aussie_bodybuilda is offline Associate Member

question bout carb cycles.

what is the difference in doing carb cycles, compared to just making a diet with lower carbs for each day? i mean if ur trying to loose body fat faster wouldnt it be better to just do a diet that has low carbs / no carbs in the diet then cycling the carbs ?

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    For me carb cycling came after a reduced carb diet in prep for a lean bulk cycle where I am tapering carbs up in line with body weight and bf %

The Titan99 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I carb cycle and find it works very well. I'm not sure about the exact chemistry behind it but it has something to do with insulin and avoiding homeostasis that occurs in your body when doing anything constantly. One thing I find personally is that an extremely low carb/no carb diet kills my energy and also leaves my muscles looking deflated.

Ronnie Rowlands Slingshot Training not only incorporates carb cycling, but also cycling of high and low volume workouts as well as steroid cycling. Breaking homeostasis is the key to it all I think.

For instance, I have 212 lbs. of lean muscle mass and while cutting during high volume workout days I eat 3716 calories with the macros at 415, 266, 118 protein, carbs, fats respectively. On Mondays I reverse the protein and carbs BUT STILL EAT ALL CLEAN CARBS. On Thursdays I eat some junk carbs (pancakes, pasta etc.) This has something to do with glycemic something and insulin spiking ass well as giving your organs a break from the high protein.

Anyway, I hope that helps. I do it and I can tell you it definitely works for me.

interesting... so ur trying to say that carb cycling works better then sticking to a normal diet? so in a way ur body doesnt adapt or something like that?

Blog Entries
    Yea, much better for me. More fat loss with no muscle loss, especially at lower BF%'s. Also, huge energy boost twice a week that lasts a couple of days each. Pretty cool.

true mite have to try it out then. how do u do ur carb cycle tho? ive seen / read lots of different ways with different amounts... like u have a high day / moderate day / low day / and then a no-carb day even. how would u do it ?

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    I trained a five day split Monday to Friday, high carb days were Tuesday and friday, low or no carb days were non training days ie sat and sun, moderate for the rest, I worked from my maintenance and reduced 40% off for moderate and then added 15% on to high carb days, worked well for me.

Blog Entries
    I just rotate carbs and protein (4 cal per gram, so it's the same) on Mon. and Thurs. leaving fat the same on a normal 500 cal cutting diet. Never got any more complicated than that. I also try to keep complex carbs down after 5:00 pm.

Thread Information