Thread: Cutting cycle

Get hench Die Trying is offline Associate Member
    Hi all

Just curious about this was wondering if anyone had done a cutting cycle of test prop (maybe tren a or var as well) but at the same time carb cycle.

I was wondering would it be advisable due to the low cals on your low carb days.

I was wondering if because of the carb cycling would you still be getting in enough cals for the aas to do there work or would you not see the results due to the cycling of carbs

Hope this makes sense if it dont let me know and I'll try make myself more clear
    Last edited by Get hench Die Trying; 07-01-2012 at 11:22 AM.

stpete is offline Banned
    Never been a fan of carb cycling. My carb intake stays pretty much the same year round w/the exception of bulking. When cutting, i just employ more cardio. But i'm happy w/12-14% bf. I used to get down to single digits but felt drained all the time. But to answer your question, yes, they will still work assuming the rest of your diet is up to par. Mainly meaning protein intake.

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Of all the diets I have tried and implemented on others I can say carb cycling has been the most effective way of getting rid of body fat. It is also extremely effective at maintanining low bodyfat levels while slowly adding quality muscle as well.

slimshady01 is offline Senior Member
    i like carb cycling it keeps your body guessing and helps your metabolism stay high.

Ill go something like 60 carbs a day for 3 days in a row, 30 pre an post then the rest of my meals are protien veggies and healthy fats... Then on a 3rd or 4th day ill go 200-300 carbs drop protein a bit and drop all fats minus trace fats from food. This replenishes glycogen, helps rev the metabolism and im at the same calorie range due to dropping fats and protein that day. Then on sundays ill go higher carb and a cheat meal at night. Monday chest day my skin is feels like its going to be ripped open from the pump i get.

Ive been doing this so far this summer and keeping nice lean abs in.

Remember taking AAS on a cut you are only trying to maintain and slow muscle loss. YOu are not trying to grow keep that for your bulk.

My goals are keep muscle grow a little bit not tons and try to get from 10% bf to whatever I can below it do you think it is doable or won't I gain anything at all?

U may gain a little depending on what yoru running and how good your diet is. I just wouldnt make that your goal. Keep cutting cycles to burn fat and retain as much muscle as possible and keep bulk cycles to gaining your mass.

I was thinking along the lines of test prop 500-750mg a week with some var added in my diet is always dialled in I went from 115kg down to 80kg with just diet and training alone so I would say I know something about dieting on my carb cycle pro will be around 270g a day fat will be 49g and cycle the carbs from 150g on mod and 300 on high days. I reckon I should gain some mass and lose some body fat it's not unheard of doing both of them at the same time

stpete is offline Banned
    Not unheard of, but rare. I once lost weight (early in my cycle years) during a test, deca , d-bol cycle. Got strong as hell w/about 10% bf. But, i was eating Mu-Huang like it was going out of style. It was very unhealthy and i crashed for about 4 weeks after.

Are you competing or just for fun?

Just for the fun ok it me and my beautiful mrs are going on holiday in November so I want to be as good looking as her on the beach.

I reckon with diet bang on cardio and juice used in the right way it can be done or am I living in fairy land??

whats your stats

I'm 5'09 84kg 9 point calliper test shows me at 10% bf been training for about 7-8 years solid if not more I lost count and 25 years old

What do people think about combining the to carb cycling and AAS cycling?? Any thoughts on this not just the carb cycling?! The goal is to get lean gains and burn fat at the same time??

Come on your telling me no one has done this before I'm sure someone must of done this for contest prep or something

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    hench for myself the question isnt so much about combining carb cycling with a steroid cycle but moreso which compounds would be the most ideal pair for a cutting cycle and what could u expect to gain out of running a cutting "cycle" vs just cutting natty??? thats what i wanna know.. im thinking test/tren ...

we know the carb cycle will work cuz it works very well alone.. just whats going to be the advantage to adding compounds beside hanging onto LBM.. can u run more of a caloric deficit or will u be able to cut down to a lower bf% simply by having the AAS present???

BTW i didnt mean to jack ur thread but im thinking these are questions u may have as well since we talkd about this in the diet section

if your at 10% now you must have a decent diet or godly genetics... Start your cycle and slowly lower carbs from where you are at now. Try not to lose more then 1.5 lbs a week. If you stall either up your cardio or lower cals.

Dave Palumbo Cutting diet also works well... I rotate between that and my own carb cycling...

But botton line its calories you consume and cardio.. Gear will just help protect that hard earned muscle... Test Tren is a good combo and can add some lean mass as well.

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---
    hench for myself the question isnt so much about combining carb cycling with a steroid cycle but moreso which compounds would be the most ideal pair for a cutting cycle and what could u expect to gain out of running a cutting "cycle" vs just cutting natty??? thats what i wanna know.. im thinking test/tren ...

we know the carb cycle will work cuz it works very well alone.. just whats going to be the advantage to adding compounds beside hanging onto LBM.. can u run more of a caloric deficit or will u be able to cut down to a lower bf% simply by having the AAS present???

BTW i didnt mean to jack ur thread but im thinking these are questions u may have as well since we talkd about this in the diet section
    No problem mate that is pretty much what I wanted to know but u had a better way of saying it.

Another thing I wanted to know was how to low cals would affect you taking AAS like would because of the low cals would that pretty much just maintain muscle or would you see some size gain with the low cals if this has already been answered sorry I am someone who needs to be told yes you will gain muscle or no because of the low cal you will just maintain it

Thread Information