Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    SoCalSurfinPal is offline New Member

So Why doesn't everyone just take HGH????

I'm pretty new to this stuff, and from what i'm hearing, and reading, why doesn't everyone just take HGH? Seems like the best substance out there, and sounds like you can use it year round? Is it just cost, or am I missing something?

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    HGH isnt magic like the media makes it sound

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Because I like my facial bone structure the way it is LOL.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Cost. Also, it is tough to find good HGH, since it is so easily faked.
    Last edited by Bonaparte; 08-14-2011 at 12:17 AM.

PurpleOnes is offline Associate Member
    Well first of all it would be stupid to just run HGH on your first cycle, you need to have some cycle history before even thinking about HGH.

Also it is expensive , like before said.

PK-V is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleOnes View Post
    Well first of all it would be stupid to just run HGH on your first cycle, you need to have some cycle history before even thinking about HGH.

Also it is expensive , like before said.
    Why?

PurpleOnes is offline Associate Member
    I just meant that you need to know how to cycle in general.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    everyone is on HGH its just a secret

Dont wanna be old is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Difficult to get and costly .
    Also age dependent on dose . I think anti-aging is best use as extended gut can result from abuse at younger age . Maybe just myth ?

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    ^^^IMO its just myth as i know lots of ppl who have used hgh including myself before 25yrs old and dont have the gh gut... I would love to run gh yr round but its not cheap...

Quote Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
    ^^^IMO its just myth as i know lots of ppl who have used hgh including myself before 25yrs old and dont have the gh gut... I would love to run gh yr round but its not cheap...

What causes the 'GH GUT?'
    too much insulin over a short period of time. its not intestinal enlargement pushing out the stomach walls. While there are a host of IGF-1 receptors in the intestines, the localized growth that occurs isnt enough to permanentally stretch the abdominal muscle walls, that is absurd. Excessive insulin usage over a short period of time (usually to put on 20-30lbs 6 months or a year) leads to visceral fat buildup. In addition, the constant contest yo-yo dieting combined with the massive over-eating of "bulking" leads to visceral fat buildup that is never lost because the diets dont last long enough to effect it. Add in carb loading, you will see huge guts with distention.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PK-V View Post
    too much insulin over a short period of time. its not intestinal enlargement pushing out the stomach walls. While there are a host of IGF-1 receptors in the intestines, the localized growth that occurs isnt enough to permanentally stretch the abdominal muscle walls, that is absurd. Excessive insulin usage over a short period of time (usually to put on 20-30lbs 6 months or a year) leads to visceral fat buildup. In addition, the constant contest yo-yo dieting combined with the massive over-eating of "bulking" leads to visceral fat buildup that is never lost because the diets dont last long enough to effect it. Add in carb loading, you will see huge guts with distention.
    I have seen this post several places...im not sure i buy it 100% - im thinking combination......i mean hgh / slin / test offer a synergy pros use...or abuse - i think a combination makes alot more sense - visceral fat AND intestinal growth... jmo

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    No way. The human body is not gonna burn all of the fat outside of the body while leaving the visceral (harmful) fat in tact. Just not happening. In fact visceral fat is usually the first to go. This is why your insides improve very quickly when a deconditioned person starts working out and fat loss may be high (on the scale) but nothing happens measurement or mirror wise.

IMO gh gut is simple. A huge upper body, a huge lower body = a huge midsection. Longer torsos have more area for the mass to be spread out over so the gh gut is not as bad. You can't be over 300lbs with a 32in waist. To add to this, the human back is like a plate of white muscle that really doesn't get "big". The front however is much easier to expand. These red muscle fibers get huge and stick out (like a bicep) while the back and sides of the human body stay relatively tight making the torso look as if there is a big gut. If the back didn't have this huge plate of tendon like muscle (we would not be able to stand) then the whole mid section would bubble out. But only the front is able to expand to a great distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    No way. The human body is not gonna burn all of the fat outside of the body while leaving the visceral (harmful) fat in tact. Just not happening. In fact visceral fat is usually the first to go. This is why your insides improve very quickly when a deconditioned person starts working out and fat loss may be high (on the scale) but nothing happens measurement or mirror wise.
    Twist, GH does, in fact, increase visceral fat storage while reducing subcutaneous fat. When you think about it, this makes sense from a biological standpoint, since visceral fat is needed to protect your internal organs.

