Thread: 1st MMA Cycle

burningman is offline New Member

1st MMA Cycle

Hey all. I've lifted weights since I was 14 and never considered steriods . Im 34 years old currently, 5'5", 140lbs, 15%bf. I've stopped lifting heavy for about a year now and started doing MMA. I'm preparing for my first mma bout sometime in 2012.

Im going to start my first cycle soon and need help regarding dosage, cycle length, pct, etc. I've noticed that I've slowed down compared to just a few years ago, endurance and recovery also deteriorated. So Im really looking forward to my 1st cycle.

My goals are:
    1) Gain endurance and speed up recovery from MMA training
    2) Strength gain
    3) Build and keep a little muscle
    4) Get lean and look good

Im considering using Anavar and stacking it with either Equipoise &Test or Halotestin or a combination of the 3. I also have access to Primobolan and Winstrol .

I found some good info here:
    http://www.**************/free_onlin...d_martial_arts

I'm going for an 8 week cycle, using primarily anavar and a mix of EQ and Halo. Can any veterans here suggest a regiment, dosage and PCT?

I'd appreciate any helpful feedback. Thanks!

burningman is offline New Member
    bump

joeblogs is offline New Member
    BUMP. Anybody?

tallguy21 is offline New Member
    I'm a newb as well, but you should check out the stickies at the top...

from what i've ready alot of guys on first cycle start off test e for 8-12 wks...w/dbol to kickstart it being that test e won't show anything for prob 3-4 wks...then pct w/clomid or something close to that. I've had some guys even tell me to just use test e only and pct off of that being it's my first time around. Hope this helps a lil bit but def check out the stickies, helps alot

tallguy21 is offline New Member
    Also meant to say I do mma and bjj as well and one guy was against dbol due to water retention and joint pain here n there....so that one might be out the window, but i'm sure somebody will chime in here.....are you fighting pro or just doing amateur bouts? Pro you'll get tested guaranteed so you'll have to get those benefits wayyyy ahead of time to pull that off...amateur they don't bother...also, gear will most likely give u size making it harder to get down in weight...if u r naturally 155 and get on the gear u could possibly get up to 170ish....r u trying to fight at 155? higher/lower? ext....i'm sure u already know but if u r naturally 155, a lot of people will try to get you to drop weight and fight that way so you have a length advantage and if you have experience w/weight cutting you could possibly hold or gain some of that strength back w/in a day w/heavy eating and water...

anyways, hope this helps.....if not...I tried lol

Devil_Doc is offline Associate Member
    with mma weight is a big concern, with test-E and C there are alot of water retention, so if ur gonna be making weight soon id look away... next, i think that as a fist cycle one test (prop, 200mg EoD or 100mg ED IMO) with some var to lean u out as well as boost strength will suffice, you dont wanna dull your receptors, less is more except when talking about Test. if you go too hard right now then youll do less later and if you get any sides you wont know what theyre from, and u need ancillary, not jus "stop taking it" so lets get a bit harsher with the research =D
    Best of Luck

FCVtec is offline Associate Member
    I like the test and anavar idea. Sounds like it could meet some of your goals.... U def need some more research thou. Read all the stickies and also the ones on pct section.

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    SInce when was aas tailored to a specific sport. We know your a newbie when you ask for a "MMA stack". this shit has to end. What are your stats and goals?

LOL, everyone starts somewhere WMA

Str8Jakked is offline Associate Member
    A friend of mine who is a fighter sent me this interview with an alleged MMA Trainer some time ago asking my opinion on it and I still had it in my email, I figured it may give you some insight/help.

Question: So give us an idea of what kind of steroids a top MMA fighter is on, What's the ideal cycle...

Answer: Like training and diet, there's no best plan for everyone. Usually you want to keep it simple. The first guideline I follow is to go for about 600mg total dose the first week. Beyond 600mg/week, it seems like strength gains aren't much greater but weight gain is. Since we're usually looking for relative strength, I like the 600mg/week guide. In my experience many fighters need even less.

Usually each subsequent week will run from 300-500mg. Popular items are Testosterone , Equipoise (boldenone ), Anavar (oxandrolone) and Halotestin (fluoxymesterone). Trenbolone and Winny (stanozolol ) make it in too but it depends on the fighter's response to the possible high blood pressure of trenbolone and joint pain of Winny.

