Thread: PCT when on TRT

Chx beach 79 is offline Senior Member

PCT when on TRT

Getting info to start first cycle with anything other than test. I am on TRT. Do I need any PCT? Do I just go back to my prescribed dose of test when done? Should I continue with the AI for a while after I finish the other compounds?

Any info would be great!

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    No PCT when on TRT. You simply return to your TRT dose.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chx beach 79
    Getting info to start first cycle with anything other than test. I am on TRT. Do I need any PCT? Do I just go back to my prescribed dose of test when done? Should I continue with the AI for a while after I finish the other compounds?

Any info would be great!
    What is your cycle plan Chx?

If you are going to use TRT to cruise between cycles, PCT isn't essential but HCG would be good to have on hand.

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    What is your cycle plan Chx?

If you are going to use TRT to cruise between cycles, PCT isn't essential but HCG would be good to have on hand.
    ^^^This whats the plan?
    Do you use an AI with your HRT protocol and HCG . Lay it out and we can advise.

I don't know yet. I've been just trying to do a lot of research first. I was thinking deca 250mg a week for 12 weeks. What are your thoughts about a good starter compound?

Quote Originally Posted by fit2bOld

^^^This whats the plan?
    Do you use an AI with your HRT protocol and HCG. Lay it out and we can advise.
    I never use a AI on HRT. My doc does keep me a rx of anazole and tomaxifan in case I needed it. I take the test gels but consistently keep my test levels between 900 and 1100. We have been dialing it in for a couple of years.

I never use a AI on HRT. My doc does keep me a rx of anazole and tomaxifan in case I needed it. I take the test gels but consistently keep my test levels between 900 and 1100. We have been dialing it in for a couple of years.
    How often do you have an estrogen sensitive assay done? A lot of guys think the only reason to take an AI is to prevent gyno effects. There are many other reasons....in fact, elevated estrogen is a significant risk for stroke, DVTs, and stroke.

My doctor checks blood every 90 days. RBC, test, cholesterol, cortisol, free test, estrogen, and a bunch more he never gives me the analysis just calls and tells me if everything looks good, we haven't had any problems in 5 years. He assures me that if you raise levels very slowly there are way fewer sides. I do trust home he hasn't led me astray yet.

My doctor checks blood every 90 days. RBC, test, cholesterol, cortisol, free test, estrogen, and a bunch more he never gives me the analysis just calls and tells me if everything looks good, we haven't had any problems in 5 years. He assures me that if you raise levels very slowly there are way fewer sides. I do trust home he hasn't led me astray yet.
    I'm curious.....any chance he's using subQ over IM.

Glad he's doing regular BW!

Nope, all gel believe it or not. 3 pumps of gel on shoulders and 2 pumps of inner thigh. He swears that's the way to got to keep levels more even. I apply twice a day.

A lot of work and gels!

Nope, all gel believe it or not. 3 pumps of gel on shoulders and 2 pumps of inner thigh. He swears that's the way to got to keep levels more even. I apply twice a day.

A lot of work and gels!
    Actually, I think you referenced that earlier - my bad, sorry. Yes gels certainly provide a more stable baseline and are easier to apply.
    Last edited by MuscleInk; 11-01-2012 at 07:22 PM.

Chief N~ is offline New Member
    That's quite amazing concerning the gels. I used gel testosterone a few years ago when I was beginning TRT and and it didn't work for me at all. Test didn't go up a bit, actually went down. IM is where its at IMO.

I wouldn't even do a cycle if I were you though. Those levels are nice and high already. Good luck.

Yes good advice. But you know it's never enough!

Thread Information