Piotr is offline New Member

Steroids to increase bone density?

Hi,

can you please advise if HGH increases bone density?
    I am a boxer and having in general problems having small hands and fingers and "soft" wrist and ancles.
    Sometimes I have a feeling my bones were so brittle that would brake with simple light punch. If I punch somehwere without gloves pain lasts for week...it is the same with ancles...it lookes like I had osteoporosis (but dosctors said I do not).

I have light and brittle bones and am interested which steroids could help me increase the bone density and simply make my bones and joints stronger, havier for punching? Is this HGH like I heard or something else?

Thank you very much in advance!

Regards,

Piotr

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    So...you're not a very good boxer, are you?

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    I think you need to look into another career with brittle bones at 32. Boxing isn't in your future. Unless you want to walk around and sound like rice crispys...snap crackle pop.

The Bear 79 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    So...you're not a very good boxer, are you?

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    if you're a boxer why would you be hitting anything without wraps and gloves on?

steroids can increase osteoporosis btw

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Estrogen will help bone density.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Do you drink milk? I hear it does a body good.

Dog-Slime is offline Senior Member
    What is wrong with this site now? Used to everyone was helpful but now everytime I try to read all I see are smartass remarks. Is nooone going to try to answer the mans question? I dont recall him asking anyone for advice on his career so how bout someone just tell the man what he wants to know because I am curious to hear the answer as well.

To the OP if noone will help I will research it myself and post back my own conclusions in a few days but hopefully someone already more knowledgable will comment first. I can already tell you that if you can afford it then HGH is helpful for sure (or GH releasing peptides).

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Toremifene and rolaxifene will also increase BMD.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog-Slime View Post
    What is wrong with this site now? Used to everyone was helpful but now everytime I try to read all I see are smartass remarks. Is nooone going to try to answer the mans question? I dont recall him asking anyone for advice on his career so how bout someone just tell the man what he wants to know because I am curious to hear the answer as well.

To the OP if noone will help I will research it myself and post back my own conclusions in a few days but hopefully someone already more knowledgable will comment first. I can already tell you that if you can afford it then HGH is helpful for sure (or GH releasing peptides).
    A few minutes of research could have told the OP that nearly every sex hormone (androgens and estrogen) increases bone density.
    But what I was getting at with my question was this: his bones are already developed and he isn't trying to combat osteoperosis. The increase in bone density from AAS use in his case isn't going to be anything dramatic. Hell, just repeated impact should significantly strengthen bones, but it obviously hasn't.
    So unless he's a professional boxer (which I can't imagine he is), the benefits won't be worth the hassle and risks. He obviously isn't suited to his sport if he feels he needs AAS just to not break his hand everytime he lands a punch.

So yeah, pumping himself full of hormones may help, but I doubt it will make a substantial difference in his case.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonada8 View Post
    Toremifene and rolaxifene will also increase BMD.
    What about nolva and clomid?

A few minutes of research could have told the OP that nearly every sex hormone (androgens and estrogen) increases bone density.
    But what I was getting at with my question was this: his bones are already developed and he isn't trying to combat osteoperosis. The increase in bone density from AAS use in his case isn't going to be anything dramatic. Hell, just repeated impact should significantly strengthen bones, but it obviously hasn't.
    So unless he's a professional boxer (which I can't imagine he is), the benefits won't be worth the hassle and risks. He obviously isn't suited to his sport if he feels he needs AAS just to not break his hand everytime he lands a punch.

So yeah, pumping himself full of hormones may help, but I doubt it will make a substantial difference in his case.
    But are there any that do so more significantly than others? And what about winny is it bad for bones as well as joints and ligaments? Sorry I have not done much reason on this topic but was curious when I saw the OPs question.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog-Slime View Post
    But are there any that do so more significantly than others? And what about winny is it bad for bones as well as joints and ligaments? Sorry I have not done much reason on this topic but was curious when I saw the OPs question.
    No AAS is going to turn this guy into a heavy hitter.
    The potential cons far outweigh the benefits if he just wants it for bone density.

sensaispike is offline Member
    According to Wolff's law, which is a theory developed by the German Anatomist/Surgeon Julius Wolff (1836–1902) in the 19th century that states that bone in a “healthy person or animal” will adapt to the loads it is placed under. If loading on a particular bone increases, the bone will remodel itself over time to become stronger to resist that sort of loading. The internal architecture of the trabeculae undergoes adaptive changes, followed by secondary changes to the external cortical portion of the bone, perhaps becoming thicker as a result. The converse is true as well: if the loading on a bone decreases, the bone will become weaker due to turnover, it is less metabolically costly to maintain and there is no stimulus for continued remodeling that is required to maintain bone mass.

So through the act of training and weight training on your bones ”should” be increasing their density, however I think the thing to consider here is “healthy person or animal”. As you stated you have seen a doctor about this and they “don’t know” what the issue is, if there is in fact an issue with BMD I would theorize that there is an underlying issue causing this.

Let me thank you all for those last posts...I really appreciate it and apologize for not being good english speaker.

Of course I am not a proffesional boxer but (as a surprise for the first replayers) I was quite good at it, specailly since in general was very fit, 100 kilos with low fat and very fast hands. So when I have gloves and bandages I do not have any problems, the problem is without them...my hands look more childlish then weak. I was able to improve all body parts but forearm (wrist, fingers,...).

I would simply like to get stronger and harder forearm, I heard winny is bad for my problem (I had been using for 5 years , 2 cycles per year) so basicly would like to go on a cycle whcih could help me bring closer to what I would like to improve.

