MikeRotch is offline New Member

What cycle would you recommend to an ecto guy, struggling to gain weight?

Well, I know I'm probably going to be made fun of, but I really have very very limited knowledge of steroids . I'm just looking for a safe as possible way to gain muscle faster.

What would you recommend? (I'd very much like to avoid injecting myself with stuff)

Also, I'm working out 4 times a week, with some of the most basic exercises (Deadlifting, bench pressing, squats) It's a 2 day split.

I'm 21, just for the record.
    Last edited by MikeRotch; 09-27-2012 at 09:40 AM.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Height weight.
    Honestly learning to eat and eat a lot is key.
    Try the nutrition section.
    Do you know your tdee?

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeRotch View Post
    Well, I know I'm probably going to be made fun of, but I really have very very limited knowledge of steroids . I'm just looking for a safe as possible way to gain muscle faster.

What would you recommend? (I'd very much like to avoid injecting myself with stuff)

Also, I'm working out 4 times a week, with some of the most basic exercises (Deadlifting, bench pressing, squats) It's a 2 day split.

I'm 21, just for the record.
    Mike, nobody here is going to make fun of you (well maybe a littlee but it is all in good fun). Since by your own admission you have very limited knowledge in steroids then I might suggest that you make yourself part of the community here. Read ALOT over the next few years and ask questions. You have a diverse group of experts here that can help tweak your diet, exercise routine and supplementaion.

Please stick around and become a sponge for a while...welcome!

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    Nothing.

You dont want to inject anything so no cycle will work for you.

Also you state your knowledge is limited...

So why not arm yourself with knowledge and do research for another year or so.

Maybe youll get over not wanting to inject during that year and then youll be good to go.

Until then... stop thinking about cycling.

P.s. Dont be a turd and go for an oral only cycle. Waste of time, money and energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    Height weight.
    Honestly learning to eat and eat a lot is key.
    Try the nutrition section.
    Do you know your tdee?
    Well, I've been working out for 3 years now, and making some pretty steady gains, but eating enough is tough.

Also, I'm 5'9/177 and weigh 142/64kg.

And my tdee is around 2500 I reckon. I'm having a hard time finding an exact calculator, every single calculator gives me different results. But currently I'm eating 3k a day, and gaining slowly.. I'd just really like to avoid gaining fat, since I have a hard time gaining weight, I hate having to cut, and losing a bit of muscle in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    Mike, nobody here is going to make fun of you (well maybe a littlee but it is all in good fun). Since by your own admission you have very limited knowledge in steroids then I might suggest that you make yourself part of the community here. Read ALOT over the next few years and ask questions. You have a diverse group of experts here that can help tweak your diet, exercise routine and supplementaion.

Please stick around and become a sponge for a while...welcome!
    Thanks for the welcome! And I'll take your advice and read up. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dukkitdalaw View Post
    Nothing.

You dont want to inject anything so no cycle will work for you.

Also you state your knowledge is limited...

So why not arm yourself with knowledge and do research for another year or so.

Maybe youll get over not wanting to inject during that year and then youll be good to go.

Until then... stop thinking about cycling.

P.s. Dont be a turd and go for an oral only cycle. Waste of time, money and energy.
    Hmm, I was under the impression that orals were okay? I'm not looking for massive gains anyhow, just a moderate improvement would be enough for me! But, I'll read up... Thanks!
    Last edited by MikeRotch; 09-27-2012 at 09:55 AM.

Oral are okay... if used with an injectable.

Running an oral only will still shut down your natural testosterone production.
    And well... thats no good.

So you need to use an injectable test with the oral.

Plus... oral only gains will just go away after you stop the oral. The gains are mostly water weight.

As for gaining weight naturally...

If you are truly an ecto... then you dont have to worry about gaining excess body fat.

And you are not eating enough.

Eat more.

Dont be afraid to splurge.

If you feel like youre getting soft and not big... up the intensity of your training.

Add in more volume (more sets, reps)

Lessen your rest periods.

Keep that heart rate up and thatll allow you to eat more.

Oral are okay... if used with an injectable.

Running an oral only will still shut down your natural testosterone production.
    And well... thats no good.

So you need to use an injectable test with the oral.

Plus... oral only gains will just go away after you stop the oral. The gains are mostly water weight.
    Oh, I didn't know that. Thanks!

As for gaining weight naturally...

If you are truly an ecto... then you dont have to worry about gaining excess body fat.

And you are not eating enough.

Eat more.

Dont be afraid to splurge.

If you feel like youre getting soft and not big... up the intensity of your training.

Add in more volume (more sets, reps)

Lessen your rest periods.

Keep that heart rate up and thatll allow you to eat more.
    I reckon I'm not 100% ecto then. Might be a mix between ecto and meso... Because the last time I bulked I gained around 5 pounds, and 3% bodyfat, roughly.

But do you have a program you'd recommend? I personally find my program to be a really good one. But maybe that's just me.

Go to the diet/nutrition section here.

There are many members that are amazing with working out macros and solid diet plans.

They will help you find whats best for you.

Go to the diet/nutrition section here.

There are many members that are amazing with working out macros and solid diet plans.

They will help you find whats best for you.
    Thanks a lot! I'll do that. You've been an amazing help!

