Chris303 is offline New Member

Cool Need a little help guys!

Hey gents!

Brand new here, looking to spice up my physical conditions!
    I'm 26 and Im looking for some great advice for starters. Never once used steroids before, but that doesn't mean I've neglected the thought.

Umm small breakdown:

6"5
    185 pounds
    Slim build....
    I have tried increasing calorie intake a few times..
    If you saw me, you wouldn't think im 185
    I have tried anyone's and everyone's awesome work out plans... Can't seem to get that thick look im looking for guys. Are steroids the way to go? Help me out please.

I would like some advice from guys who have been in my boat I guess, or share similar view points.

Many thanks!
    Chris
    Last edited by Chris303; 08-02-2012 at 03:23 PM.

Judah is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris303
    Hey gents!

Brad new here, looking to spice up my physical conditions!
    I'm 26 and Im looking for some great advice for starters. Never once used steroids before, but that doesn't mean I've neglected the thought.

Umm small breakdown:

6"5
    185 pounds
    Slim build....
    I have tried increasing calorie intake a few times..
    If you saw me, you wouldn't think im 185
    I have tried anyone's and everyone's awesome work out plans... Can't seem to get that thick look im looking for guys. Are steroids the way to go? Help me out please.

I would like some advice from guys who have been in my boat I guess, or share similar view points.

Many thanks!
    Chris
    Welcome to the forum!

Admittedly I did not grow up a skinny kid, I was able to put on muscle pretty easily. I was not a genetic freak but I was definitely exceptional. That being said I've been around numerous individuals with your exact body type, and I can promise you it is possible to get the build that you're looking for without steroids. One word eat eat eat and eat more. My experiences with individuals with your body type who have achieved a thick muscular build all had one thing in common, they literally had to eat so much every day to the point that it made them feel uncomfortable. If you want to accomplish this naturally you're going to have to get used to the idea of eating so much that you feel uncomfortable. It won't be uncomfortable for ever you will get used to it but it is tough in the beginning. This is just one piece of the puzzle but in your situation it is the biggest piece.

Hey Judah,

Yeah! Thanks for the good advice! Congrats on having a natural build, that's hard to come by man.
    I am a slave to my crappy kitchen, seems like my jaw is the strongest part of my body due to the chomping I do.. Well with all this eating I seem to get stuck on 185lbs I'll eat eat eat than wake up and next day I'm still 185 sometimes a little lower.... Driving me crazy..

Well like everyone, I saw the new batman.. Bane is kinda of a bad a$$ and I would like to put 30 lbs of pure thick muscle on too!
    I guess I just need a good sense of direction brother

I have goals, I just don't have the manual to get it all assembled

-Chris

stpete is offline Banned
    Diet is key. Here's a couple links from the Nutrition Section that might help get you in the right direction. Also, feel free to post up your current diet and we can help tweak it to best suit your goals.

http://forums.steroid.com/forumdispl...S#.UBrsuU2PVjY

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread....#.UBrtfk2PVjY

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread....#.UBruWU2PVjY

Lots of great posts and answers over there everyday. I suggest you head over there and check it out.

Good Luck

swm1972 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Diet is certainly the most important piece of the puzzle. That said at your height it will be more difficult for you to look 'thick'. You will need a lot more mass for it to be visible on your frame. That's why most competitive bodybuilders have a more compact size.

Hey

Here is the eating Schedual

Pre work out:
    2 fish oil 200 mg
    1 just for men multivitamin
    Ameno energy drink\with water 4 scoop 20 calories

After work out:
    3 scoops 100% whey 360 calories

Breakfast:
    1 1/2 cups of oats (oatmeal) 350 calories
    Whole eggs X5 scrambled /w whole milk mix 350 calories
    1/2 cup of blueberries ??? Calories
    2 slices of wheat bread 160 calories

Lunch:
    Thin cut steak / chicken breast 340 calories
    Green beans 80 calories
    Chopped sweet potatoes 225 calories
    Sour dough bread /3 slices 160 calories
    Glass of whole milk 150 calories

Third meal:
    Buttered noodles with steak and cheese 500 calories
    Chicken noodle soup 160
    Gatorade 80 calories

Dinner:
    Steak cut 300 calories
    Green beans 80 calories
    Sweet potatoes 225 calories
    Spinach salad with ranch dressing 270 calories
    2 slices of sour dough bread 100 calories

Throughout the day I drink plenty of water and Gatorade for carbohydrates..

Let me know man!

kbronss is offline Junior Member
    The problem that WE have (im like you) is that u have to eat A LOT but it also has to be clean food, something that i just couldnt do. So even though i did gain weight and muscle, i lost definition and my abs are now covered. Ive been all the way down to 150lbs and back up to 185 in a few months. The bad thing is that i have not been able to get defined again even with all the weight gone. The result being just a "thicker" version of you, not necesseraly a more muscular version of you. If u are already defined and not just thin, then i would be careful with what u eat. The good thing is that u can only go up.

Judah is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swm1972
    Diet is certainly the most important piece of the puzzle. That said at your height it will be more difficult for you to look 'thick'. You will need a lot more mass for it to be visible on your frame. That's why most competitive bodybuilders have a more compact size.
    Excellent info

Judah is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris303
    Hey Judah,

Yeah! Thanks for the good advice! Congrats on having a natural build, that's hard to come by man.
    I am a slave to my crappy kitchen, seems like my jaw is the strongest part of my body due to the chomping I do.. Well with all this eating I seem to get stuck on 185lbs I'll eat eat eat than wake up and next day I'm still 185 sometimes a little lower.... Driving me crazy..

