SomeOneInFl is offline New Member

Question Will my Testosterone shots by of advantage

I have been prescribed 1ml of testosterone cypionate per 3 days / 10 a month. My testosterone levels are not bad, just on the low end, I think 410, the script is actually for some other issue.
    Anyway, I have a couple of questions.
    Will the shots give me any advantage if I start working out again or are larger doses usually used.
    Second is I heard that not working out while on testosterone will actually have almost the opposite effect of working out like gaining weight.
    Third about how long after taking the shot would my testosterone levels start to drop?
    Any info would be appreciated.
    Thanks

BTW it's 100mg/ML testosterone cypionate , I was told it's the equivalent of a 5mg patch a day.

DGK
    DGK is offline Member
    so its a 100 mg a injection, or 100 mg total from all ten doses?

chuckt12345 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    youll be almost at a small cycle dose,, thats like 233mg wk. depends on your diet and activity level if you blow up and get fat if your not exercising

funkymonk is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckt12345 View Post
    youll be almost at a small cycle dose,, thats like 233mg wk. depends on your diet and activity level if you blow up and get fat if your not exercising
    This.
    FWIW 100mg a week puts me anywhere between mid-normal to high/out of range.

Quote Originally Posted by DGK View Post
    so its a 100 mg a injection, or 100 mg total from all ten doses?
    It's a 100mg injection.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckt12345 View Post
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by funkymonk View Post
    This.
    FWIW 100mg a week puts me anywhere between mid-normal to high/out of range.
    Not sure what you mean

neopup2 is offline New Member
    I've been on TRT for 3 years while recovering from a near fatal accident were I broke my back and neck and legs 23 bones in all and head injury point is I'm on 200 mg Test Cyp. every 2 weeks to stay lean and healthy. Your dose is like a mini/beginner cycle. I don't know what your health issues are but if your prescibed that much why not work out. It can't hurt and your test levels aren't that low. 1ML every 3 days is not TRT I don't know what your doctor is trying to accomplish. And after your first shot your test level will increase not decrease unless i'm misunderstanding what you doing. A cycle would be 3ML Test Cyp. twice a week. I'm confused about the dose and how often you are prescribed to take it. You won't get fat that dose will give you the Test level of a 20 year old but with out knowing what it is really for (script is actually for some other issue) your going to have a hard time getting answers to your questions. Sorry can't be more help maybe someone else can give you the answer your looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by neopup2 View Post
    I've been on TRT for 3 years while recovering from a near fatal accident were I broke my back and neck and legs 23 bones in all and head injury point is I'm on 200 mg Test Cyp. every 2 weeks to stay lean and healthy. Your dose is like a mini/beginner cycle. I don't know what your health issues are but if your prescibed that much why not work out. It can't hurt and your test levels aren't that low. 1ML every 3 days is not TRT I don't know what your doctor is trying to accomplish. And after your first shot your test level will increase not decrease unless i'm misunderstanding what you doing. A cycle would be 3ML Test Cyp. twice a week. I'm confused about the dose and how often you are prescribed to take it. You won't get fat that dose will give you the Test level of a 20 year old but with out knowing what it is really for (script is actually for some other issue) your going to have a hard time getting answers to your questions. Sorry can't be more help maybe someone else can give you the answer your looking for.
    I have a lot of blood clots in my legs which have cause nerve and muscle damage. I am on a lot of pain killers (32mg of Dilaudid ever 4 hours, no its not a typo). Anyway, I had noticed changes like you would expect with a low testosterone level, decreased energy level, no depression but just feeling blah, etc. Anyway the shots have helped with all that, it seems long term use of narcotics can screw with all that. So I though some working out would help me take even more advantage of the shots. But even with all the pain killers I am limited in how long I can do things, I was hoping that with the testosterone I might get back in shape even though Im limited. Hope that makes sense.

Secondly, I had meant to ask, how long does it take for levels to start to drop after taking a shot. I know that the go up almost instantly, but no sure how long the effect lasts.
    Last edited by SomeOneInFl; 08-25-2011 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Typo

Test Cypionate is long lasting ester. Active life is 15 to 16 days. Effective dose is 300mg up to 2000mg+ per week. Long esters take about 2 weeks to kick in that's why people that use long esters kick start thier cycle with A-50's or Test Prop. for a few weeks to start the effect of the cycle then stop the A-50's when the Test kicks in. The dose just doesn't make sense it's to high for TRT and to low for a productive cycle. I would definitly question the doctor on what he is trying to do. Excercise,strength training and diet will help a lot no matter what. I've had 2 serious accidents and training improved my condition beyond all my doctors expectations. It will make you feel better to, but check with your doctor first to be sure it's safe with your condition. Also read up on Test Cyp. in the forums under the steriod profile section for more understanding of Test esters and how they work.