Deca (nandrolone ) is used sometimes too for its joint relief properties. A simple plan is to split the total weekly dose between Eq and Testosterone. Eq does seem to boost RBC's and therefore endurance. A good cycle length is six to eight weeks pre-fight. If the athlete wants to experiment a little, I like to see a blend of 50mg Masteron (drostanolone propionate )/50mg Eq Propionate/50mg Test Propionate shot four times the first week and three times each following week. Anavar could be added at 15-30mg/day and in the last two weeks before the fight, maybe some Halotestin at 10-20mg/day.

I like this because I think the Eq and Testosterone have benefits for a fighter but I don't like to get the dose too high because appetite can soar. Balancing them out with Anavar and Masteron seems to yield nice strength gains with minimal weight gain.

Pre-fight, you need good feedback from your athlete as well as his strength and conditioning coach and technical coach. Is he gaining too much weight for his class? Does he feel tired? My golden rule is do no harm. In no way do you want to mess up the athlete's fight conditioning or his ability to make weight. You want a strong, fast, conditioned athlete who makes weight. Anything that'll hurt that is out. This includes any untested last minute changes to his steroid plan or his training and diet plan.

Now, if I had time with this athlete way out from a fight, we might want to gain some weight and learn some new strength levels, but here I'm looking to help him recover and help with his endurance, along with maintaining or maybe increasing strength and speed. In addition, this is what a lot of fighters have told me they like.

I normally don't experiment with oxymetholone and methandrostenolone 'cause they seem to do okay without them. I've considered adding D-bol at a low (15-25mg/day) dose for some guys. Problem is, they don't like to stray from what they know works. And can you blame them? It's not like they strike out in their sport; they get knocked out, arm locked or choked out! So they want to use what's worked in the past.

Winny is loved by some, hated by others. Again, it's personal preference. I don't recommend it to most athletes but I do trust experienced users who like it and leave it to them. The main thing to remember here is we go to a max of 600mg/week total (perhaps higher on the first week but I haven't had a fighter go over 625mg yet. Some other types of athletes I've gone to 750mg the first week). Methenolone isn't preferred because there are just better steroids that give more bang for the buck.

Question: Give us an idea of some other successful plans you've seen used.

Answer: Some other plans I've seen guys use are:

Equipoise only at 400mg on week one, followed by 300-350mg each additional week until the fight. One fighter likes this exclusively. This has done well for him and the increased RBC's do seem to have a positive affect on his conditioning.

Testosterone butyrate with anastrazole at 600mg on week one followed by 400mg each additional week. Another guy prefers this and seems to do well with it.

Test at 400mg with 150mg of tren on week one followed by 350mg/week of Test with 100mg/week tren for the subsequent weeks. I like masteron over trenbolone. A while back tren got a great rep for keeping you lean and adding strength, which it does. But there's something about this steroid in high doses that seems to affect endurance. I called bullshit on this too until a friend and I tried it and noticed we were gassing out. Tren can be used but I use it sparingly as it does raise blood pressure and that can affect endurance.

Test at 250mg/week and winny at 150mg/week.

Test at 300mg/week, deca at 100mg/week. I favor Eq over deca but I've seen guys ask for deca for its joint pain relief. I try not to go over 200mg/week and you need to figure this in for your total so you have to subtract from the other androgens in the stack. Again, I've seen this but don't recommend it. I'd much rather see Test with Eq.

Question: What kind of ancillaries do your fighters use?

Answer: In truth, most fighters ignore this stuff. To be honest, many athletes in general don't use ancillaries. Despite people trying to convince them, many just don't want to pay for them or feel it's too complicated. Fortunately, I haven't seen gynecomastia at the low doses used and this is why I like a certain underground Testosterone with Arimidex mixed in. Most of these guys also don't complain about HPTA recovery. After a fight, they usually take a much-needed active recovery period and don't use steroids again until another fight comes along.

Personally, I'm a fan of HCG only while on. I also like the low dose of 250IU two times per week and more only if necessary. I hate Clomid (clomiphene) for fighters. Again, if you have time to experiment or the athlete likes it, great. But it can make tough guys into, well, emotional tough guys. I like Arimidex while on (not for post-cycle therapy though) and Nolvadex (tamoxifen ) while on and for post-cycle therapy.

I like that article, just dont forget that Tren Makes you short on breath (Tren A makes me feel like im breathing through a straw) and that sucks when ur in the cage, u dont wanna gas. Also there is a chance of cardiac hypertrophy (enlarged heart) with winny, so be careful with that too.

Thread Information