Thread: Decision Time

J. Cole is offline Associate Member

Decision Time

Hey guys,

So I have been doing some thinking...

I am currently on week 6 of my test cyp only cycle (400mg/week), and I am only up 5ish pounds, have no bloat, and no testicular atrophy. Is this considered normal for a first cycle and maybe the cyp just hasn't kicked in yet? I think not, and have started to think that maybe my gear is severely underdosed or just straight up oil. What do you guys think?

I have since bought more test from a different source (much more reputable) and am wondering if I should switch to that test cyp or would it be a waste since I only have 3 weeks left or just carry it through to the 10th week and see what happens?

Thanks for the help guys
    -J

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    From what ive gathered, test cyp takes a while to kick in. Test e is like 4 weeks i bet cyp is longer than that.

i do prop so i feel it in the first week

brad1986 is offline Senior Member
    I never notice my testes atrophy on test only cycles...the only time they atrophied was when i sis a test /dbol cycle. Id say if your up 5 lbs in a month that its prob legit (maybe underdosed)

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    First thing id do is get blood tested, this will answer your questions with 100% certainty however test c shouldnt take that long to kick in. By week 4 you should wanting to have sex with just about anything......
    Do not ask me for a source check.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    First thing id do is get blood tested, this will answer your questions with 100% certainty however test c shouldnt take that long to kick in. By week 4 you should wanting to have sex with just about anything......
    That's how I feel about it.. I understand cyp should take a few weeks to kick in, but not 6+ weeks and my sex drive, strength, and everything else has not changed...

Maybe I will go get some blood taken. If my test levels have not changed or are only slightly elevated I can conclude that the gear is fake correct? And if that is the case do I have to run PCT?

Thanks
    -J

Srobis15 is offline Associate Member
    My buddys first cycle was test only and it took him almost 5 weeks to show signs of anything. I think he was taking a little too low of a dosage, but he eventually just puffed up and starting packing on pounds like crazy. And like Brad, I never tend to get testicular problems on Test. On the other hand, my buddy loses his in like 3 weeks into a cycle. Ha

So what do you guys say the best route is?

It's probably not worth getting blood work for the 3 weeks i have left in the cycle. If i do not have gains after 10 weeks then I think its safe to say the gear is bunk. I will ride it out for my remaining weeks and see what happens. Either way, do I still run PCT if I think the gear is bunk? Is it better to be safe than sorry and just run PCT at the end of it anyway? Could it hurt?

Thanks guys
    -J

poppz is offline Senior Member
    Probably only a 1/3rd is real. I wouldn't waste the pct. Save for your next cycle. Seems u didn't get any sides.

fosh is offline New Member
    I done the same cycle as you the gear was good strength went up but I gained about 3 pound by week 6 my sex drive went through the roof but was disapointed wit gains so I jacked it in and wrote up a bulking diet iv been on it for two weeks and in the 1st week I gained 6 pounds! Check your diet that maybe the missing link

Dr Pepper is offline Anabolic Member
    Brother the smartest and only thing to do right now is get BW done asap. No point in continuing ur cycle if it's fake. The blood work will answer if u need pct or not. BW is a must right away

Quote Originally Posted by fosh View Post
    I done the same cycle as you the gear was good strength went up but I gained about 3 pound by week 6 my sex drive went through the roof but was disapointed wit gains so I jacked it in and wrote up a bulking diet iv been on it for two weeks and in the 1st week I gained 6 pounds! Check your diet that maybe the missing link
    Diet is pretty good for a bulking phase in my opinion, I dont have the macros on hand but I am eating 6-7 times a day and very clean.

Meal 1: 5 egg whites and 1/2 cup of oatmeal
    Meal 2: Banana, PB, 40g of whey protein in a shakeshake
    Meal 3: Some sort of chicken wrap with some veggies and salad
    Meal 4: Grilled Chicken, Brown Rice, Broccoli
    Meal 5: Grilled Chicken, Brown Rice, Broccoli
    Meal 6: Grilled Chicken, Brown Rice, Broccoli
    Meal 7: Either 6 egg white omelet OR casein shake it depends how I feel at night

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Pepper View Post
    Brother the smartest and only thing to do right now is get BW done asap. No point in continuing ur cycle if it's fake. The blood work will answer if u need pct or not. BW is a must right away
    I completely agree with you that it would be the smartest thing to do right now, but I do not have the time or funds for a hormone panel right now.

There are three options I have:
    1: Stop the cycle and do PCT just to be on the safe side
    2: Finish my last 4 weeks with the current gear bc it is just probably severely underdosed and do normal PCT at the end of it
    3: Finish my last 4 weeks with some different gear that I got from a more reputable source and do PCT at the end

Let me know what you guys think
    -J

Srobis15 is offline Associate Member
    If you arent strapped for cash or a source to get your stuff from, I would PCT to be on the safe side. The gear might be bunk, but maybe not fully so you might still get some sides if you got off and didnt PCT. I would prob just get some bloodwork done and see if your test is elevated.

PK-V is offline Productive Member
    cyp works from the first pin

you should notice an increase in endurance and strength in the gym

you will see visible results in 4-8 weeks

good luck

Devil_Doc is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    test c shouldnt take that long to kick in. By week 4 you should wanting to have sex with just about anything......
    I gotta say that I love this and agreed 110% hahaha, with me its at week 3

Lemonada8,
    test E and C are essentially the same length ester, it took me til about week 3 to notice night and day, but everyone is different
    Last edited by Devil_Doc; 07-19-2011 at 02:57 PM. Reason: quote

Quote Originally Posted by J. Cole View Post
    Diet is pretty good for a bulking phase in my opinion, I dont have the macros on hand but I am eating 6-7 times a day and very clean.

Meal 1: 5 egg whites and 1/2 cup of oatmeal
    Meal 2: Banana, PB, 40g of whey protein in a shakeshake
    Meal 3: Some sort of chicken wrap with some veggies and salad
    Meal 4: Grilled Chicken, Brown Rice, Broccoli
    Meal 5: Grilled Chicken, Brown Rice, Broccoli
    Meal 6: Grilled Chicken, Brown Rice, Broccoli
    Meal 7: Either 6 egg white omelet OR casein shake it depends how I feel at night
    clean, but look at macronutrient breakdown...what are your portions looking like?
    and 4 pound gain off 4 weeks of cyp? my first time running Cyp i ran with sust and did 30 pounds off 8 week cycle, retained about 20

Quote Originally Posted by Devil_Doc View Post
    clean, but look at macronutrient breakdown...what are your portions looking like?
    and 4 pound gain off 4 weeks of cyp? my first time running Cyp i ran with sust and did 30 pounds off 8 week cycle, retained about 20
    Im only about 5 pounds up in 6 weeks and yeah the way I am eating, I AT LEAST expected a 12-15 pound gain of muscle without bloat or anything.

My Portions of chicken are definitely on the large side idk actual weights and macros, but I eat at least 4or5 decently sized pieces of grilled chicken at eat chicken meal

So back to my question... what route is best do you think forgetting about blood work despite knowing that is the best option and will tell me everything

There are three options I have:
    1: Stop the cycle and do PCT just to be on the safe side
    2: Finish my last 4 weeks with the current gear bc it is just probably severely underdosed and do normal PCT at the end of it
    3: Finish my last 4 weeks with some different gear that I got from a more reputable source and do PCT at the end

Let me know what you guys think
    -J

Thread Information