaction to each particular drug.

Good luck brother, and give the thread linked above a read while you're at it.

Thread Information