Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    holdyahead is offline New Member

1st cycle advice (not what you think though)

Hey guys,

I have been lifting and dieting hard since I was 14 and just turned 21. I am 6'1 and 235lbs and have always been ahead of the curve in terms of growing for my age. My question is do you guys think this is to soon to start taking anything? I was planning on doing a natural show in the summer, but I have been getting the itch that im sure all of you have experienced. If I delve into this realm I want to do it right so I would appreciate some feedback. I would definitely want to do some more research if I decide to start, but is it relatively "safe" to start taking anything?

Also I am currently on 20mg of the generic version of celexa just to deal with the amount of stress as a college student (I am not depressed or anything like that lol).

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    your def to young. I would wait, its not worth it

I had a feeling that was the probable answer lol just wanted to see what people with experience thought. I will probably compete naturally for now and maybe in a few years start something. I appreciate the quick response. However, it is hard to wait when people like trey brewer and antoine vaillant are in their early to mid twenties and are on magazine covers and are very competitive bodybuilders.

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    Quote Originally Posted by holdyahead View Post
    I had a feeling that was the probable answer lol just wanted to see what people with experience thought. I will probably compete naturally for now and maybe in a few years start something. I appreciate the quick response. However, it is hard to wait when people like trey brewer and antoine vaillant are in their early to mid twenties and are on magazine covers and are very competitive bodybuilders.
    Have you seen him lately? He looks like an out of shape 45yo. Too young just keep it natural

xelnaga is offline Banned
    Making life altering decisions based on ink and paper is not a great idea.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    not too young to start taking things. I'd recommend:

protein powder
    creatine mono
    arginine
    BCAA's
    multiple vitamin
    fish oil

ecruz is offline Member
    ^bump^

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    but when you say "taking something" if you are referring to drugs (aas), then yes, no question you are too young.

you can read some of the many many many many threads posted by other youngsters, and all the various responses and data as to why this is a bad idea.

I am currently taking protein, bcaa, mutli, and fish oil and my diet is very good but thanks for the advice. I have read up on this, but I just wanted to see maybe it wasnt quite set in stone.

The Bear 79 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by holdyahead View Post
    I am currently taking protein, bcaa, mutli, and fish oil and my diet is very good but thanks for the advice. I have read up on this, but I just wanted to see maybe it wasnt quite set in stone.
    Mind if we hav a look @ ur diet?

Blade15 is offline Senior Member
    X2^^

Meal 1 between 8am-8:30: 2 scoops whey with one cup oats and banana in shake and yogurt

Meal 2 around 12pm: 1/4 pound chicken breast, cup of broccoli, about 1 cup of potatoes

Meal 3 around 3pm: This is the one meal that usually varies due to the fact that im on campus...sometimes a bar or something, but if I can get a full meal from the dining hall or something on campus I will

Meal 4 around 6:30: either 1)six egg whites (sometimes add broccoli and onions, two pieces of whole wheat toast or 2) 2 grilled chicken cutlets and a cup of brown rice (maybe 1 cup of black beans, broccoli, or asparagus)...veggies depend on how much iv taken in already throughout the day

Meal 5 about 7:45-8pm: Usually have a little something about 30 min pre workout..such as almond butter or natural peanut butter on a piece of whole wheat toast

Workout at 8:30: extend bcaa during workout

Post-workout 9:30-9:45pm= Dark Matter

Meal 6 about 10:30-11pm: Same shake as in the morning

Feel free to critique

I take my mutli and fish oil with my shake in the morning...sorry forgot to add that

Bulkn is offline Productive Member
    What's dark matter? I'd have a shake straight after workout then some solid food a hour later..

Its a post workout shake consisting of protein and fast digesting carbs

Thats what iv decided..thank you for ur input though. I am gonna do a natural competition this summer and take it from there

Blade15 is offline Senior Member
    Wise choice...

Thread Information