Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    anahny is offline Associate Member

Z Track Method!! Does it really help reduce PIP??

Ok guys so i been doing research on the Z track method injection. From what I understand it will greatly reduce PIP. Have anyone who used this method known this to be true?

Also does this video show the correct way to do it? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPp28ZGgobw

How to employ the Z track method?
    Firstly get your injection point, then pull the skin across or down from that point, this moves the cutaneous and subcutaneous tissues a centimetre or two, this helps reduce the sensitivity of nerve endings, remembering to keep an eye on the injection point.

Next insert the needle sharply in at a 90dg angle to the depth you need.
    Inject the steroid (after aspirating) at a rate of about 10 secs/ml, when fully injected keep the needle in place for another 10secs, so allowing the steroid to seep into the muscle.
    Remove the syringe quickly, at exactly the angle you went in and release the skin, this is what stops any of your steroid leaking out and reduces bleeds, then apply a little pressure to the area, but don't massage the area immediately afterwards, wait a couple of minutes or you can cause some of the oil to be released back up the needle track and into subcutaneous tissue, which can lead to swelling and PIP.

Exercising the muscle afterwards will assist the absorption of the steroid by increasing blood flow to the area.

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    I have tried it once and it is not as easy as it sounds...caused me more pain because of needle travel. The only thing I believe it accomplishes is to help keep the oil in place.

You have to consider the causes of PIP...why would this method improve any of them?

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    I have tried it once and it is not as easy as it sounds...caused me more pain because of needle travel. The only thing I believe it accomplishes is to help keep the oil in place.

You have to consider the causes of PIP...why would this method improve any of them?
    This is what I was wondering. But based on everything I read it says it helps reduced PIP which i find hard to believe which is why I posted this. I wanted to know what you guys think of it. And it does look alot more complicated to do and IMO if It doesnt help Id rather stick with my old method. I dont get PIP in my Quads only in my glutes which is very strange.

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Quote Originally Posted by anahny View Post
    This is what I was wondering. But based on everything I read it says it helps reduced PIP which i find hard to believe which is why I posted this. I wanted to know what you guys think of it. And it does look alot more complicated to do and IMO if It doesnt help Id rather stick with my old method. I dont get PIP in my Quads only in my glutes which is very strange.
    Most likely because your a bit shaky giving a reach around...contact Sholv for some "pointers"

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    Most likely because your a bit shaky giving a reach around...contact Sholv for some "pointers"
    Could be. Thanks I will contact for some pointers

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anahny View Post
    Could be. Thanks I will contact for some pointers

Assume Lunk has not seen your reply,

Sholva is an openly gay member here who often jokes about his sexuality.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Never saw any reduction in PIP just helps with annoying leaking, I guess if it help keep gear out of the fat layer it could reduce burn particularly if it was high in BA, howecer thats not been my experience. Gotta say though I have not used it in ages, I find if I spend more time injecting say 20 seconds per ml and then wait 10 seconds before withdrawing that leakage is minimal so the Z is uneeded.

canesfan804 is offline Member
    I am no pro and only done one cycle but z trac is the only way Ive done mine and I didnt have any PIP. Even tho I doubt z trac was the reason why.

BlueWaffle21 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    THe purpose of z track is to keep whatever substance you're shooting in the body. When the needle is removed, the path the needle took is split so that the chances of leaking are greatly reduced. This method is accomplished much easier with an additional set of hands.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Just cut your test with sterile oil from Ar-r .Problem solved Bro.

canesfan804 is offline Member
    Its a pretty easy process, just pull the skin about 1 1/2" inject then remove needle and let go of skin. Important to not let skin go until after injection and pin is removed, this could cause more PIP. If you dont have a issue with leakage then its probabaly not beneficial anyways.

Thread Information