frank4242 is offline Junior Member

steroids and military

I was considering doing a cycle of something before I join, to help me with PST tests as far as push ups, pull ups and such but I still need to be lean and maintain fast run times as well as swimming... what should I take so that I still keep my endurance high and not really bulk up just gain strength. Thanks for the input. wouldn't be my first cycle but first one in a while.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by jbh4242 View Post
    I was considering doing a cycle of something before I join, to help me with PST tests as far as push ups, pull ups and such but I still need to be lean and maintain fast run times as well as swimming... what should I take so that I still keep my endurance high and not really bulk up just gain strength. Thanks for the input. wouldn't be my first cycle but first one in a while.
    You shouldn't take anything. You don't want to be shut down going in to basic. Plus, I'll assume you're way under 25 years old. You don't want to damage your endocrine system.

Besides, it's not that hard to pass the PT tests in the military. Just train hard and get your diet right and you'll make it just fine without any juice.

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    Man whatever shitty shape you think your in now, dont worry about it. Basic Training & AIT will get your ass in good enough shape to pass the APFT. If you still fail you will be recycled to a BCT class that will graduate 4 weeks from your initial graduation date to give you more time to adapt to the Military standards.

Have fun

stpete is offline Banned
    Nah, go in there natural and take care of business. ^^^^ Good points by both and i agree.

BBrian is offline Productive Member
    Yeah dude I couldn't imagine having done a cycle just before I went to boot camp, that would have been a huge mistake. Just keep working on the exercises that you'll be tested on for the particular branch you're joining and you'll be fine.

Like Honkey Kong is saying, if you're way under 25 steroids are not for you right now. I'd hate to see you cycle then have some side affects during basic.

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    i considered the same thing when i was going to marine boot camp in paris island but i never did it and was glad. its not going to help you
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by PT View Post
    i considered the same thing when i was going to marine boot camp in paris island but i never did it and was glad. its not going to help you
    I went to Paris Island too. What year did you go in?

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    I kicked ass in basic. working out for 4 years before going in didn't hurt either.

Just start doing pushups, and situps now. lose some weight. Start running.

in reality, basic is just that.... pretty basic. It's only difficult for those that are not in good shape.,

You'll be fine without taking steroids

cool thanks for the advice.. i am actually 25 and its not really for basic i Plan to join the navy as a diver. Im not really in bad shape but in order to get into dive school of course its expect to do a whole lot better than the requirements.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Bro if you need aas to pass a fitness test you dont need to be in the miltary.Just run your ash off then run some more.

innerg is offline Junior Member
    I dont have the knowledge to pipe in on that at all I just think you are all bad asses for going in. one of my biggest regrets.

scorpion62 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Steriods wont do a thing for you going in to the mob mate , what you need is hill sprints and long fvck off tabs with a sh1t load of weight on your back ,press ups and press ups and sit ups and more of the same ,good luck

tryingtoimprove is offline New Member
    Navy bootcamp pt is a joke man. What you deal with the most is lack of sleep and doing menial jobs like ironing, and folding, and cleaning, and remembering rank insignias and naval history. Trust what evryone on here is saying bro, don't do it before bootcamp. After bootcamp you'll get sent to Pensacola, FL to start your diving "A" school.

cool thanks for the advice.. i am actually 25 and its not really for basic i Plan to join the navy as a diver. Im not really in bad shape but in order to get into dive school of course its expect to do a whole lot better than the requirements.
    Bro, I used to live 1 mile from the US Navy Dive school NAS Panama City, and I hung out with a few of the Navy Divers and the Airforce guys going through CCT school. If you cant pass basic training with a high PT score. You will end up a Boatswains mate on some damn cutter in Iceland. So get your ass in shape well before you go.

So if you want to hang with combat/salvage divers you better get it together as these guys are high speed and no drag

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by BBrian View Post
    I went to Paris Island too. What year did you go in?
    i was in Boot camp like 15 years ago or something. alot has changed in that time and if i had to do it over i sure wouldnt of been there duriing june, july and august again
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by PT View Post
    i was in Boot camp like 15 years ago or something. alot has changed in that time and if i had to do it over i sure wouldnt of been there duriing june, july and august again
    Hah, yeah I went in at May - July myself. I've yet to encounter a more hot and humid environment, talk about brutal. I went in at 1996, sounds like we were there around the same time.

aiight i will take yall's advice and not do it, im sure boot camp is easy but like someone above me said the special ops divers go through similar training physically as seals and shit so its not just some easy shit to get into the school as a diver. plus like the guy above me said if i dont make it then i get stuck with some shitty job on a boat for 4 years basically wasting my time stuck so i got no choice but to make it and now that i think about it i dont really wanna be coming off while im in training

xo3et is offline Productive Member
    100% DO NOT CYCLE

You will be fine at the start then have issues later on. The idea of boot camp is to build people up and up and up. Your not suppose to go in as a machine, its their job to train you.

If you think you need gear then your already loosing a battle, get your head straight and come to terms that YOU CAN DO IT but its going to need some heavy balls and a lot of heart.

Good luck. (X Marine)

aiight i will take yall's advice and not do it, im sure boot camp is easy but like someone above me said the special ops divers go through similar training physically as seals and shit so its not just some easy shit to get into the school as a diver. plus like the guy above me said if i dont make it then i get stuck with some shitty job on a boat for 4 years basically wasting my time stuck so i got no choice but to make it and now that i think about it i dont really wanna be coming off while im in training
    Bro the Navy Dive school has an extremly high attrition rate of about 75%. This pipeline is long and arduous, and requires a stable mindset. Good luck

Thread Information