Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    jamesz123 is offline Associate Member

Gains from Steriods ?

I am a newbie - so please be gentle.

My question is this (based on my past and present experience of being off a cycle).
    Is it safe to say that you will loose 99% of your gains from steroids ones you are off a cycle for some time no matter what you do. The best way to keep gains is to have atleast 2 cycles (or more) a year and only than will you be able to maintain any gains you make. My past experience tells me that. I have been around many people that have used for many years, they tell me otherwise but what do they know - they use atleast 4-5 cycles a year !! They never seem to be off a cycle for too long.
    I want to know what this is really about. I eat very clean and have years of building a base in bodybuilding. I have also boxed and know what hard exercise is all about. I have used 5 cycles but 4 off them were like 8 years ago. I am in my late 30s now. I sometimes think that the muscles that I have I would have had anyway due to maturing body & training naturally. At this stage of my life I would like to know - if I want a certain look (more muscles etc) than should I commit to using atleast 2 - 3 cycles a year or else whatever I gain from a cycle I will loose irrespective of diet of exercise ?

please help - lol

The Bear 79 is offline Banned
    U WILL lose a lot of ur gains after ur cycle, but 99% loss suggests ur diet was / is insufficient. It doesnt matter how many cycles u hav done, if ur diet cant support the new mass, u will shrink rite back 2 ur starting point, no matter if its 2nd cycle or ur 50th.
    Last edited by The Bear 79; 10-29-2011 at 02:56 PM.

So even if I do not use 2-3 cycles per year I should be able to maintain more gains (EVEN OVER TIME) with just diet and exercise ?

c-Z
    c-Z is offline Educate B4 You Medicate (RIP T)
    Also dont forget that you will have to intake more protein to maintain any added muscle.

c-Z
    c-Z is offline Educate B4 You Medicate (RIP T)
    No matter what when coming off a cycle you will drop some
    Weight. Now depending on how your diet is will determine how much you will actually loose. Dont forget to take into consideration water weight/bloating.

Thx everyone for a quick reply but what I am asking you is not the lose you experience right after the cycle - the water loose , less blood, less pump etc etc. I am talking about any, so-called, permanent gain after all that is out of the system. Like say 5 months afterwards. You see most people I know that cycle jump back on after a couple of months and they have been doing that for years. So I can not say if any of their gains were/are permanent. I have been off cycles for many month and than years and I say (atleast for me) you loose everything irrespective of diet / exercise. I suspect the only PERMANENT gains I made were from a maturing body and working out regularly overtime (and even that stops). That is what I am asking - assuming that you are still in your 20s and 30s....is the real way to a bodybuilder look : JUST USE 2- 4 CYCLES A YEAR AND NOT STAY OFF A CYCLE FOR TOO LONG ?
    (along with the right diet etc etc) .
    hope I am making sense here !

devildog1967 is offline Associate Member
    the key to it is good diet and smart training . AAS is a very small part of it all

Also please do not think that I am saying : AAS are everything in bodybuilding. I know they are not.
    If it only was that easy !!

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    You still need to keep eating like a bodybuilder to keep the new muscle. You can't eat right during your cycle, then cut your protein in half and go back to a "normal" diet. You need to eat in such a way that your body can maintain the new muscle mass. I am in my 40s and can still keep muscle mass by continuing to lift and eat well.

The Bear 79 is offline Banned
    It IS possible 2 keep SOME lean mass from each cycle through proper diet & training. Now, that "bodybuilder look" ur referring 2 is an entirely different animal. Research the cruise & blast method. Or even better, read Ronnie Rowland's slingshot thread titled "You'll want to read this"
    Last edited by The Bear 79; 10-29-2011 at 03:09 PM.

Yeah I see what you mean regarding the bodybuilding look. What I meant was a real nice beach body-builder look. I will look into the cruise & blast method now.
    johhnyVegas I hear you. That was encouraging -at your age - thx.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesz123 View Post
    That was encouraging -at your age - thx.
    What the HELL do you mean by "at your age?"

Pull up your pants and get off my lawn.

oops - sorry boss. I jussst meannnt ...well....u ..know....I like your pic - that is all

Thread Information