yungone501 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Twist, GH does, in fact, increase visceral fat storage while reducing subcutaneous fat. When you think about it, this makes sense from a biological standpoint, since visceral fat is needed to protect your internal organs.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Yes I've seen that but when a bodybuilder diets down to 4% bf, their guts barely lose anything (seems to be just what's on top). I'm not saying that there isn't an increase in visceral fat with gh, or that your organs won't grow, I'm just saying that the main culprit, I believe, is muscle mass. Some big guys I know have big 'gh guts' but are too poor to afford gh. You also never see guys running gh at high doses with big guts until their muscle mass gets huge. I know a male stripper who runs a shitload of gh because he gets it from his friend with an rx and he has no gut at all. His midsection has never looked more shredded.

im83931 is offline Senior Member
    Bottom line- Cost/Benefit- for me its not worth it.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I don't know for sure but have heard from those with time in the game that its the result of huge amounts of growth causing a distention of the gut. Of course all of these guys are also doing tons of juice and food and slin.. so until we can get a control group of natural body builders to do a double blind with one group only taking a couple of grams of juice and another taking only a huge dose of slin and a third taking a gorrilla dose of growth its gonna be hard to really tell ;-) .

If you look at many of them they have a distended gut when relaxed dispite having very low fat level and shredded 6/8 pack guts, so I don't think its solely a fat build up issue.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    In my opinion HGH is ONLY for the advanced athlete.

Jawbone? I know HGH can cause extra growth in your extremities, but jawbone? I didn't say it was my first cycle, and Yeah it is expensive, but from what i'm reading it is pretty narly. I'm betting if I wasn't running it year round I wouldn't have to worry about the gh gut.
    Last edited by SoCalSurfinPal; 08-13-2011 at 10:38 PM.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    ^^^ please edit your post....read the rules.....thanks
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If you run real growth in a resonable dosage the only thing you have to worry about is fat loss, increased musculature and wellbeing. Like most things the sides are minimal as long as your usage is reasonable, there will be some short term sides at a normal dosage as the body adjusts but they almost always pass.

yungone501 is offline Senior Member
    I run aas instead of hgh for 3 reasons:
    1. Cost
    2. Controllable side if taken properly and in reasonable dosages
    3. Bigger/faster results

Also, one of my biggest fears is that gh can decrease a persons life span. Given that fact is dose dependant there's not an actual known dosage to abide by or steer away from so i just stay the hell away. Not saying aas wont also reduce my life span but the whole gh and reduced life span has been tested in MANY different specimens. Just some food for thought...

Quote Originally Posted by yungone501 View Post
    I run aas instead of hgh for 3 reasons:
    1. Cost
    2. Controllable side if taken properly and in reasonable dosages
    3. Bigger/faster results

Also, one of my biggest fears is that gh can decrease a persons life span. Given that fact is dose dependant there's not an actual known dosage to abide by or steer away from so i just stay the hell away. Not saying aas wont also reduce my life span but the whole gh and reduced life span has been tested in MANY different specimens. Just some food for thought...
    Do you have links to those studies? I'm really interested in reading them! I wan't to learn all that I can, and make the right decisions.

SoCal....there is an hgh forum here with lots of info. You might want to check it out~
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    SoCal....there is an hgh forum here with lots of info. You might want to check it out~
    Are you talking about the steroid profile forum? Yeah I read the whole thing, very interesting. I plan on reading about all of them. I feel like i've learned sooo much in the short time I've been on this site!!!

Also got some info from the Doc. "bigger faster stronger". Don't know if anyone has watched this, but wow! I really enjoyed it!

Guys and Gals this has been a tremendous learning experience for me!!! Thanks for all the info. I know I want to try it, and i'll make sure to document everything.. maybe i'll go from beer gut to gh gut. HAHA!

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalSurfinPal View Post
    Are you talking about the steroid profile forum? Yeah I read the whole thing, very interesting. I plan on reading about all of them. I feel like i've learned sooo much in the short time I've been on this site!!!

