mrhoden2 is offline New Member

High Test Levels???

Age 36, weight 225, height 6'1" I am in the middle of a Test Cyp only cycle. This is my 3rd one but the others were stacked with EQ on 1 and Anavar on the other in the past 3 years. About 15-17 years ago I took Test only also. I front loaded 250mg for 2 weeks and then am 4 weeks into 500mg (250 twice a week) with 6 more weeks planned. I never got blood work done but older age I guess gives you more worries. The doctor called and said normal Test level was supposed to be 1,000 for me, but I am at 5,740 right now. Was suggested to quit taking so I go in a few days to talk about it. I really love my result I am getting and of couse want to keep going, but the way he was talking has me worried. Is that an extremely high level, should I just cut back or stay the coarse? I am getting great result with my body, more sex then when we was newly weds, and more energy all around. I see nothing but positive things yet when you look at something 6X's higher than normal, I am just wondering. Everything else came back normal on the blood work, healthy as a horse, just the 1 high number...

Thank you.

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    Welcome.

Stay the course and run it out to 12 wks. Those high test values are normal for what your running. Nothing to be alarmed about with respect to the numbers you provided.

Do you have an AI on cyle? hCG ? PCT planned?

Thanks for the advice, like I said, I used to poke and go, just stop and never worry about anything. On this run, I plan on a PCT, this is one reason on the blood work. I plan on talking to my doctor about him perscribing it for me. I still have 6 weeks to go so if you doesn't want to help, I will be here to ask a lot more questions. I know I am the poster-boy of bad rep for this on not doing my homework before, but I guess better late than never.

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    Dont wait until your cycle is done. Get yourself an AI from AR-R above. And pick up your PCT needs too, if you don't' already have them.

AI on cycle eod. Ex: Aromasin 12.5mg eod. OR Arimidex .25mg eod.

PCT should look something like this:

clomid 75/50/50/50
    nolva 40/40/20/20

hCG would wise to invest in also.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It's not uncommon but it is a concern. Keep an eye on your lipids and PSA as these correlate with increasing testosterone . Often men with extremely high serum testosterone levels will have abnormally high PSA readings. A PSA above 4.0 usually represents prostatitis or BPH. Readings above 10.0 are of greater concern. Most MDs will advise reducing or arresting treatment to be sure elevated PSA is cycle-induced and not something more serious.

Changes in lipid values can be problematic for cardiac health so it's important to keep this in check.

Hemoglobin and RBCs may elevate as well and become risk factors over time.

Will do thanks again. Last question, will it be best to wait till I go to doc in 2 days to see if he will perscribe or just order it? Don't know if there is a difference in quality of medication or does it matter? I hope I at least am explaining this right.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhoden2
    Will do thanks again. Last question, will it be best to wait till I go to doc in 2 days to see if he will perscribe or just order it? Don't know if there is a difference in quality of medication or does it matter? I hope I at least am explaining this right.
    I'd personally suggesting ordering some if cash flow isn't an issue. The doc may/may not prescribe all required meds anf if he does, having a surplus isn't terribly bad.

OnTheSauce is offline Banned
    Mine was over 8000 last time, no worries as long as everything else is in check..

Chx beach 79 is offline Senior Member
    8,000 holy crap! You must of felt ten foot tall and bulletproof! Lol

Thread Information