mustang331 is offline Member

HELP ME: Shaking legs out of control on legs day...

I didn't know where to post this, its not really relative to any particular group, so I thought I would post it here.

I am on a cycle if that matters, 500 test e a week, on my 10th week.

I've had this problem for a while, where you do super heavy sets on legs your legs start to shake..

No biggie normally but as Im now going heavier its gotten worse.. And today it actually hindered me to continue..

Trying to do leg press, on my last set going to failure, by rep 3 my legs were shaking so bad and violently I was afraid my knee would pop or get damaged..

Then I had to finish legs using extensions and leg curls, leg curls were ok, but extensions again, violently out of control..

Finally, finished with Calves, I couldn't do heavy at all, had to stay super light because again, legs were out of control with shaking..

WTF is going on?

I ate enough carbs, I eat very good.. WTF

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    mate if my legs dont shake ive had a shit leg day..................
    i strive to walk out of the gym like a cripple, if i dont get other members looking at me thinking what the fvcks up with that guy im not happy..................

Remember.............for us to help you you need to help us....................stats and exp.........

Source checks and Ugl's to be kept to PM's
    dont ask for source checks unless you have 100 posts/and 45 days minimum as a participating member.........

Booz.. a long-standing member of the AR Police:

sorry but absolutely no sources will be checked at this present time....

Pac Man is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you're doing it right. It's nothing to worry about, I would explain the whole process but it gets down on a cellular level. Basically deep down on a microscopic level your muscles are just catching and releasing really fast, once they slow down the shaking and weakness will subside. It's a good thing

Yea... Pacman and Booz, I've read some info online (general searching) and most people are saying its when the muscle gets tired.. Generally speaking..

While I agree its cool sometimes, its starting to happen almost right away..
    My sets look like this..

Leg Extensions
    Squats
    Leg Press
    Seated Ham curls
    Calf presses (on squat machine)
    standing calf

By the time Im finished with Squats, my last set my legs are shaking so damn hard, by the time I get to the seated stuff (presses, curls) my legs are violently going out of control.. I couldn't even get a good work out with my calves because of it.. Both machines gave me trouble.. I had to lower the weight so much.. It was bad enough one of the trainers gave me the thumbs up as if I was killing it, lol..

Anyone know if there is something that can be done? more carbs? Maybe a sugar rush before I do legs?

I always drink coffee (black straight) before I go to the gym , its my little kicker

Pac Man is offline Senior Member
    Start with squats, compounds first, than isolation. You could increase your rest time. While doing heavy compounds my rest time is fairly long, isolation my rest time is allot shorter. Carbs may help, I've actually always wondered if calcium might help increase strength and recovery during workouts. It would make sense since it's what activates the ATP.
    One thing I always do before a heavy lift is try to stimulate release throughout the body. For bench I'll grip the bar hard a couple of times than give it a slight pull. I can't squat due to a broken back but when I did I would flex my feet, calves, quads, glutes for just a seconds then go.
    I'm sorry I trailed off here, I don't think this has anything to do with the shaking. I'm kind of a.d.d'ing out again.

I say give it a shot, the simple carbs may help recovery between workouts. Keep us posted how it works

I hear ya pac...

This might help out my problem...

I'm currently doing a HIIT type of program..

Its Doyran Yates workout (Blood and Guts its called, look it up)

Basically Im to rest only 1 minute between sets and 1 minute between Exercise's..

And Im also going heavy to failure...

Thread Information