SLUMPBUSTR is offline Associate Member

How much time off after gyno surgery?

well, i just left the doctors office and he told me that i can get the surgery to have my gyno removed but he said that i wont be able to lift for about 6 weeks. anybody thats had the surgery know if this is true. i just started a pretty big cycle and i dont want to go through with it any time soon if i wont be able to lift for that long. and just so theres no confusion this isnt something that will go away with nolva. ive had it for as long as i can remember and ive already tried nolva. thanx
    Last edited by SLUMPBUSTR; 04-30-2003 at 12:30 PM.

956Vette is online now AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    One of my close friends just went to the doctor, and he said he would just be out of commission for 3 days! so bump

Pinch is offline Associate Member

Re: ???gyno surgery ques???

Originally posted by SLUMPBUSTR
    well, i just left the doctors office and he told me that i can get the surgery to have my gyno removed but he said that i wont be able to lift for about 6 weeks. anybody thats had the surgery know if this is true. i just started a pretty big cycle and i dont want to go through with it any time soon if i wont be able to lift for that long. and just so theres no confusion this isnt something that will go away with nolva. ive had it for as long as i can remember and ive already tried nolva. thanx
    did he ask to get the actual gland removed that produces gyno or just the gyno?

if you get that gland removed will you never get gyno again?

not sure actually, he just told me he could do it and it was a simple procedure of cutting under the nipple lifting it up and removing it. i dont know if hes removing the gland or not. but either way i want to know how long ill be out from lifting. cause if its only a couple of days then ill go ahead and do it while im on my cycle. otherwise im gonna wait

thinkin big is offline Junior Member
    i got a little lump i am goign to get cheked out on fri ..

i just started nolva ..hipefully it goes away

ghow much is the surgery...

i have no idea, my insurance covers it. im sure some of the other bros have an idea on costs

really your insurance covers..maybe mine will

what did you have...symptons ...lump ? etc

i have been freaking out over this shit

i have a lump under each of them and it doesnt bother me but i told the doctor it does and it irritates me.

youg'un is offline Associate Member
    Ive had mine cut out Both sides and they never removed the full gland now i got to go back and do it all over again. GET THE GLAND REMOVED! Thats my best piece of advice.
    After the surgury i was felling better and moving around the next day By the second week i was already working out doing bench and cable crossovers no pain at all.

bump for info about how long you cant lift after gyno surgery

longhornDr is offline Member
    Make sure you get it done by a plastic surgeon and not a general surgeon.

You will be much happier with your results.

FmRommel is offline Member
    Wait Wait Wait...

If you get the gland removed, then isnt there a huge fucking hole when you flex? Thats what I heard...just trying to verify...

BUMP!

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Through a wrestling friend I heard that the Rock has his glands removed...he definitely has indentations on his pecs.

well, i dont think that my gyno has gotten anyworse from any of my cycles. maybe from one with deca , test, fina. but never with just test or eg. so maybe i would just be better off gettting the tissue removed and keeping some nolva around. cause i def dont want any holes in my chest

so can anyone give me a deffinate answer of whether ill be ok to go ahead and get the surgery while im on a cycle. meaning will i be able to lift after a few days

Nickleby is offline Junior Member
    Definitely get it done by a good plastic surgeon.

I had both of mine cut out after my 4th cycle last year, and also had some lipo done for shaping. I was outta action for about 6 weeks with a fucking tight vest around my chest. Damn that was a bitch.

My surgeon took out the gland but left a bit of the fatty, adipose tissue there to allow for curvature and little indentation. If he/she takes out the nipple plate as well, then you will definitely have a indentations.

Good luck mate.

bigmrclean is offline Junior Member
    I got the surgery about 3 years ago. Kaiser covered it but I had to tell them is was more of a mental problem otherwise they would not have done it.

They put you to sleep, you wakeup, throwup, go home and cant move your arms much past your shoulders for a couple days. I was told to stay off the weights for 5-6 weeks because the tunnel they made while removing the tissue with the tube could get blood in it and if that hardened up it would cause hardness and a possible lump there. I stayed off the weights for about 3 weeks then hit legs for the next 2 weeks. I have to say it was worth it, only bad part you have to wear a compression vest to keep your nips tight so the blood will not get in the tunnels. Do it in Winter and wear a sweatshirt for a while.

bigmrclean

Originally posted by bigmrclean
    I got the surgery about 3 years ago. Kaiser covered it but I had to tell them is was more of a mental problem otherwise they would not have done it.

what type of mental problem did you say ...i dont understand...

I want to know in case my insurance wont cover it ...should I run aorund the doctors office naked singing show tunes..

bigmrclean is offline Junior Member
    Well they asked why I wanted it to be removed, and I said it makes me feel insecure about myself. They asked if I had used steroids before and of course I said no. I said I have had it since a kid and it has always bothered me mentally. They are more likely to remove it if it is a mental problem. If it is physical then they consider it cosmetic and most insurance companys will not do the procedure.

Hope that helps.

bigmrclean

Big Juice is offline Junior Member
    About cutting out the whole gland, the problem is that there is not nice little circular gland to cut out. It's actally a knot with a bunch of roots growing off of it (like spider webs) that go into your chest, so all they can really do is cut off whats on the top, they can't remove it all. I've heard that the more they cut, the less likely it is to come back, but it cannot be completely removed with no chance of regrowth.

Definitely have a plastic surgeon do it.

check out this site www.plasitcsurgery4u.com and search for info on the procedure.

-Big Juice

Dick Grayson is offline Junior Member
    Also don't forget about the excessive bleeding that may occur due to gear usage, I may have missed it but I didn't catch what you were taking, so you may want to factor that into your decison.

Just my .02 cents.

Thread Information