Well like everyone, I saw the new batman.. Bane is kinda of a bad a$$ and I would like to put 30 lbs of pure thick muscle on too!
    I guess I just need a good sense of direction brother

I have goals, I just don't have the manual to get it all assembled

-Chris
    Sure thing! Some other note worthy stuff...

Your 25, it maybe a while, and I certainly would not wait for this, but for your body type you will probably notice it easier to pack on size when you hit your 30's and you start getting your "man body"

I don't necessarily recommend this because you should be concentrating on overall gains right now not specific body parts but lol...certain body parts are viewed as powerful looking. Perfect example...I have a skinny friend who just through genetic luck has a big powerful neck and traps. Even though he's a scrawny little fu-ck everyone sort of doesn't view him as that because of his neck and traps. I'm a good example too...my body fat is 20.6% and weigh close to 230lbs. Sound kinda fat right? Nobody guesses my weight correct they are usually 30lbs off. Some guys look fat with 20% BF others don't. It's all about how your weight is distributed and your muscle composition. Just throwing it out there to give you things to think about.

This next one is tough to swallow for some. Everyone says eat clean eat clean eat clean. This is correct but...you cant be afraid to sacrifice som LBM. There is a reason why big thick powerful power lifters are...well, big but not ripped. I have a saying "don't be afraid to get fat" I don't mean this literally, but it's that "omg I don't have a 6 pack anymore!" pus-sy ass shit that keeps people from real massive gains.
    Last edited by Judah; 08-02-2012 at 07:01 PM.

John Andrew is offline Member
    Mate, being so tall and light you must eat properly. It must be the focus of your regimen. Train heavy, as much and as often as you can.

My very good friend in Australia who was your size and weight in 1972, he added 80 lbs with diet. Later he became masters Mr Australia. He used steroids after many years of diet and training.

I power lift. I can vary my weight by 60 lbs just with diet, you must adjust your mind to what you consume. At age 56 I am stronger than ever before, I have now used steroids for 6 years. They were started due to injuries and on medical advice. I now live where I can purchase them legally. They should be used only when you have reached the absolute peak of your natural ability.

This lifestyle is not for everybody. Most people find family, work or other things more important than training. So it should be. There are only a few of us old men competing, we do it because we love it! I cannot imagine a life without pain! But its a great ego boost to know with certainty that when you walk in a room you are the strongest man there.

There is no limit to what you can do, the ball is in your court. I hope you reach your goals. Good luck. John

Quote Originally Posted by Judah View Post
    Sure thing! Some other note worthy stuff...

Your 25, it maybe a while, and I certainly would not wait for this, but for your body type you will probably notice it easier to pack on size when you hit your 30's and you start getting your "man body"

I don't necessarily recommend this because you should be concentrating on overall gains right now not specific body parts but lol...certain body parts are viewed as powerful looking. Perfect example...I have a skinny friend who just through genetic luck has a big powerful neck and traps. Even though he's a scrawny little fu-ck everyone sort of doesn't view him as that because of his neck and traps. I'm a good example too...my body fat is 20.6% and weigh close to 230lbs. Sound kinda fat right? Nobody guesses my weight correct they are usually 30lbs off. Some guys look fat with 20% BF others don't. It's all about how your weight is distributed and your muscle composition. Just throwing it out there to give you things to think about.

This next one is tough to swallow for some. Everyone says eat clean eat clean eat clean. This is correct but...you cant be afraid to sacrifice som LBM. There is a reason why big thick powerful power lifters are...well, big but not ripped. I have a saying "don't be afraid to get fat" I don't mean this literally, but it's that "omg I don't have a 6 pack anymore!" pus-sy ass shit that keeps people from real massive gains.

ahhh sh-it, Ive got to wait until the world end to get the body I want f*(&!, yeah I agree with you, If I wanted six pack I would never eat... that's stupid! I want mass so I can lift insane amounts of weight or become naturally powerful not to be a show peace of worthless crap, so the ladies will touch my tummy... I'm already married and I get the pleasures of what comes with marriage; a fight, a migraine, make-up sex.

good post man.

Quote Originally Posted by John Andrew View Post
    Mate, being so tall and light you must eat properly. It must be the focus of your regimen. Train heavy, as much and as often as you can.

My very good friend in Australia who was your size and weight in 1972, he added 80 lbs with diet. Later he became masters Mr Australia. He used steroids after many years of diet and training.

I power lift. I can vary my weight by 60 lbs just with diet, you must adjust your mind to what you consume. At age 56 I am stronger than ever before, I have now used steroids for 6 years. They were started due to injuries and on medical advice. I now live where I can purchase them legally. They should be used only when you have reached the absolute peak of your natural ability.

This lifestyle is not for everybody. Most people find family, work or other things more important than training. So it should be. There are only a few of us old men competing, we do it because we love it! I cannot imagine a life without pain! But its a great ego boost to know with certainty that when you walk in a room you are the strongest man there.

There is no limit to what you can do, the ball is in your court. I hope you reach your goals. Good luck. John
    Hey John,

Is there something I'm not properly eating? If I have to I'll eat red meat every meal all day long like a wolf. Posted above is my diet^ seems like my hunger prevails even after a good meal, financially I don't know if I could keep up!

Thread Information