warren916 is offline Associate Member

Which Prolactin Antagonizer?

About to run a nor19 for the first and would like suggestions on which PA to use? From my research its either Prami or Caber. Thank u.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Both will work if Prolactin is the problem... I keep caber on hand but the first thing to think about is controlling Estrogen via an AI like aromasin , adex or letro....

I learnt this from D7M and Swifto.... Prolactin is regulated by estrogen (something called 'The long feedback mechanism' or something like that)... If you keep estrogen low, Prolactin should not be an issue...

If u want more specifics speak to Swifto or D7M..... Those guys are much cleverer than me LOL and could explain further

warren916 is offline Associate Member
    Estro shouldnt be a problem, i will be using Letro, which i respond very well to..

Then get which ever dopamine agonist you can find for the cheapest and keep it to hand just in case you need it.

alexISthrowed is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I have used both, I like the fact that prami knocks me out at night so I like it better lol. They both do there job though.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    Both will work if Prolactin is the problem... I keep caber on hand but the first thing to think about is controlling Estrogen via an AI like aromasin , adex or letro....

I learnt this from D7M and Swifto.... Prolactin is regulated by estrogen (something called 'The long feedback mechanism' or something like that)... If you keep estrogen low, Prolactin should not be an issue...

If u want more specifics speak to Swifto or D7M..... Those guys are much cleverer than me LOL and could explain further
    I have taught you well young skywalker.

Use an AI (Aromasin 10mg/ED) and then keep Caber on hand, thats what I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Swifto View Post
    I have taught you well young skywalker.

Use an AI (Aromasin 10mg/ED) and then keep Caber on hand, thats what I do.
    LOL

Another point worth noting is that I ran test and tren both at a fairly HIGH dose and had no gyno issues until I dropped out my Adex just to see what happened...

Lo and behold I had a gyno flare up within a week which was resolved within a few days of running adex at 1mg per day...

Gyno is certainly not the devil that people crank it up to be... If you have an AI and USE it while on cycle you should be fine.

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Supplement vit B6 will also help.. I would use that with the AI before using a dopamine agonist (caber, bromo)

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonada8 View Post
    Supplement vit B6 will also help.. I would use that with the AI before using a dopamine agonist (caber, bromo)
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonada8 View Post
    Agreed.
    Either of u guys got any reading material on that? (B6 for this)

Either of u guys got any reading material on that? (B6 for this)
    What do you think?

N Engl J Med 1982 Aug 12;307(7):444-5

Pyridoxine (B6) suppresses the rise in prolactin and increases the rise in growth hormone induced by exercise.

Moretti C, Fabbri A, Gnessi L, Bonifacio V, Fraioli F, Isidori A.

Boll Soc Ital Biol Sper 1984 Feb 28;60(2):273-8

[Influence of administration of pyridoxine on circadian rhythm of plasma ACTH, cortisol prolactin and somatotropin in normal subjects]

[Article in Italian]

Barletta C, Sellini M, Bartoli A, Bigi C, Buzzetti R, Giovannini C.

The influence of vitamin B6 in a dosage of 300 mg X 2 in 24 hrs, on circadian rhythm of plasmatic ACTH, cortisol, prolactin and somatotropin have been studied in 10 normal women. After vitamin B6 24 hrs pattern of ACTH and cortisol is unchanged; prolactin levels are slightly lower, in a statistically unsignificant proportion the night peak of growth hormone is higher in a statistically significant proportion (p. 0.05). The effect of vitamin B6 is likely to me mediated by dopaminergic receptors at hypothalamic level as previous studies by other Authors appear to prove.

These doses are high though. Doses like these can cause CNS damage. Thats why I suggest you keep it to 100-150mg/ED.

Here's one on Ginko Biloba while we're on the subject.

Horm Behav. 2008 Jan;53(1):225-31. Epub 2007 Oct 10.

Ginkgo biloba extract enhances male copulatory behavior and reduces serum prolactin levels in rats.

Yeh KY, Pu HF, Kaphle K, Lin SF, Wu LS, Lin JH, Tsai YF.
    Source

Department of Physiology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC.
    Abstract

The aim of this study was to investigate the effects of Ginkgo biloba extract (EGb 761) on male copulatory behavior in rats. EGb 761 (1 mg/ml) induced significant production of testosterone (T) in rat Leydig cells in vitro. Its effects on sexual behavior were then tested in Long-Evans male rats after 7, 14, 21, or 28 days of oral gavage of vehicle (distilled water) or EGb 761 at doses of 10, 50, or 100 mg/kg. Administration of 50 mg/kg of EGb 761 for 28 days and of 100 mg/kg for 14 or 21 days significantly increased intromission frequency compared to controls on the same day. An increase in ejaculation frequency was seen after treatment with 50 mg/kg of EGb 761 for 14, 21, or 28 days when compared to either the control group on the same day or the same group on day 0. A reduction in ejaculation latency was only seen after administration of 50 mg/kg of EGb 761 for 14 days compared to the vehicle-treated group. After treatment for 28 days, no significant difference was seen in mount latency, intromission latency, serum T levels, reproductive organ weight, sperm number, or levels of the metabolite of dopamine, 3,4-dihydroxyphenylacetic acid in the brain with any dose of EGb 761, but significantly reduced serum prolactin levels and increased dopamine levels in the medial preoptic area and arcuate nucleus were seen at the dose of 50 mg/kg. These findings show that EGb 761 (especially at the dose of 50 mg/kg) enhances the copulatory behavior of male rats and suggest that the dopaminergic system, which regulates prolactin secretion, may be involved in the facilitatory effect of EGb 761.

Vitex (Angus Castus) will also lower PRL.

So with all the herbs and vitamins available, we can lowe PRL without the use of D2-agonist's IMHO.

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    Bromo, but you'll have to fight some nausia..not a welcome thing on a bulking cycle. Caber has heart valve implications, i poured a $200 bottle of it down the sink 5 years ago and never used it since finding that out. Both will make you horny mofo, caber maybe slightly better there, but you could always take more bromo though. Bromo is older, more studied. Don't recal caber helping with pumps but bromo sure does. Will also make you a sweaty hypo gly***ic if you dont eat enough carbs...hence it's reinstitution as a diabetic drug now.

Vitex (Angus Castus) will also lower PRL.

So with all the herbs and vitamins available, we can lowe PRL without the use of D2-agonist's IMHO.
    If its ever actually a problem

Nice to know

If its ever actually a problem

Nice to know
    Yes, with AI's it shouldn't be.

But it can still rise in some individuals and lactation is the key indicator if an AI IS BEING USED.

Lactation is NOT an indicator if an AI is not being used because hypogondal men and estorgen can cause lactation.

Hope that makes sense.

hammerfight777 is offline New Member
    I have read on other forums that a combination of p-5-p and Dopa Mucina is effective in preventing prolactin as well. From what I understand p-5-p is the derivative of b6 that actually affects prolactin. Anyone else her of this?

Thread Information