Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    raptorws6 is offline New Member

Is this whole spam filter thing fixed yet?

It kinda makes me irritated when i respond to a post thats lengthy with a lot of information and when i post it it says it must be checked by a mod. I guess i totally understand that there could be something in there that shouldnt be and thats why it would need to be checked but then it seems every post would need to be checked by a mod. I was reading around and saw it was caused by a spam filter problem. But if it doesnt get posted then i must say i'm kinda discouraged to go about typing everything and have it never posted.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by raptorws6 View Post
    It kinda makes me irritated when i respond to a post thats lengthy with a lot of information and when i post it it says it must be checked by a mod. I guess i totally understand that there could be something in there that shouldnt be and thats why it would need to be checked but then it seems every post would need to be checked by a mod. I was reading around and saw it was caused by a spam filter problem. But if it doesnt get posted then i must say i'm kinda discouraged to go about typing everything and have it never posted.
    well if the post is ok a mod will approve it and it will become visible.
    I'd rather have a few good post delayed then the 100's of crap spam we were getting

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    well if the post is ok a mod will approve it and it will become visible.
    I'd rather have a few good post delayed then the 100's of crap spam we were getting
    I completely agree but thats why i was asking if it was fixed cause if it get lost or something then im a little discouraged to go and type a ton of info. Why do somethings need to be checked by a mod and others just get posted. I understand if theres a URL posted with it or something like a pic attached but if its just typing with no obvious things that should trip a spam filter why would it do it? IDK not trying to cause a problem or anything just a little discouraged to give away some of my 8 years of college/gradschool schooling and experience just to have it lost or thought to be nonimportant.
    Last edited by raptorws6; 10-07-2011 at 10:39 AM.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    I completely agree but thats why i was asking if it was fixed cause if it get lost or something then im a little discouraged to go and type a ton of info. Why do somethings need to be checked by a mod and others just get posted. I understand if theres a URL posted with it or something like a pic attached but if its just typing with no obvious things that should trip a spam filter why would it do it? IDK not trying to cause a problem or anything just a little discouraged to give away some of my 8 years of schooling and experience just to have it lost or thought to be nonimportant.
    this is not what is happening at all. Your ideas and thoughts are not being monitored at all or graded.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    this is not what is happening at all. Your ideas and thoughts are not being monitored at all or graded.
    Then is it because i'm relatively new to the forum then kinda like what Hondarocks mentioned (thanks by the way, seriously!)? I've been here for a long time reading and theres been a lot of questions that i've read and knew a lot about but just not responded because i wasnt registered so eventually i did. I dont usually respond to just any post but theres some that are right along my schooling info so i try to share it and i recently posted a respose that had to be checked but i dont wanna be giving away any important info if its just never gonna get posted.
    Last edited by raptorws6; 10-07-2011 at 10:48 AM.

Hondarocks is offline Banned
    Then is it because i'm relatively new to the forum then kinda like what Hondarocks mentioned (thanks by the way, seriously!)? I've been here for a long time reading and theres been a lot of questions that i've read and knew a lot about but just not responded because i wasnt registered so eventually i did. I dont usually respond to just any post but theres some that are right along my schooling info so i try to share it and i recently posted a respose that had to be checked but i dont wanna be giving away any important info if its just never gonna get posted.
    Bro, chill!!!!!!!! I thought I was not getting any where at fist and sometimes I thought I was going to be kicked out for breaking the rules but I believe the people here could see the real me behind the posts and saw what I was really trying to do and that I have good intentions. Your voice will be heard, but this is not the place to be doing this. There is a one on one forum that is private btw you and the mods and admins, I suggest you use this venue to voice you concern. Not in the open forum where you might rub elbows with people.

Hondarocks is offline Banned
    I was in in for about 3 weeks brother, you will eventually get out of it, just takes some time. Also the mods and admin use it to weed out the real people here from the fakers, trolls and spamers, just be patient, if you are legit you will be legitimized. And then you will be accepted. Just make sure not to post any link of any kind unless it is within the forums to another thread or post. This will speed up the process.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondarocks View Post
    I was in in for about 3 weeks brother, you will eventually get out of it, just takes some time. Also the mods and admin use it to weed out the real people here from the fakers, trolls and spamers, just be patient, if you are legit you will be legitimized. And then you will be accepted. Just make sure not to post any link of any kind unless it is within the forums to another thread or post. This will speed up the process.
    thats not the reason,

I got caught in it yesterday. Its software some times it fvcks up

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    everything that get caught up in the filter is manually put back on the board ASAP. i understand is a hassle and we will figure out a way around it but for the time being lets all be patient. we were getting overloaded with spam and had no choice but to upgrade the spam filter. i appologize to everyone that has been affected by this but please just be patient until we get this worked out
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

Thread Information