So simply, if I want to "increase" forearm and get stronger and heavy bones, which cycle would you recommend? HGH, deca ,...? Of course appropriate trainning and diet is a pre-condition.

Thanks again!

Piotr

Oh, so you're already using? Well that changes a lot.
    Deca and test are both good for bone density.

APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sensaispike View Post
    According to Wolff's law, which is a theory developed by the German Anatomist/Surgeon Julius Wolff (1836–1902) in the 19th century that states that bone in a “healthy person or animal” will adapt to the loads it is placed under. If loading on a particular bone increases, the bone will remodel itself over time to become stronger to resist that sort of loading. The internal architecture of the trabeculae undergoes adaptive changes, followed by secondary changes to the external cortical portion of the bone, perhaps becoming thicker as a result. The converse is true as well: if the loading on a bone decreases, the bone will become weaker due to turnover, it is less metabolically costly to maintain and there is no stimulus for continued remodeling that is required to maintain bone mass.

So through the act of training and weight training on your bones ”should” be increasing their density, however I think the thing to consider here is “healthy person or animal”. As you stated you have seen a doctor about this and they “don’t know” what the issue is, if there is in fact an issue with BMD I would theorize that there is an underlying issue causing this.
    Exactly. I'm surprised that no one on a Steroid /Weight Lifting forum would have the sense to mention that weight training alone increases bone density. Rather it seems everyone is in a rush to try & bust balls...
    Last edited by APIs; 09-29-2011 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by APIs View Post
    Exactly. I'm surprised that no one on a Steroid /Weight Lifting forum would have the sense to mention that weight training alone increases bone density. Rather it seems everyone is in a rush to try & bust balls...
    Actually, I did in post #10.

APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yes you did, I stand corrected! So that makes 4 people out of 17 posts if correct...

Thank you all for help.

So, to summarize it - I have very chlidlish hands and I want to make them look more like man's hands. I need them to be stronger and "heavier".
    All the rest parts of my body can be developed very nice despite forearm part (and ancles are also thin and weak).

It simply looks that some specific parts of my body finished developing too early.

So can you please simply tell me if I go on cycle which steroids to use to be as mach helpfull as they can possibly be for my problem (Deca & test, HGH,...)?
    Money is no issue.

Thanks again and kind regards,

Luka

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I used to do a lot of breaking back in my mispent youth ( dumb ass karate type stunts) Do hand excersizes ( althought 32 is late) you will still see some improvement. Do hand excersizes on a daily basis. You can make all sorts of simple things to exercise them, a wooden dowel with a rope and wieght that you rotate to lift the wieght by curliong forward and backward will build wrists and forearms primarily, various machines where you do a motion like disengaging the clutch on a motorcycle will build the fingers, hand bones as well as forearms and wrists. Pushing the hands into or striking buckets of sand mixed with beads, peas etc to vary the resistance will primarily build finger strengh and increase bone mass and density. All of these types of excersizes as a whole will build the connective tissue, tendon size, ligament size etc. as well as increase bone mass. Repeated impact training like striking board etc. will also increase bone density but be careful here, the trade-off is trauma to the ligaments etc so be very careful with this type of training as it can be counterproductive.
    Last edited by Far from massive; 10-02-2011 at 09:25 AM.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    I know with the gh/ test my hands and feet got bigger which is one reason I got off of it
    my feet grew an entire shoe size with the exact style and model of the same shoe so not my imagination

and now that I am off both, back to normal again
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    I know with the gh/ test my hands and feet got bigger which is one reason I got off of it
    my feet grew an entire shoe size with the exact style and model of the same shoe so not my imagination

and now that I am off both, back to normal again
    So, if I do the HGH it would make effect on temporarily?

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    SlimmerMe,

I am no expert (maybe those who are will chime in) however I doubt that HGH/Test caused bone and tissue growth that reversed itself after cessation. I would think it more likely that this was caused by swelling fluid retention in the feet. I know that growth often causes (to use the slang term) your fingers to turn into Vienna sausages but this also is only from swelling and reverses after cessation.
    Last edited by Far from massive; 10-02-2011 at 04:46 PM.

StillCold518 is offline New Member
    I've found that asking questions on this forum gets you nothing but ridicule and criticism.

The Bear 79 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by StillCold518 View Post
    I've found that asking questions on this forum gets you nothing but ridicule and criticism.
    Ahhhww.....wuts wong............every1 told u the truth instead of what u wanted 2 hear..........no 1 condoned or helped u cycle @ 2 early of an age & now ur gona pout & bad mouth............wwwhhhaaaa

StillCold518 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bear 79 View Post
    Ahhhww.....wuts wong............every1 told u the truth instead of what u wanted 2 hear..........no 1 condoned or helped u cycle @ 2 early of an age & now ur gona pout & bad mouth............wwwhhhaaaa
    I'm not saying that at all man, I didnt expect anyone to condone anything. Just letting people know how my cycle was going.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by StillCold518 View Post
    People usually on here try to be helpful, unless you're asking a retarded question or not willing to listen to the good advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Far from massive View Post
    SlimmerMe,

I am no expert (maybe those who are will chime in) however I doubt that HGH/Test caused bone and tissue growth that reversed itself after cessation. I would think it more likely that this was caused by swelling fluid retention in the feet. I know that growth often causes (to use the slang term) your fingers to turn into Vienna sausages but this also is only from swelling and reverses after cessation.
    Probably was fluid...merely reporting what happened.

but what about acromegaly? no reversal there more than likely
    Last edited by SlimmerMe; 10-02-2011 at 09:52 PM.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

this thread needs moving to the HGH forum actually......
    Author Unknown

Thread Information