Also got some info from the Doc. "bigger faster stronger". Don't know if anyone has watched this, but wow! I really enjoyed it!
    the IGF-1 /HGH forum.....
    http://forums.steroid.com/forumdispl...S#.TkmVEc00idM
    Author Unknown

No I understand, it's not just one mechanism that's causing this modern distention

Your body won't let you deadlift a super heavy weight to a near spinal damage state without overcompensating and strengthening the abdominals to protect the skeletal frame of the body

The body has no idea about aesthetics and is just focused on protection

This is not an excuse to not deadlift btw lol

The body has no idea about aesthetics and is just focused on protection

This is not an excuse to not deadlift btw lol
    haha!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images.jpeg 
Views:	1071 
Size:	8.0 KB 
ID:	116692This plate in the lower back keep the waist tight. You can see the white muscle fibers that have decreased blood flow. These muscle fibers get thick and strong as hell but do not get volumous like the red muscles. The white muscles also take longer to repair as they have less blood flow (why lower back should be given 5 days to repair).

Now you can see what I mean with the lower back in this unusually ripped individual

Name:	IMG_1505.JPG 
Views:	22553 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	116693
    Notice in the above picture that his sides grow in size dramatically when compared to his back. As soon as the muscle goes from white to red, the waist expands greatly.

Although abdominals do have these white muscles they are setup to distend by design. Abdominals need to be able to stretch for pregnancy and breathing etc. As you can see by the image below, there is a sheath covering the abdominals. However, the sides of the body are red and on top of the sheath red fibers are again present. The sides allow for distention, and the abdominals on top can expand greatly in size also contributing to the 'gut' look.

Name:	images-1.jpeg 
Views:	13143 
Size:	7.5 KB 
ID:	116694

This is my theory on the gh gut but by no means do I know for sure. I just cannot find reason in the visceral fat or intestine growth theories. If people have more info that I am missing correct me please.
    Last edited by Twist; 08-14-2011 at 04:47 PM.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries

Name:	images.jpeg 
Views:	1071 
Size:	8.0 KB 
ID:	116692This plate in the lower back keep the waist tight. You can see the white muscle fibers that have decreased blood flow. These muscle fibers get thick and strong as hell but do not get volumous like the red muscles. The white muscles also take longer to repair as they have less blood flow (why lower back should be given 5 days to repair).

Now you can see what I mean with the lower back in this unusually ripped individual

Name:	IMG_1505.JPG 
Views:	22553 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	116693
    Notice in the above picture that his sides grow in size dramatically when compared to his back. As soon as the muscle goes from white to red, the waist expands greatly.

Although abdominals do have these white muscles they are setup to distend by design. Abdominals need to be able to stretch for pregnancy and breathing etc. As you can see by the image below, there is a sheath covering the abdominals. However, the sides of the body are red and on top of the sheath red fibers are again present. The sides allow for distention, and the abdominals on top can expand greatly in size also contributing to the 'gut' look.

Name:	images-1.jpeg 
Views:	13143 
Size:	7.5 KB 
ID:	116694

This is my theory on the gh gut but by no means do I know for sure. I just cannot find reason in the visceral fat or intestine growth theories. If people have more info that I am missing correct me please.
    tht pic is BS and morphed mate

Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    tht pic is BS and morphed mate
    it may be photoshopped a little but the point is the same. Look at any bodybuilder, they all have it. That pic is not far off from reality and I would have no problem believing its real if the cabinets or whatever weren't off. The illustration is valid

mani_bono is offline Associate Member
    rofl! wtf is that? a Gorilla or something?!

Quote Originally Posted by mani_bono View Post
    rofl! wtf is that? a Gorilla or something?!
    u mirin glutes brah?

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    gh gut will not trouble 90% of us

ata1979 is offline Associate Member
    Most of us here are recreational users. I don't think any of us have to worry about GH gut.

Quote Originally Posted by ata1979;5719***
    Most of us here are recreational users. I don't think any of us have to worry about GH gut.
    Exactly. Moderate use isn't going to cause acromegally or abdominal distention. So the only good answer to the OP's question is: cost and availability.

Agreed with the above. We got sidetracked but its something I always hear brought up.

Quote Originally Posted by mypulseox View Post
    Maybe you could make me one?

Huh?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information