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Hi Mike. I don't know what I think about phrases like "ectomorph" or "hard gainer". Whatever those are though, I am one also. From a young age It has been very difficult for me to put on weight. I respect you for performing the deadift, bench and squat. If you are not making gains, I would dramatically up your calories. I am about to start drinking a gallon of milk a day again. I did this a couple of years back and saw fast gains. I have always been a milk drinker - to me its like drinking water its no big deal. I also have no lactose intolerance issues. I drink skim and it doesn't bother me. I have read a couple of times that Arnie would drink two glasses of milk with egg and ice cream blended in a shake and a couple other things added. I am not trying to be a proponent for milk though. Up your calories in a more clean matter if you want (steak/fish/chicken brownrice/sweetpotato). I would up it at least 1000 or do more research. If you are really doing the universally best exercises and not growing, it is a calorie issue. For me, I have never been a good calorie counter and drinking a gallon of milk is the easy street. If you can cook up an extra steak and potato good deal.

I had just read your initial post but went back and read your other posts. Mike you are not eating anywhere near enough. Let me give you the short version. If you do juice, you will blow up 15 or 20 pounds, you'll have to come off after a while so your nuts keep making testosterone on their own and you can have babies later in life and still produce natural testosterone, then you will lose all your gains as soon as you come off. I know this from first hand.

You need to change your lifestyle to eat a lot more than you are. You have a great base to build on. Let me tell you something about us ectomorphs. We eat slowly, we are picky eaters and we tend to not finish our plate. This is my natural tendency - Im guessing you are the same.

EAT FASTER. Consume your meals quickly chop chop. Get the food in your belly and digesting. Don't pick at the food. Don't eat half now and let the other half go cold and sit around. Eat it all, and quickly.

EAT MORE. Like I said before.. got to make a lifestyle change here Mike. Do you want to have big muscles? Got to eat big too then. Got to eat like you are a warrior. Eat every 3 hours.

It will take research to get you where you need to be but hopefully this will get you started gaining.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Bro everything revolves around your diet.Beacuse if you cant put on weight now.You will lose anything you gain on cycle.Beacuse you must feed those new gains.Like the others said hit the diet section.Post your diet and they will help you.Believe me you are not the only one like that.But a lot of guys just aint eating right and not half of wat they think they are.Good luck Bro looking forward to hearing on your progress.

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    eat, being an ectomorph really means nothing, food and proper training can overcome this.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrydrpepper View Post
    Hi Mike. I don't know what I think about phrases like "ectomorph" or "hard gainer". Whatever those are though, I am one also. From a young age It has been very difficult for me to put on weight. I respect you for performing the deadift, bench and squat. If you are not making gains, I would dramatically up your calories. I am about to start drinking a gallon of milk a day again. I did this a couple of years back and saw fast gains. I have always been a milk drinker - to me its like drinking water its no big deal. I also have no lactose intolerance issues. I drink skim and it doesn't bother me. I have read a couple of times that Arnie would drink two glasses of milk with egg and ice cream blended in a shake and a couple other things added. I am not trying to be a proponent for milk though. Up your calories in a more clean matter if you want (steak/fish/chicken brownrice/sweetpotato). I would up it at least 1000 or do more research. If you are really doing the universally best exercises and not growing, it is a calorie issue. For me, I have never been a good calorie counter and drinking a gallon of milk is the easy street. If you can cook up an extra steak and potato good deal.

I had just read your initial post but went back and read your other posts. Mike you are not eating anywhere near enough. Let me give you the short version. If you do juice, you will blow up 15 or 20 pounds, you'll have to come off after a while so your nuts keep making testosterone on their own and you can have babies later in life and still produce natural testosterone, then you will lose all your gains as soon as you come off. I know this from first hand.

You need to change your lifestyle to eat a lot more than you are. You have a great base to build on. Let me tell you something about us ectomorphs. We eat slowly, we are picky eaters and we tend to not finish our plate. This is my natural tendency - Im guessing you are the same.

EAT FASTER. Consume your meals quickly chop chop. Get the food in your belly and digesting. Don't pick at the food. Don't eat half now and let the other half go cold and sit around. Eat it all, and quickly.

EAT MORE. Like I said before.. got to make a lifestyle change here Mike. Do you want to have big muscles? Got to eat big too then. Got to eat like you are a warrior. Eat every 3 hours.

It will take research to get you where you need to be but hopefully this will get you started gaining.
    I know what you mean when it comes to ectomorphs/hardgainers. It's not really a "condition" per say. Some people are just built with bigger appetites I reckon.. Which is what led to their body types in the first place.

But thanks a lot for the tips! I am eating incredibly lean, which is why gaining might be a bit harder.. And also, I'm lactose intolerant. So that's kinda out of the question. But I've started experimenting with my own weightgainer shakes.. Like, 0.5 liter of water, 2 tsp of peanutbutter, 1 cup of oats, and 1 scoop of whey. That is around 500 calories I reckon, which is a good start on the day if you ask me.. But again, thanks, I'll try changing my mindset when it comes to eating!

Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    Bro everything revolves around your diet.Beacuse if you cant put on weight now.You will lose anything you gain on cycle.Beacuse you must feed those new gains.Like the others said hit the diet section.Post your diet and they will help you.Believe me you are not the only one like that.But a lot of guys just aint eating right and not half of wat they think they are.Good luck Bro looking forward to hearing on your progress.
    Thanks for the support! Guess I'll start with fixing up the diet..!

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    I came back to give more advise but the guys here have done a great job helping you it looks like.
    Now go and eat and train buddy.

Thread Information