Thread: Eat a moose!

Eat a moose!

Ok this isnt directly about AAS - but I just read a magazine that had an article about Moose meat and a positive effect on AAS and wanted to pass it along.....has anyone heard this before? Basically - Dried Moose is 79. grams of protien on average. Double the normal size piece of red meat. It supposedly has some compound tho that some AAS work well with. And even if it is BS --- at 79 grams a piece - i can see why eating moose would jack up your muscle......just wanted to pass this funny lil thought on.....everyone start eatin moose! (or if your eskimo - bearded seal is high as well lol)

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Also very high in Fat ;(

Actualy the article said different? And i just looked on line -- found a few sites saying Dried Moose meat is actually very lean...

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalGorilla View Post
    Actualy the article said different? And i just looked on line -- found a few sites saying Dried Moose meat is actually very lean...
    Perhaps I have just had fatty pieces. That and my Bear experiences have been the same. Maybe when someone is giving you free meat you dont get the most prime cuts lol

hahahaha .....yea I can imagine they saved the best for themselves lol

Budly69 is offline Junior Member
    Moose would be no different than any other animal, lean in the round portions and more marbled towards the rib cage and back straps. And if it was wild moose (grass fat) it will tend to be leaner. A mooses body composition dictates that it will be a leaner meat in general when compared to our more garden variety cow, pig, and chicken meats. Yes the protein levels are very high but I will do you one better my friend, horse meat is where its at. Very lean, and jam packed full of protein. Sadly there is a no horse slaughter law in the USA at the moment so horse meat is very hard to come by but if you dont believe me just ask Alistair Overeem or pretty much any other Dutch fighter/body builder. And I'm not pulling this out of my arse FYI, I'm a cattle and horse rancher with a kinesiology degree that spent 10 years working the cutting board in a meat market.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Budly69 View Post
    Moose would be no different than any other animal, lean in the round portions and more marbled towards the rib cage and back straps. And if it was wild moose (grass fat) it will tend to be leaner. A mooses body composition dictates that it will be a leaner meat in general when compared to our more garden variety cow, pig, and chicken meats. Yes the protein levels are very high but I will do you one better my friend, horse meat is where its at. Very lean, and jam packed full of protein. Sadly there is a no horse slaughter law in the USA at the moment so horse meat is very hard to come by but if you dont believe me just ask Alistair Overeem or pretty much any other Dutch fighter/body builder. And I'm not pulling this out of my arse FYI, I'm a cattle and horse rancher with a kinesiology degree that spent 10 years working the cutting board in a meat market.
    It thought that had already been lifted nearly a year ago?

Shsm is offline Senior Member
    Sounds delicious. Then again anything does after eating chicken for 3 years straight...

capetown is offline Senior Member
    There is a horse slaughter farm a few miles from me. They export all the meat to Montreal though. I should knock on their door and see. Then again, i dont know about eating horse. Anyone ever try?

I wouldnt eat horse ... I dunno why I just wont. Lol

After what Ive just read I dont agree its the same as cow. Unless you mean outside of the US. The Moose Medallions are 79 grams of protien. Same peice of cow is 38.7, according to RESTTRAXX (the restaraunt consumption guide)

t-dogg is offline Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Horse meat! Google it lol.

stpete is offline Banned
    And the cost? Not sure if my fatass could afford it.

yea its expensive -- I just ordered 4 Medallions.....and it was $30

That should last 4 hours lol

stpete is offline Banned
    haha..

bosstrev is offline New Member
    Ostrich is the highest of protein, and the moose has the lowest fat of wild game, all per 100grams of meat

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Any one know good reputable sites to order from?

Would love some game. Buffalo, bison, ostrich...ect

noon is offline Senior Member
    Drive north and shoot one
    I eat a lot of venison all year long my whole family is full of hunters and I keep a freezer full year round
    our season actually just opened . lean red meat

Budly69 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Under circumstances, with 100% of any rendered product to be exported, it's nowhere close to where it use to be. It's sad really because there is a lot of bad horse owners who starve/mistreat their animals simply because there is no outlet for them and many people who buy horses are unable to properly care for them. The people who get these laws passed, the kind of people who think horses are majestic and magical creatures (they aren't), are doing more harm to the animals than good.

Also I misspoke when comparing moose to beef, the moose will have a higher protein content and lower fat content, period but horse being superior to moose. I've eaten horse, it's pretty damn good... Not beef obviously but I could definitely try it out now and again. I've eaten a lot of buffalo (live on an indian reservation) and it's nothing special, essentially tougher, leaner beef.

Yes it was but I am not sure it has caught back up to the levels it was before the ban

kmms is offline Productive Member
    haha i was coming into this thread only to comment about overeem.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Under circumstances, with 100% of any rendered product to be exported, it's nowhere close to where it use to be. It's sad really because there is a lot of bad horse owners who starve/mistreat their animals simply because there is no outlet for them and many people who buy horses are unable to properly care for them. The people who get these laws passed, the kind of people who think horses are majestic and magical creatures (they aren't), are doing more harm to the animals than good.

Also I misspoke when comparing moose to beef, the moose will have a higher protein content and lower fat content, period but horse being superior to moose. I've eaten horse, it's pretty damn good... Not beef obviously but I could definitely try it out now and again. I've eaten a lot of buffalo (live on an indian reservation) and it's nothing special, essentially tougher, leaner beef.
    Tell me about it...
    http://theoatmeal.com/story/eat_horses

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalGorilla View Post
    Ok this isnt directly about AAS - but I just read a magazine that had an article about Moose meat and a positive effect on AAS and wanted to pass it along.....has anyone heard this before? Basically - Dried Moose is 79. grams of protien on average. Double the normal size piece of red meat. It supposedly has some compound tho that some AAS work well with. And even if it is BS --- at 79 grams a piece - i can see why eating moose would jack up your muscle......just wanted to pass this funny lil thought on.....everyone start eatin moose! (or if your eskimo - bearded seal is high as well lol)
    Moose meat is packed with protein and hands down my favorite meat! A friend of mine recently dropped off some homemade moose sausage. He was feeling sorry for me as I have not shot a moose yet lol/. The freezer is looking pathetic for wild game right now..but that's about to change

Hahaha, had horse meat in Montreal once..i liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by goode80 View Post
    Any one know good reputable sites to order from?

Would love some game. Buffalo, bison, ostrich...ect

FossilFarms.com is good. GOt 2 moose steaks from a friend from there and i just ordered some myself.
    ANd I think im gonna try ostrich soon....I remember someone here said its high in protien..

Thread Information