Thread: TRT guidance

standardtampaguy is offline New Member

TRT guidance

Background
    35 years old, 5' 7", 215lbs, body fat prolly close to 26%
    Test level: 238, usable 84

I'm starting my TRT (again) at the advice of my doctor (saw 2 doctors and an endocrinologist). I'm used to 200mg, 1 x week in previous cycles, but I recently changed to 150mg, 2 x week (Mon, Thurs). The peak/valley feeling is gone..thankfully.

So...I'm in week 3, and I've gained some weight....I feel a little bloated, and notice I've gained almost 6lbs.

Workouts: I had surgery on my left arm, so I couldn't lift for a while, but I've been doing about 40 miles a week on average in bicycling. I just started week 2 in the gym as well.

My questions:

1) Being Im not new to cypionate , but am new to 2 x week injections....will the 2 x week dosage impact my bottom line results?

2) 300mg a week feels good...I don't feel overly hyped (looking forward to more blood work in about 6 weeks). Will this dosage be of concern in water retention?

3) This is a permanent solution....not on/off cycle. I've noticed since I started biking in end of June, and especially last 2 weeks, I am always hungry. Side effect of test?

4) I was considering staking a prohormone with the cyp (albeit I'm aware of the liver impacts)...because I can't get other gear...but only for a short period (aka cycle). Is this bad considering I'll be on test the rest of my life?

I've got some threads I'm researching on for more info, but I thought Id get these questions out there since I couldn't find the answers in my search immediatley.

Oh, my goals. Pretty simple. I want to have great energy, lose about 15lbs (i'm stocky....previous 6 years exp in the gym)....and have a maintanable healthy lifestyle.

Cheers.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Ask admin to move your post here or just copy and make a new post. You will get the help you are looking for.

http://forums.steroid.com/forumdispl...g#.UB_J87pXZv8

Are you saying you do 150mg 2x a week or 75mg 2x a week?. Do you have recent blood work at this level to show it's the right amount?
    Last edited by lovbyts; 08-06-2012 at 08:19 AM.

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    The sides you are having can be from estrogen, are you taking an AI? Did your Dr. give you HCG to preserve testicular function.

Come over to the TRT forum post your blood work/protocol and the guys will help you figure this out.

Quote Originally Posted by standardtampaguy View Post
    Background
    35 years old, 5' 7", 215lbs, body fat prolly close to 26%
    Test level: 238, usable 84

I'm starting my TRT (again) at the advice of my doctor (saw 2 doctors and an endocrinologist). I'm used to 200mg, 1 x week in previous cycles, but I recently changed to 150mg, 2 x week (Mon, Thurs). The peak/valley feeling is gone..thankfully.

So...I'm in week 3, and I've gained some weight....I feel a little bloated, and notice I've gained almost 6lbs.

Workouts: I had surgery on my left arm, so I couldn't lift for a while, but I've been doing about 40 miles a week on average in bicycling. I just started week 2 in the gym as well.

My questions:

1) Being Im not new to cypionate , but am new to 2 x week injections....will the 2 x week dosage impact my bottom line results?
    It's actually better to inject more often than not. Even with Cyp your body can tell when there is a variance in Test.

2) 300mg a week feels good...I don't feel overly hyped (looking forward to more blood work in about 6 weeks). Will this dosage be of concern in water retention?
    Longer the ester, the more water is retained in the body to break down the ester. Test Cyp is a long ester so you'll retain more water than Test Prop. The upside is that you don't have to inject as often. 300mg/wk for TRT seems pretty high. The normal dose for TRT is about 100mg/wk.

3) This is a permanent solution....not on/off cycle. I've noticed since I started biking in end of June, and especially last 2 weeks, I am always hungry. Side effect of test?
    You're building more muscles so your body's telling you it needs more food. Pretty natural.

4) I was considering staking a prohormone with the cyp (albeit I'm aware of the liver impacts)...because I can't get other gear...but only for a short period (aka cycle). Is this bad considering I'll be on test the rest of my life?
    IMO, you don't need prohormones you have plenty of Test. Give the Test time, you'll grow. You also need to be paying attention to your diet. If you want to be lean stay away from sodium, simple carbs, sugar.

I've got some threads I'm researching on for more info, but I thought Id get these questions out there since I couldn't find the answers in my search immediatley.

Oh, my goals. Pretty simple. I want to have great energy, lose about 15lbs (i'm stocky....previous 6 years exp in the gym)....and have a maintanable healthy lifestyle.

Cheers.
    Losing weight is a matter of diet not really about AAS.

Hey thanks all. Appreciate the kind and quick responses. sorry for posting in the wrong forum! I'll check out the other TRT forum.

Admin, can this thread be moved as suggested?

150, twice a week. Im planning on reducing to 100 twice a week after about 6-8 weeks. Just a lil kick start! (i do feel slightly guilty)

Thread Information