Thread: Expired Gear

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer

Expired Gear

I found some gear in my stash that expired aug of 2010. I do not want it to go to waste so i am going to use it for my next cycle. Its Test e 250 mg/ml. It has been stored in my safe so if anything i assume it may have lost some potency? I have ran Test cycles as high as 600 mg per week with no sides besides feeling great. I was thinking to run this at 750 per week because of the possible loss in potency? any thoughts?

Atomini is offline Banned
    Probably didn't lose potency but if I were you, i'd re-filter it through a whatman filter and perhaps also re-add some BA to the solution.

I would be more concerned about contamination.

Thanks bro! you think it could be contaminated even though the vials are unopened?

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Agreed, although Test E tends to oxidize as a powder once its brewed ( assuming its a normal blend of BA/BB and Veg Oil) if stored properly it keeps pretty good (not as good as cyp in CSO which keeps for ages) but pretty good. As long as it looks normal then its most likely as you say just some "minor" loss of potency.
    Last edited by Far from massive; 08-04-2012 at 09:28 AM. Reason: To add minor to loss of potency

Hers is my 2 cents,

As long as they were not punctured and were kept in a cool dry place under stable pressure ( planes and car rides are hard on septum topped gear) its unlikly but it never hurts to refilter and add a percent of BA if you have it available.

kbronss is offline Junior Member
    its been expired for two years now? and its still good? i was worried because mine expires in sept of this year...then im good to go.

DeadlyD is offline Anabolic Member
    Its fine, as stated above aslong as the seal hasn't been tampered with and it was stored properly and it looks fine id use it.

Just to explain, in the US at least, pharma's are atomatically given a two year shelf by the FDA on stuff like this. They are free to prove it lasts longer and have the shelf extended, however all that will do is to lower the profits of the drug companies, pharmacies, doctors etc.. see where I am going with this LOL. Most major UGL's have followed thier lead for the same reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Far from massive View Post
    Just to explain, in the US at least, pharma's are atomatically given a two year shelf by the FDA on stuff like this. They are free to prove it lasts longer and have the shelf extended, however all that will do is to lower the profits of the drug companies, pharmacies, doctors etc.. see where I am going with this LOL. Most major UGL's have followed thier lead for the same reasons.
    Now this really makes a lot of sense. Anyone think i am over thinking the potency and that 750 ew could be overkill?

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jim230027 View Post
    I found some gear in my stash that expired aug of 2010. I do not want it to go to waste so i am going to use it for my next cycle. Its Test e 250 mg/ml. It has been stored in my safe so if anything i assume it may have lost some potency? I have ran Test cycles as high as 600 mg per week with no sides besides feeling great. I was thinking to run this at 750 per week because of the possible loss in potency? any thoughts?

If it was stored well its probably just fine and most likely hasnt lost its potentcy either.

Thread Information