greenwell001 is offline Member

Jason Feruggia's Renagade Diet while on a cycle....thoughts?

Whats up everybody,

For anyone not familiar with it, its basically a 16 hr fasting period starting with your last meal of the previous day, then a 4 hr undereating period (just green veggies and no more than 20-30 grams of protein). After that you hit your workout then there is the overeating period where you eat clean starchy carbs, green veggies,fruit and load up on protein (alll you can eat spaced out in a couple meals within 2-3 hrs). The idea behind it is to keep insulin levels low all day and have an enormous anabolic spike post workout (trying to create more igh and insulin sensitivity). i have been doing it about 2 months and i am down to 8% body fat from 14% and still have made decent strenth gains. I am going to start my first cycle in a long time with some test and equibol and want to stay pretty lean but will not consuming calories equally throughout the day compromise gaining the mass that i want. I am thinking i can get a good 15 lbs of lean muscle mass on a normal bulking diet. What do you guys think?

maybe i have posted this in the wrong forum, can you not post dietary questions on this forum?

Super-Chump is offline Associate Member
    There is a nutrition section in this forum...

frsttmer is offline Associate Member
    16hr fasting everyday? I couldnt handle that. How long are you planning on doing that?

Quote Originally Posted by frsttmer View Post
    16hr fasting everyday? I couldnt handle that. How long are you planning on doing that?
    The fasting starts after last meal of previous day, so if my last meal was at 9pm I would not eat anything until 3 pm the next day........I know guys that have done this over a year......this is what I do

Fasting phase
    Wake up, drink black coffee, 2 cups max
    Try to get in most my water for the day in this period(I weigh 205 so I need 100 oz. Of water/ day)
    Get my cardio in while my body is in sympathetic mode(fat burning mode)

3:00pm (under eating phase)
    Break my fast with athletic greens, and Bcaa's and a little later get about 25 grams of protein or spinach salad with lots of veggies and some almonds.

The key here is not to put your body in catasympthetic mode because you are trying to raise your insulin sensitivity, so you try to keep your insulin levels at baseline during these two phases. The better the insulin sensitivity the, the better the igf sensitivity, the better the anabolic response.

I train for athletic strength and power, not bodybuilding so I train very intense for 45-60 min so i dont raise cortisol levels which in turn raise estrogen levels and inflamation.

After my workout then the over eating phase begins

Grass Fed beef, salmon,eggs or other high quality proteins
    for carbs I use yams, potatoes, starchy veggies, if I have no other choice I will use rice. I will eat a couple pretty good size meals within 3hr window. No less than 230 grams of protein or 300 grams of carbs.

If you done your job in the gym its almost impossible for your body to store fat during the over eating period since your insulin levels should be through the roof. Its more of a lifestyle than a diet.

Thread Information