JackSwole is offline Associate Member

Help with swollen painful glutes... anything to worry over?

I've been running test prop for the last six weeks. I'm alternating injections in my glutes, from right to left, EOD. For the most part, each pin has left my glutes fairly tender, but it would only last a day or two. I was able to deal with the pain on one side while I pinned the other with little to no problems. My last two pins, however, have left my glutes swollen and painful.

If I flex in the mirror, it looks like two softballs (cricket balls for you English types) on either side. My wife is pretty freaked out over it too. I haven't lost any feeling and there is no discoloration either. However, I'm supposed to pin in the morning and I feel my glutes may be out of the question. I'm apprehensive about pinning quads or delts due to the fact that this is my first cycle and everything is virgin muscle, I need to be able to walk and I want to be able to lift my arms too.

So, should I just suck it up and pin the glutes or could I be causing some sort of serious damage here? Are there any home remedies that might help ease the pain and swelling? After each injection, I massage the site and apply a heat pack or ride to work with the heated seats on. Also, I've iced the area, heated it, and iced again in order to get the blood flowing and start some healing, but that has done little to help.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    you need to rotate more. You are doing them to often. which can cause issues like a sterile abscess.
    some people say if you warm the gear before injecting it helps with the pain.
    also you can take some ibuprofen
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

boxin23 is offline Member
    you need to find new sites....go for the quads. really easy to do.

keep an eye on it, but more than likely you are overhitting the same site. especially with prop.

and i understand the virgin muscle but eventually you will have to suck it up and hit them. So might as well get it out of the way

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    As all have said you can't just hit one group of muscles for long.

I'm going to hit the quads in the morning. The only pins I have are 23G 1.5" and 27G .5" - I know 25G 1" is ideal for quads, but which would be the better of my two? Thanks all.

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Hey gixxer.... I hit the quads for the very first time on Wednesday with only 1cc of test e. Talk about virgin muscle. The injection site is still sore today but getting better. I had always done just the glutes and had only rotated side to side.

testfeind123 is offline Junior Member
    The heating pad I'm sorry to say is making it worse bro.. When yu apply the heat it causes the oil to be absorbed faster but some of the esters are left causing irritation.. And it's always good to rotate more than two spots.. Be careful in the quads yu don't hit a nerve. It's scary as hell lol happened to me about a week ago

Quote Originally Posted by 600@50 View Post
    Hey gixxer.... I hit the quads for the very first time on Wednesday with only 1cc of test e. Talk about virgin muscle. The injection site is still sore today but getting better. I had always done just the glutes and had only rotated side to side.
    lol eventually you get used to it all. I rarely get any pain any place. i just did 450 mg's of test into my bicep last night. pain free

DeadlyD is offline Anabolic Member
    I had the exact same problem, I took 2 weeks off the glutes hit quads then back to glutes , after going back to glutes no pain at all, you have to rotate different sites like everyone else is saying, your ass needs a break!

xun_18 is offline Junior Member
    a trick that work for me is i always warm up my gear before injecting and massage it gently for a good 10 min then apply a bit a heat on and ive always been pain free ever since ,had you try to massage the area every so and then during the day but it has to be a gentle pressure not to much, happen to a buddy and that what he told me he was doing and it help alot

prop is the only thing that ever bothers me a bit.....E never has.

Quote Originally Posted by testfeind123 View Post
    The heating pad I'm sorry to say is making it worse bro.. When yu apply the heat it causes the oil to be absorbed faster but some of the esters are left causing irritation.. And it's always good to rotate more than two spots.. Be careful in the quads yu don't hit a nerve. It's scary as hell lol happened to me about a week ago
    Quads are my favorite. its not scary after you've done it a while and realize the best spots. Go slow. And I personally love heat if it is sore as hell. Give me a day at the spa and a massage any day of the week and i guarantee i feel better everywhere.

Thanks everyone. I hit my quad this morning using a 23g. I can honestly say there was no pain during - but now, several hours later I'm feeling it. I'm going for the other quad on Sunday. Hopefully, the discomfort won't interfere with my leg day. I guess alot of this is trial and error and I'll have to figure out what works for me. Still, it'll be good to give my glutes some rest.

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Did squats yesterday after pinning the quad on Wednesday. Did ok but was a little tight at the bottom. No pain at all today. Going for the other quad now!

Thread Information