kdub87 is offline New Member

1st cycle, dont want boobs

done my research, know the risks etc. and almost 25. Trained almost consistently for 3 years and decided id like to give it a try. Planning on running for 12 weeks (+3 weeks of pct):

Test E at 500mg a week
    1.25mg of finasteride ed
    nolva 10-20mg ed

PCT Clomid at:
    Week 1: 300 mg
    100 mg
    100 mg
    100 mg
    100 mg
    100 mg
    100 mg

Week 2: 100 mg
    100 mg
    100 mg
    100 mg
    50 mg
    50 mg
    50 mg

Week 3: 50 mg ed for 7 days

What im wondering is, is nolvadex ed during cycle necessary to keep estrogen sides at bay? or should i just add it to PCT with clomid? will do everything possible to avoid the worst of sides i.e gyno, baldness etc.

doohgkx is offline New Member
    I'm a noob at this so definitely have someone back up what I'm about to say before trusting it, but I asked this same question about Nolva during cycle and I was told that's a bad idea because Nolva simply inhibits the estrogen receptors, it doesn't get rid of the estrogen. So what happens is you get a build up of estrogen and when the Nolva wears off you have a high risk of estro side effects such as Gyno. It was advised to me that a small AI dose such as .25mg Arimidex or 25 mg Aromasin ED or EOD during cycle is a better option. But again, I'd get a second opinion because I'm very new to this.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    stats pls?

xelnaga is offline Banned
    If your concerned about estrogen run an aromatase inhibitor like arimidex .

MikeRazz is offline Junior Member
    def run arimedex during cycle, that will take care of building up too much estrogen

stats are 165lbs, 5'8 and 24yrs (25 in april) been lifting since i was 18 got serious about 3 years ago. Ill use the arimidex during then instead of nolva, will save nolva for pct with clomid. think i read that using AI during cycle will hinder gains but only very minimally?

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    you could still gain naturally, you're quite light. and by the way you're proposing running this, you need to research more.

MikeRazz is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    you could still gain naturally, you're quite light. and by the way you're proposing running this, you need to research more.

OP : listen to to dec, dude is full of knowledge and experience to go a long with it

Was only going off the suggestion of running nolva ed during cycle from the beginner cycles on the main site, have arimidex but was only going to use it if needed, though now ill run it throughout. Iv tried hard to gain naturally but think im just a hard gainer, nobody in my family is particularly muscular, and i do try to lift as heavy as possible and eat correctly during bulk. I work at my local gym so got some guys i could turn to for advice if need be, but obviously wanted to read up myself beforehand. Think im ready as im aware of the risks, and making sure i have everything in place before starting should anything go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeRazz View Post
    OP : listen to to dec, dude is full of knowledge and experience to go a long with it
    Definitely am! going to research some more but pretty hopeful that i would benefit from a cycle.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kdub87 View Post
    Was only going off the suggestion of running nolva ed during cycle from the beginner cycles on the main site, have arimidex but was only going to use it if needed, though now ill run it throughout. Iv tried hard to gain naturally but think im just a hard gainer, nobody in my family is particularly muscular, and i do try to lift as heavy as possible and eat correctly during bulk. I work at my local gym so got some guys i could turn to for advice if need be, but obviously wanted to read up myself beforehand. Think im ready as im aware of the risks, and making sure i have everything in place before starting should anything go wrong.
    then why are you running a pct dosage fit for an elephant?

Blog Entries
    adequate 5wk pct:

nolva 20/20/20/20/20
    clomid 50/50/50/50/50

Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    adequate 5wk pct:

nolva 20/20/20/20/20
    clomid 50/50/50/50/50
    Thanks, appreciate it! i thought it seemed a bit much! was just going off the main sites beginner cycle suggestions, that and i was probably being overcautious. Ill do some more reading around it as i want to be as clued up as possible before starting. Would you suggest arimidex at around .25mg ed during cycle?

sorry *adex eod

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kdub87;580***0
    Thanks, appreciate it! i thought it seemed a bit much! was just going off the main sites beginner cycle suggestions, that and i was probably being overcautious. Ill do some more reading around it as i want to be as clued up as possible before starting. Would you suggest arimidex at around .25mg ed during cycle?
    .5mg eod is a sufficient way of running it and easier to dose.

i still maintain my stance on gaining more naturally, it didnt come easy to me either but i still gained natty for 13yrs before i touched AAS

Quote Originally Posted by dec11;580***9
    .5mg eod is a sufficient way of running it and easier to dose.

i still maintain my stance on gaining more naturally, it didnt come easy to me either but i still gained natty for 13yrs before i touched AAS
    tried my hardest to gain as much as possible naturally, tried upping calories to the point where i felt sick after every meal and all i did was gain a little muscle ton of fat. Lifted as heavy as i could and switched my routine every 6-7 weeks. Working at the gym has been a massive help in regards to advice as im surrounded by personal trainers every day, so they always set me on the right track. They think either im not lifting as heavy and as well as i can and i am, would only be cheating myself if i wasnt, or that i just have crap genes in regards to bodybuilding lol i have noticed a big difference since i started, just hoping to push it some more.
    Last edited by kdub87; 11-16-2011 at 01:25 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kdub87 View Post
    tried my hardest to gain as much as possible naturally, tried upping calories to the point where i felt sick after every meal and all i did was gain a little muscle ton of fat. Lifted as heavy as i could and switched my routine every 6-7 weeks. Working at the gym has been a massive help in regards to advice as im surrounded by personal trainers every day, so they always set me on the right track. They think either im not lifting as heavy and as well as i can and i am, would only be cheating myself if i wasnt, or that i just have crap genes in regards to bodybuilding lol i have noticed a big difference since i started, just hoping to push it some more.
    i worked as a PT and believe me ive worked with some clueless twats, dont take all PTs as golden.

go to the nutrition section and post up your diet and they'll soon tell you what is what

Thread Information