The reason for the script is because of long term effect of using narcotics, aka my pain medication. Which goes along with what you said as it took about 2 weeks before I felt my energy coming back and my overall mood improve as well as what I refer to as my oomph. Before for example people would ask my to go do something and I just didn't feel like or I would think about doing something like bench pressing on my bench but just wouldn't get around to doing it. While my testosterone levels were in range (420) I guess they were low enough for me to feel like I was 80. Now I feel like my old self at least mentally. The damage done to my legs from the clots mean I will never be able to run or jog again as my legs below the knees get only get 20% of the blood flow they should base on an ABI test. Just walking is painful. Without the pain killers I would be in non-stop pain. Stents were put in but I have a clotting disorder and they clotted up in a year. As I posted earlier the amount I take is more then most people by a long shot, they wanted to amputate but as long as I can manage the pain and gangrene doesn't set in Im keeping them. So that's the short of it. I was just wondering if taking the shots would give me an advantage besides the mental advantage they have given me.
    Thanks

Ok I understand a little bit more,sorry to here about your condition. i had an accident that broke my legs in 14 places and can't run or walk up stairs. I used to run 5 miles on the beach at 6am everyday now I need 2 knee replacments all the cartilage was destroyed so I can understand you situation. Excercise and take care of yourself the test will help mentally and with your health. It will also help any tissue damage heal quicker. This is just my opinion because this is over my head but just telling you what I know. I just had a friend loss a leg and he was really depressed he used to run SUPER COMP dragster now he races remote control cars and another friend that broke his spine and is paralyzed that i raced moto-cross with now he has become an wheel chair athlete and races remote control cars too. Just because you change physically you can adapt both these guy's are competitive guy's andian insperation

Sorry about your friends. However, in my case I already have low self esteem my whole life. I had looked at some pics from awile back and thought how great I looked and wondered what the heck did I have low self esteem about. So in my case, if I lost a leg or both it would devestate me. But that is where I was hoping that thew terstosterone would help me physically as well so I can try to get back in shape and enjoy life while I have both legs, though no matter what I will never be able to dance, not that I was even any good, its just one of those things you wished you would of done or learned etc.
    I do thank everyone for their input. Thanks

Bro my life began when I was told I had Cancer at 25 years old. Unknown primary means limited survival. I had over 100 random biopsy's and they never found it and it had gotten into my lymph nodes and was moving through my body. I had radiation treatment everyday for 12 weeks. They must have killed the primary by chance or I would be dead right now. When I recovered I started my own business, started working out, sport fishing,sky diving, racing moto cross,drag racing,horse back riding built 2 houses 1 in town and a ranch in the country to adopt retired race horses and find them homes. It was a life changing experience. Then I had that accident and was out of work for 3 years my business went under and Ilost everything now I'm stating all over agian. They gave me a 50/50 chance to beat the cancer and that was24 years ago. Never give up make a life change and do your best and you will be healthier longer and happier and most of all no regrets woulda, shoulda, coulda won't be in your vocabulary. Good luck Bro!

Sorry to hear all that. But I agree about not giving up, which is why I won't let them amputate. Maybe some day they might come up with a way to get rid of these clots since the conventional ways don't work. And with the testosterone giving me my oomph back, that's just another plus. Which reminds me, Im due to give myself a shot.
    Thanks to All

Do some research on Chelation Therapy with Ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid. My room mate has been in collage for over 20 years and has many degrees. He had a similar condition to yours when he was younger and it was experimental and he volenteered for the treatment and it worked.He is a big believer in being proactive, cleansing your body, vitamins, minerals and antioxidents. Just research it please. It may help you and just like bodybuilding every little bit helps. If your doctor disagrees get a second opionion and if that doesn't work contact a university that is doing the research. I got 8 opionions before I picked my Radiation Oncologist based on the survival rate his type of treatment had. But all 8 said they could cure me so I did my own research and radiation had the highest possibility of suvival. I see your registered as SomeOneInFl. Florida has the best Hospitals, Research Centers and Medical Schools in the country. Research it your self. Get on Forums to talk to other people that had the treatment and what their results were. Doctors don't know everything. Buy the Merck Manual the doctors bible.
    Last edited by neopup2; 08-30-2011 at 09:43 PM.

Thread Information