Thread: Back Acne

NotConvincedYet is offline Associate Member

Back Acne

I have just finished a sust 250, 500mg/wk, 10 week cycle with great success. I am about to start PCT in a weeks time.

The first 5 weeks my skin was glowing. Awesome. And then slowly acne on my back started and been getting worse ever since. My last injection was a week and a half ago, and at the moment I have red blemished spots on my upper back.

How the hell do pro body builders have their skin looking so good. Can anyone recommend what to do to help prevent back acne?

Thanks heaps.

reznor0410 is offline New Member
    hahaha yea i wonder about pro also. i myself get the same thing you are talking about, i mean i guess there are products out there for making it subside a lil dont know any names cuz i never used any but i guess we are just prone to getting acne. my experience is when im off cycle done with pct my acne always fads, sometimes not completely but enough to wear its not a dead give away of a juice user. give it time and it should subside

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NotConvincedYet
    I have just finished a sust 250, 500mg/wk, 10 week cycle with great success. I am about to start PCT in a weeks time.

The first 5 weeks my skin was glowing. Awesome. And then slowly acne on my back started and been getting worse ever since. My last injection was a week and a half ago, and at the moment I have red blemished spots on my upper back.

How the hell do pro body builders have their skin looking so good. Can anyone recommend what to do to help prevent back acne?

Thanks heaps.
    A lot of people here like accutane.

TraPump is offline Junior Member
    proactive should work if you're no longer on otherwise accutane but the sides on that out weigh not having acne imo. next time use an ai to help combat it when you're on. also hygeine is always key especially when you're on, two, three showers a day and fresh sheets each night will help alot. don't lay your back on the same oily sheets or where dirty tshirts tanks etc. hope this helped a little

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    If you want it cleared up fast,,Acne Annihilator by platinum labz is all we use. The stuff works..period,,,and its cheap.

boxin23 is offline Member
    run AI entire cycle along with pantothenic acid (b5), and tanning. or as everyone has suggested accutane. Accutane has sides the ones i suggested do not. you are too late except for acne annihilator and accutane. This is exactly why cycles should be carefully planned out.

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    quick follow-up questions guys.. some people get acne while on cycle, some after cycle...

which part of the cycle caused the acne? the high test? the high estro? the rebound? or the imbalance between test/estro?

KZRSOIZE is offline Associate Member
    Well ive tried it all the above except proactiv, the only thing that works is accutane, its hard on the liver but it works. Be smart about using it every 3rd day or so. And bodybuilders, well i can tell you first hand from my visits to mecca they have boils dude. I dont think these guys really worry about them until they are ready to hit the stage. Some of their skin look great but others are horrible, their tans usually hide it well.

Good luck

Anaval is offline Junior Member
    Just got minocycline from my doc last Wednesday. Pretty much clear now...

Quote Originally Posted by KZRSOIZE View Post
    Well ive tried it all the above except proactiv, the only thing that works is accutane, its hard on the liver but it works. Be smart about using it every 3rd day or so. And bodybuilders, well i can tell you first hand from my visits to mecca they have boils dude. I dont think these guys really worry about them until they are ready to hit the stage. Some of their skin look great but others are horrible, their tans usually hide it well.

Good luck
    I have BB friends and they don't have boils.....that is odd to me.
    They control it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Anaval View Post
    Just got minocycline from my doc last Wednesday. Pretty much clear now...
    oh yeah and i forgot about anti-biotics...and they worked for me very well.

Thanks guys for your replies on this.

To answer your question asiandude, I started getting them at about the six week mark (of a 10wk sus cycle). They have slowly gotten worse. I am at week 12 now so about to start pct and steady. A lot of little ones making skin rough on shoulders and upper back. I cant wax my chest either, cos I did that at about the 6 week mark and it really irritated the skin. I'd been waxing for a good 10 years and never had any troubles!

I think what I'll do next time is use arimdex regardless. I didn't use it this time round as I had no effects of gyno or anything like that. Then if it persists look at accutane. For now though, as I am about to start pct I'll wait until it clears up. Can't wear a singlet at he moment though, dead giveaway and embarressing!

Thanks again guys

On another note, I just went to a fitness expo and saw a pro bodybuilder. He was the overall winner from a comp the night before and walking around the expo posing with his top off. Huge, and shredded. Skin looked flawless, and we were able to see him close up too. They've obviously got it down to a fine art...

DGK
    DGK is offline Member
    I didnt get acne on nay cycle. When i came off my first though boy did i get it, and bad.. The only thign i can figure is when your body starts to reboot your hormones naturally its like puberty all over again. Many things work for many ppl. Just make sure u run your pct right to prevent it, ANd im gonna have to check out that acne anhialator that was talked about up above. whe re can i find that at

bradhore is offline Member
    Mine is hurrendous!! if your in england then buy QUINEDERM, good stuff, cheap too. contains benzyl peroxide. dries the skin out. dont use accutane, can cause very bad skin on area's of your skin which isnt very oily

DGK
    DGK is offline Member
    I use to think that drying the skin out was the way to go too.. After talking with a dermatologist after my first cycle, she informed me that drying the skin out actually will make your body produce more oil and create a worse breakout.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    My woman got a back scrubber at "Big Lots" for me for only $4. Looks a little bit like this. Allows me to scrub the fukc outta my back and really seems to help

bradhore is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DGK View Post
    I use to think that drying the skin out was the way to go too.. After talking with a dermatologist after my first cycle, she informed me that drying the skin out actually will make your body produce more oil and create a worse breakout.
    so what is the way to go??

adamjames is offline Member
    my mate reported bad acne when he started his AI 4 weeks into his 10 week test dbol cycle, strange because the high estrogen is supposed to be the cause of it

nice back scrubber roman i dont get acne but i want 1

alexISthrowed is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I've had the best success with vitamin b5. Accutane fvcked with my head pretty bad but it works.

Awesome_Archy is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by asiandude View Post
    quick follow-up questions guys.. some people get acne while on cycle, some after cycle...

which part of the cycle caused the acne? the high test? the high estro? the rebound? or the imbalance between test/estro?
    From my understanding its the high Estrogen and the AI should help, but like all side effects genetics play a huge role in what side-effects hit you the hardest. I have two friends who can both run the exact same cycle and one starts to loose his hair and the other breaks out.

AD
    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome_Archy View Post
    From my understanding its the high Estrogen and the AI should help, but like all side effects genetics play a huge role in what side-effects hit you the hardest. I have two friends who can both run the exact same cycle and one starts to loose his hair and the other breaks out.
    thats quite true, genetics definitely plays a large part.

but i had always had the impression that acne is from the test. boys going thru puberty tend to get it more than girls. i found this paragraph on wiki..

Hormonal

Hormonal activity, such as menstrual cycles and puberty, may contribute to the formation of acne. During puberty, an increase in male sex hormones called androgens cause the follicular glands to grow larger and make more sebum.[17] Use of anabolic steroids may have a similar effect.[18] Several hormones have been linked to acne: the androgens testosterone , dihydrotestosterone (DHT) and dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate (DHEAS), as well as insulin -like growth factor 1 (IGF-I).

Development of acne vulgaris in later years is uncommon, although this is the age group for rosacea, which may have similar appearances. True acne vulgaris in adult women may be a feature of an underlying condition such as pregnancy and disorders such as polycystic ovary syndrome or the rare Cushing's syndrome. Menopause-associated acne occurs as production of the natural anti-acne ovarian hormone estradiol fails at menopause. The lack of estradiol also causes thinning hair, hot flushes, thin skin, wrinkles, vaginal dryness, and predisposes to osteopenia and osteoporosis as well as triggering acne (known as acne climacterica in this situation).

but what confused me was why some juicers get the acne only during pct or some even after pct, where logically the test is highest during cycle.

maybe thats where Archy, your answer comes in again. it may be genetics.. different genetic, different people are prone to get acne at different times.

thanks for your reply, arch

I think I got this. In the body natural response to maintain balance, any time the Test levels are ellivated soi must be the estrogen lvls. This is true in both Test cycles and Puberty. When starting PCT you gennerally wait a couple weeks after your last pin to allow the test to subside and don't ryn an AI during this time. Your bodys test levels are low and estro levels normal and its not untill your PCT kicks in and you can naturally balance it out that you lose the sides. I could be WAY wrong with this, but I think it makes since. Lol also I'm sending this from my phone so for any text speak I appologize.

AD
    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome_Archy View Post
    I think I got this. In the body natural response to maintain balance, any time the Test levels are ellivated soi must be the estrogen lvls. This is true in both Test cycles and Puberty. When starting PCT you gennerally wait a couple weeks after your last pin to allow the test to subside and don't ryn an AI during this time. Your bodys test levels are low and estro levels normal and its not untill your PCT kicks in and you can naturally balance it out that you lose the sides. I could be WAY wrong with this, but I think it makes since. Lol also I'm sending this from my phone so for any text speak I appologize.
    ya, possibly the imbalance between the 2, and not just a high test or a high estro.
    Last edited by AD; 04-01-2012 at 12:29 AM.

Yes, that's exactly what I was trying to say. I just can't type very fast with this BlackBerry and may have lost my train of thought during that last post.

Thread Information